Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dark Tale

Collaborative Discussions

a part of “Dark Tale”, a fictional universe by Sonata.

If you like dark and twisted fairy tales, then this just may be the game for you.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dark Tale”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Collaborative Discussions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 pm

This is where you plot, chat, collaborate; whatever you want to do, it can be done in here. Enjoy!
ImageI am an American Soldier.

The Maker of Epic Role Plays
The Chef Ramsay of RP

Role Play Consultant -If you need help with anything role play-related or concerning your writing ability, drop me a line.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Collaborative Discussions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Okay whoever wants to collaborate with my character Princess Pearl, post here!
ImageSong of the Day: FFXIII-2: Ruined Hometown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpsgk7b3R3w
With love.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:30 pm

@ Spirit_is_shining: Princess Pearl could collaborate with Ivory (Snow White) If you like. I think that Ivory would find Pearl fascinating.

Orbweaver
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:30 am

Ivory (Snow White) is a neutral right? Hm, maybe we could already know eachother. Maybe Ivory has been to Pearl's flower shop.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HitoriRaven on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Interjection. Anyone for White Order should know, the invitation mentioned a key code and phrase.

Trigger phrase is, "The forest has been lovely as of late.""

Key phrase is, "Is that so? The howling has kept me away."

Only people who have received an invitation should know this. This is in preparation for my next post, so please bear with me. I'm getting a lot of shit as of recently, and pretty much the only way I can post regularly is to use a phone, which I don't fancy typing on. But in any case, cheerio.

I hope to get my post up soon.

HitoriRaven
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:44 pm

@ Spirit_is_shining: Yes, she's neutral, I had an idea that they might know each other from some even in the past but haven't seen each other for a while so maybe Ivory could walk into Pearl's shop after she's done in the Tipsy Fairy and recognise her. What do you think of that idea?

Orbweaver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HitoriRaven on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Hey hey. I finally posted. So other members of White Order, haul ass in there before Red decides she's done. =d

Members already there, feel free to respond. If you haven't already noticed, I have posted the response phrase.

To Sonata, your party was acceptable. However, the pizza was still bland. =D And I will have my post for DE up soon.

HitoriRaven
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby spirit_is_shining on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:20 pm

@Orbweaver: Sure, they can know eachother from the past. Maybe Ivory knew Pearl before she lost her voice, when she was just a mermaid, and they had met in a forest before. Then the next time you met Pearl, you saw her in Brogdin selling flowers with human legs, but mute and knew she was changed. They could be acquaintances.

spirit_is_shining
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:28 am

@Spirit_is_shining: I love that idea, I'll have Ivory finish in the pub so I can initiate an iteraction with Pearl.

Orbweaver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orbweaver on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:24 pm

@Spirit_is_shining: I'll post tonight so Ivory can leave the pub and find the flower store, sorry to keep you waiting on me.

Orbweaver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HitoriRaven on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:51 pm

I also posted! Everyone yay! Go see Red's pure badassery. =d

HitoriRaven
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:35 am

I sent a PM yesterday to the Wicked Queen, and I haven't gotten a response from her. For the Dark Court players, I'll say this. I'm going to give her until Monday to get back to me. If she doesn't get back to me, then I'll post for her since we need to move this along.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bashie L. Craft on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:40 am

Okay, I finished a post but I'm not proud of it. I might edit it tomorrow since I did it half-asleep. Almost note; I added in other powers with the permission of Sonata. I'm not finished yst as i'm too tired so I'll finish that up tomorrow. Hansel, my luv, you're next.

Bashie L. Craft
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby showers in april on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 am

worry not, gretel,
your baby's got this in the sack :D
Doubt thou the stars are fire
Doubt that the sun doth move
Doubt truth to be a liar
But never doubt I love

showers in april
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Zenos on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:31 pm

@Sonata

I'm really intereseted in your Dark Tale game. I love twisted fairy tales and enjoy reading many of Grimms' tales. Could I create a character? I'm new to RPgateway, but I think I'm catching on pretty fast. The character I would like to be would probably be evil. I would change up the story of Iron Hans a little bit so that he never got cured of his curse and also so that he was actually made of iron, rather than just looking like it.

Here's the synopsis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_John

Here's what my Iron Hans would look like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_John

I would've sent a PM, but I couldn't figure out how. If you don't want Iron Hans as a character, maybe I could be someone else - I really like this idea, though, and I would be extremely happy to be part of it.

Lord Zenos
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:17 am

Lord Zenos: Just make a profile, and I'll look it over and see if it works.

spirit_is_shining: My only objections in your post is that Pearl wouldn't have heard of The White Order because it doesn't even exist yet. Currently in the game, it is starting to form.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:30 am

Welp, looks like we're going to need a new Wicked Queen. I'll get a post up for her soon to move The Dark Court along.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:38 pm

I posted for The Wicked Queen and The Frog Prince. So, I've finally kicked The Dark Court into action.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Re: Collaborative Discussions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hypnosis on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:56 pm

I would just like to say that I am extremely interested in this well put-together story! I'm not in a position to post a character skeleton, but would it be too late to include Jack of the "Jack Be Nimble" nursery rhyme? If you read up on the background, it is believed he was based off Black Jack, a pirate skilled at avoiding capture (hence the "nimble".) If not, I understand, but I am sincerely captivated and will follow regardless.
"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

Hypnosis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Collaborative Discussions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:05 pm

Sure. Whenever you get a chance, be sure to send over a profile and I'll see if it works or not and let you know.

Sonata
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!