Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Vyricia, land of the adept

Vyricia; land of the adept

a part of “Vyricia, land of the adept”, a fictional universe by Star Lumina.

Vyricia is filled with those who seek glory and to ultimately take the title of Phoenixian. In this land, each person is given the means to pursue their path - be it evil, good, neutral, or straight into obscurity.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Vyricia, land of the adept”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Vyricia; land of the adept

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Star Lumina on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Alright! Welcome to the OOC chat for Vyricia. Use this to discuss ideas for arcs, set up fights, and everything else that is done with OOC forums. [I'm new to this, okay? xD]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Star Lumina
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Vyricia; land of the adept

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Star Lumina on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Alright! We've got a good amount of characters now, so I'm thinking it will be time to start soon. Ideas for a beginning can be discussed, or we could all jump into it.

Regardless, I'm still updating the places. If you want to help, try to find some pictures of cool-looking arenas or places that would fit the setting so I can make a name for them and put them in the universe. :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Star Lumina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Loonybin. on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 pm

I'll see what I can dig up as far as locations/arenas, I had already planned to develop Taric, and Victors Training grounds a bit farther. That point made, I am also looking for a few people to study under him, note that he is a combat trainer, and has little to no magical skill, this does not mean he won't train magi, but he will train them in physical arts. If you have interest reply in this chat or a PM.

And that is my two cents.

The Loonybin.
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Star Lumina on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:29 am

I'll add Taric to the places if you give me a description of the town [seeing as it's your idea xD].

Star Lumina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Loonybin. on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:16 am

I'll send info and image links in a PM once I get it all together. On another note, how advanced is this World? Possibly looking to work on a second character, however he will have a middle eastern theme, ottoman to be more specific. Rambling aside, is there basic gunpowder?

The Loonybin.
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DragonWriter on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:18 pm

I found something awesome! Actually two awesome role plays today! I'd like to join yours please.

DragonWriter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jukuma on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Glad to know we'll be able to start soon. I don't have any questions for now other than, any tips to go on for the arena images you want? I was looking for some pictures but after a short while I realized I wasn't sure of what kind of stadium I was searching for :P. Something like a theme, size or anything?

jukuma
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Star Lumina on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:52 am

Loonybin, I'm opting out of gunpowder, for the start anyway. Perhaps later in RP, gunpowder can be discovered, but not for a while.

DragonWriter, go ahead and submit a character sheet to the Roleplay page when you're ready to join. The main page with the character skeleton can be found here:

roleplay/vyricia-land-of-the-adept/

Jukuma, the arenas are all varied. There are limited descriptions for the arenas currently available, for example the Vyrician arena is forested, with animals crawling about and dry blood...everywhere. Whereas the August arena is more 'beach' themed, with sand and water being the main areas. That said, most of the arenas are large.

I'm going to be updating more today, so keep an eye out for changes.

Also: I will post the beginning post today at some point. Follow my lead, if you would.

Star Lumina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Loonybin. on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:02 am

Understandable, and reasonable. I look forward to your posting and the replies that will fallow. The other character is still in development and will likely be entered into the submissions at a later point in time.

The Loonybin.
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Star Lumina on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:19 pm

The roleplay has officially started! The opening post is in Crix, and that's where we all need to start. From there, you can go wherever you'd like.

Star Lumina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Loonybin. on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:56 am

Your doing well so far, and the quality post shows that your a decent Rp'er^^ Please ignore my blunder of posting the the wrong place, Reposted in the correct location.

Note, The character Clide has been entered into the submissions with more detail. Edited out the gunpowder and replaced it with some potent magic. ;)

Also, "Clide Vel Naser" has been entered into the Submissions. Needed to student for Victor.*Snickers.*
Last edited by The Loonybin. on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Loonybin.
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jukuma on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Aight, posted. Apparently, I can't send PMs, I only just found out that you need to have 10 posts in order to do that apparently... can't say I understand why ¬¬. Anyways, hope you don't mind that I write it here instead of sending a private.

Are you familiar with the Monster Hunter games? I found an image from that game that might be good for the August arena. It is smaller than how I pictured the arena, but maybe it can be a good base. So.... Candidate?.

That's the only one that really jumped out at me, but there are many others that could apply (for example, there's a forest area; it's not very arena-like, but it might have some good image for reference). So if any of you would like to check them out, here's the wiki page for the MH areas.

jukuma
Member for 13 years

Re: Vyricia; land of the adept

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Star Lumina on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:06 pm

Glad you're enjoying it so far, Loony.

That arena looks promising, Juk. I just might use those for photo reference. ^_^

Star Lumina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Loonybin. on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:37 am

Going to be offline for a few days, just thought I would worn everyone.

The Loonybin.
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jukuma on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:19 am

Hmmm... I know I am but, are we all waiting for Vio-Lance to post? I think that's not gonna happen, but I want to confirm first :/

jukuma
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Star Lumina on Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:09 am

I'm not sure where Vio-Lance is...I don't want to go on RPing without him if it can be avoided. I suppose I'll PM him and if there's no reply in the next few days we'll move on.

Star Lumina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Very sorry for the delay, mentlegen. My computer's fan had stopped working, and as I am on a laptop, this was quite the downside. I was unable to replace it until now. I shall make a post immediately.
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Star Lumina on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:43 pm

The RP has started again, it seems. Now we just need to wait for everyone else to post their next actions so I can start my little demonstration of the two fighters. That'll be a base-line for the general format for fighting, and can be used as reference. :3

I have to say, I am liking Nai-lee already. xD

Star Lumina
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Loonybin. on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:03 am

Heh, I chuckled at Nai-lee as well, I have a friend who is like that in real life. Makes me worry about the character. xD

Writing up the post currently, may take a day or two, with drafting an all that fun stuff.

The Loonybin.
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Loonybin. on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 am

And I appear to have misplaced the post I had written up. *Sighs.* For the sake of ending this continued silence, Someone post. I'll see if I can find it, if not. Simply assumed Clide left with Victor and the other warriors of Clan Damel.

The Loonybin.
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!