Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Cascade Falls

Cascade Falls

a part of “Cascade Falls”, a fictional universe by Tom Ice.

Cascade Falls is the point at which a parallel universe is colliding with our own. The fate of the little town and perhaps the whole world, lays on the backs of eight local teenagers.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Cascade Falls”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Cascade Falls

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tom Ice on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:26 am

"Cascade Falls"

Not sure why the roleplay seems to think I haven't added rules. I have. Anyway. Here's a brief description of the powers the characters will receive through the five different stages;

Progressions of Power will be controlled by me, and will be as follows:
Stage One
Air - Can stir breezes slightly.
Light - Can brighten lightbulbs, make them last slightly longer, etc.
Life - Can make plants grow the slightest bit faster.
Water - Can make small amounts of water move faster or slower.
Shadow - Can grow or shrink shadows slightly.
Fire - Can raise heat or lower it slightly of already existing fire.
Death - Can cause minor illness in plants.
Earth - Can cause cracks in small rocks or form a series of pebbles into a larger rock.
Stage Two
Air - Can create winds and breezes freely
Light - Can control the brightness of any already existing light source, except for celestial bodies.
Life - Can grow plants faster, and control their growth.
Water - Can make existing clouds release rain, can make larger amounts of water move faster or slower.
Shadow - Can grow or shrink shadows without effort, enough to fill a room.
Fire - Can grow or shrink existing fires within the range of small bonfire to an ember.
Death - Can cause major illness, possibly fatal, in plants.
Earth - Can cause cracks in and merge rocks that they would be strong enough to pick up in two hands.
Stage Three
Air - Can give direction to clouds, and create strong winds and, if clouds are present, moderately sized tornados.
Light - Can create minor illusions and cause temporary blindness, as well as controlling brightness of all light sources save celestial bodies.
Life - Can grow plants extremely fast, and control their growth, as well as adjust their genetics as to make them larger or smaller at full size. Minor healing powers.
Water - Can create clouds, release rain, control snow and ice, and make large amounts of water move extremely fast or stop moving.
Shadow - Can ministrate small amounts of bodily control through a person or object's shadow, can also cause temporary blindness and remove colour from objects.
Fire - Can grow or shrink existing fire without limits, can also perform minor manipulations of it.
Death - Can cause major illness in plants, and minor illness and injury in people and animals.
Earth - Can cause cracks and merges in rocks without limitation as long as the two rocks he/she is trying to merge are close enough to be touching.
Stage Four
Air - Can manipulate air currents and most weather without limitation. Can fly for short periods of time.
Light - Can create illusions and cause temporary blindness, as well as control brightness of all light sources, save celestial bodies.
Life - Can manipulate plants without limitation, major healing powers.
Water - Can manipulate weather and water without limitation.
Shadow - Can manipulate shadow completely, and solidify it into tendrils and such, as well as moderate bodily control through an object or person's shadow.
Fire - Can manipulate fire and heat without limitation.
Death - Can cause major illness and injury in plants, humans, and animals.
Earth - Can manipulate rocks without limitation.
Final Stage
Air - Can fly without effort, as well as manipulating weather and air without limitation. No longer needs to breathe under water or in airtight spaces. Can summon air and wind.
Light - Can cause illusions and blindness, as well as control brightness of all light sources without limitation. Can summon light freely and become
invisible if not in shadow.
Life - Can manipulate plants, humans, and animals without limitation. Can reanimate dead things once.
Water - Can manipulate weather and water. Can manipulate blood in themself and other people, as well as summon water from thin air.

Shadow - Can manipulate shadow completely, and manipulate humans, animals, plants, and objects if in contact with their shadow. Can travel through one shadow to another and become invisible in shadow.
Fire - Can manipulate and summon fire and heat without limitation. Can manipulate lightening and withstand extreme temperatures without any problem.
Death - Can completely remove life from a plant, human, or animal once.
Earth - Can manipulate rocks and metal without limitation. Can cause earthquakes and other similar disasters.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tom Ice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Cascade Falls

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dumisa on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:48 am

May I reserve the fire ability please?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dumisa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ToccoaClark on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:29 am

May I reserve Life (Air, if it's already been reserved)?
Image~ "Occasionally, I'm callous and strange." ~
~ "Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks." ~
~ "I was ready. I had a fork" ~
~ "Women never blame the aliens." ~
~ "Drunks are so cute." ~
~ "How about a hot cup of shut the fuck up?" ~
~ "You must bring us... a shrubbery!" ~
~ "Did I fall asleep?" ~

ToccoaClark
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReaperGirl4 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:26 am

Can I reserve death please?

ReaperGirl4
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:25 am

May I reserve Air please?
"Life...Dreams...Hope...Where do they come from? And where do they go? None of that junk is enough to fulfill your hearts! Destruction...Destruction is what makes life worth living! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy! Let's destroy everything!"
— Kefka Palazzo

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:52 am

Please alert me if there's anything wrong with the character I created

-Lufia

Mineczka
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tom Ice on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Fire goes to Dumisa, Life to ToccoaClark, Death to ReaperGirl4, and Air to Lufia, I'll go look at your character now, Lufia.

Tom Ice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tom Ice on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Lufia, I found a few things.
Seeing as this is a semi-realistic roleplay, if your character was orphaned, he'd need to be moved to Cascade Falls with a foster family. No one would sell property or anything to a minor, and since everybody knows everybody else in Cascade, it would be hard for *someone* not to find out.
Also, unless there's ample reason for him to have an exotic name as such, he should have a pretty regular one. This is set in a little mountain town in Colorado in 2012, so an exotic name is a tad unrealistic.
One last thing; as of the start of the roleplay, the characters have only entered and been in phase one for a few days. They might not even be *aware* they have powers since stage one is so minor.
Other than those things, you're golden.

Tom Ice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReaperGirl4 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Submitted my character!! c:

ReaperGirl4
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tom Ice on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:55 pm

I'd like to wait a little before we begin posting, but ReaperGirl, Luce has been accepted.

Tom Ice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReaperGirl4 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:00 pm

aw yay! I can't wait for this to start :u it shall be awesomesauce.

ReaperGirl4
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Well... I'll try to fix it to the best of my ability!

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mineczka on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Done! I chose a more regular name and fixed all the issues, Alert me if I corrected wrong!

-Lufia

Mineczka
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tom Ice on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Accepted! I'll work on my own character and some plot important GM-controlled characters today. -nodnod-

Tom Ice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ToccoaClark on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Just realized that none of my pictures are anime. Yeah, I'm awesome like that. O_o

ToccoaClark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tom Ice on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:00 pm

If you could edit that it would be greatly appreciated <3

Tom Ice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ToccoaClark on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:43 am

Done. As far as my sheet goes, I'm technically finished, but I'll flesh it out some tomorrow. :)

Edit: if no one decides to reserve Water soon, I can, so that we may get started.

ToccoaClark
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tom Ice on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:40 am

All right, ToccoaClark, I'm not really interested in having people reserve more than one character just yet, but I'll speak to you if it seems like it will be a necessity.

Dumisa, I've found a few things wrong with your character:
1. His personality seems very underdeveloped. Two sentences is very minimum. Perhaps a little fleshing would help.
2. He and Claus share an awful lot; both the quiet and dead parents aspects, quiet because of misfortune after they suffered in the past...
3. Dead parents. I usually only allow one character with dead parents in a roleplay at a time. It's... touchy. Not many people have both parents die. I actually only know three people at the moment with one dead parent, and I know a lot of people. I know cliches are cliche for a reason and they do tell stories well, but having two characters with the same cliche dead parents backstory in one roleplay... well. I might allow it, but please do take out the other tragic things, such as being treated 'like a slave boy'. I prefer less flat characters in roleplays I intend to keep up for a while. I intend to torture these characters enough as a DM in the longrun, they don't need a tragic past as well. I'd just like it to be more believable. I mean. I know it's fantasy, but all the same. If a child is treated badly, they'll speak up, and social services will generally act. I mean. If you're set on the character having a tragic backstory as he does, he can have his tragic backstory, just flesh it out and make it a little more believable. Look at Blair Garner for a good example of a well-balanced, but still short biography.

And this next bit goes to all of our roleplayers:

I'd like you to make sure your character has at least one major weakness, and one major strength of equal or lesser value in their personality description. This is going to be a hardy roleplay in which I, as the DM, am going to exploit both strengths and weaknesses of the character, so I need to know a bit about them. And make sure your character isn't too much like another character. I want to have fun and variety basing the entire universe we're going to be playing with off of the strengths and weaknesses of your characters. If you make any changes or would just like to tell me about your character, please do post in the OOC.

Tom Ice
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReaperGirl4 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:57 am

How does this sound, as far as weakness?

Luce goes into an atypical absence seizure (see below for definition) every time he sees large amounts of blood, as he is, as of NOW, hemophobic.

As for a strength, his plain ol' logic skills, already listed in the personality.

So... how's that sound?

Atypical Absence Seizure (in case you didn't know already)-
Atypical absence seizures are similar to typical absence seizures, except they tend to begin more slowly, last longer (up to a few minutes), and can include slumping or falling down. The person may also feel confused for a short time after regaining consciousness. While the cause of atypical seizures may be unidentifiable, they are sometimes traced to abnormalities in the brain that were present at birth (congenital) or from trauma or injury, or from complications from liver or kidney disease. This type of seizures may continue into adulthood.

ReaperGirl4
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tom Ice on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:41 am

That actually sounds really cool, ReaperGirl. I'll add it to my character notes for him! Thanks for that.

Tom Ice
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!