Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mount & Blade; Warbands

Mount & Blade; Warbands

a part of “Mount & Blade; Warbands”, a fictional universe by CussingChild.

Feudalism of the most deviant kind, in Calradia, a land once mighty now divided amongst six kingdoms ruled by leaders with claims to the Calradian throne. Take up arms in this land of opportunity. (Open!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mount & Blade; Warbands”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Mount & Blade; Warbands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:41 am

Thank you for taking the time to look here.

I hope you decide to join, any questions or concerns, feel free to ask or present them. Here or in pm.

Any suggestions? Good, I plan on collaborating with anyone that decides to join.
"It's not that I believe people are generally bad in nature, it's that..I know it with every fiber of my cold dark being."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Mount & Blade; Warbands

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:04 am

By the way, you come up with the make of your fief, though it must start out fairly small, so present the terrain and make of it in the character skeleton, along with the name. It may also be beneficial to name the economy or the mannerisms of the people.

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_of_Swadia

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_of_Rhodoks

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_of_Vaegirs

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_of_Nords

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Khergit_Khanate

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Sarranid_Sultanate

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:48 am

Never heard of this game... but now you got me about to buy it -_-.
Heresy you say? That brother is a matter of perception.

Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:54 am

It's an amazing game.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:26 am

Are all characters expected to be enemy Lords with their own NPC armies? Or is it permissible to form alliances, or to play a feudatory role under another character? I ask in the interest of interaction beyond warfare through non-player forces.

(The RP feels a bit like a real-time strategy game.)

Seirei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:41 am

Mount & Blade is that way, was a good aim, glad I hit kind of!

And ofcourse you can make alliances, friendships, it's a way involving less bloodshed, in which to rise through the ranks of a faction.

And to play beneath another player, as a Lord you are a vassal of the Ruler of your faction. But I propose, that if you could find a player in which to work for as a soldier, that you could do so. Remember however that ambition is one thing that should be clear in all the posts, always the player should be striving to do more, make more of his or herself and have more.

Alternatively, you could break down further into the feudal system, as a knight of the Lord, you could have a small farm and fool around with all that and your family.

Ah and all NPC Lords will have warbands of their own.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Is the Kingdom of Vaegir cold? I'm talking about Russian winter cold during their winter.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Sleep deprived when I put that.

Yes, Vaegirs is based around Russia and Slovak cultures. There region is snowy, bad for farming, infested with Taiga Bandits. And there is always the looming threat of an army coming over the mountains or by sea. During the game everyone is a bit scared, because of the lack of unity and constant wars, Calradia would be vulnerable to attack. Why the demand for a High King is so dire.

Sarranid Sultanate is the desert, the Khergit Khanate is set in a dry grassland with rolling hills and harsh small mountains. The Rhodoks are based in a collection of large mountains, but it's very "green" and lush, Veluca is known for it's wine. The Nords are based always, near the sea, and their land is a medium, has mountainous ranges , but the coast is fairly flat, blending with Swadia as it drives inland. The Swadians have timid land, good for farming, fairly temperate.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:50 pm

It sounds like Vaegirs needs a revolution with Stalin-like leadership. So is Vaegir the most populated country out of the list? Also what is the kingdom like in the world power scale?

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Population, yes, probably, Rhodok and Swadia, and Nords have fair populations as well, though. Since their nations are rich in resources. World superpower, I don't think so, they're often disregarded in the game, their units are all fairly incompetent in one way or another. The snowy region makes their area not so profitable, and their lack of discipline and unity amongst the Lords adds to that, considering, because their King is weak. But if you're an opportunist, it would be an easy nation to make the most of.

Their capitol's main export is grain, because it's just outside of the destructive cold engulfing so much of their kingdom, which isn't a profitable export because most other nations can grow it easily themselves. They are most commonly at war with the Nords, which are the only wars that have an adverse effect on them at first. So it seems they have difficulty making money through war, and through marketing.

Well, guys, if you know any one that would be interested in the roleplay, please alert them. We can start at any time though, since the npc's will have you struggling and excited constantly.

And people can join as we go.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Indeed, I ended up buying and downloading the game >.> and picked Vaegirs to play in. Difficult to start, and the Nords, though looking the coolest (Swadia has cooler cav though), are rather easy to beat in a fight. 400 of them came to stop my army of 98, and while I was forced to retreat they lost 140ish men, while I only lost 27. Brutal.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Sarranid Mamlukes are how I get my success in the game, since I took Dhirim to make my own nation and now my Swadian men leave after killing great deals of other Swadians. So I go get a bunch of Sarranid Recruits, Mamlukes are badass, only cavalry that can challenge Swadian Knights.

Are you enjoying the game? :D

And Roku, I need to know how many men you have(20-50 at first) and what they're equipped with.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:46 pm

I adore sword sisters, they are hellishly tough.

Its addictingly fun, and I have gotten quite good at it save for archery, but bows are for pansies anyways. Pissed me off though, take this castle... fought tooth and nail, sacrificed a lot men for it... and then the king decides to make it his >.> gah, that made me so mad. I wanted it as it was right next to my little village.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:51 pm

Betray his ass and take it for yourself, get to name your own kingdom, can grant your companions fiefs. I like to make the commoner companions like Borcha Lords just to piss all the nobility off. :P

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Save that he can move 300 men at a time, and at the moment I can only move 98. Patience is called for. Until I can get more men, I am not going to risk it as I know only two other Boyars would join me as one likes me cause we are close allies, and the other because I married his sister.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:25 pm

The key is strategy, can do anything with strong men and even stronger strategy.

And don't bank on other vassals taking up your banner easily. You have to kick their asses a bit to get your renown to like 2,000 before they'll start joining you.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:36 pm

I can make those two follow me whenever. I have already done it a few times, do the whole "I have a plan" thing, and those two will follow me to where I go. With boyar Meriga I have like 43 affection with, so he backs me up no matter what.

Outnumbered 3 to 1 is bad. Anyone who willingly walks into that is not being strategic just stupid. If you can avoid a such a fight. Then do so. Patience is the virtue when it comes to launching a revolution. Wait for the right time. The right situation will present itself. Jumping and attacking him because he took a castle I wanted when he not only outnumbers me, but has numerous lords he can call upon who surround my land who all have roughly the same men as me is just... well, stupid.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Not at all. You openly declare war, holding a seige is practically the easiest thing in the game, I've done it with 100 men against a thousand, it's about strategy in who you choose for what situation, in what terrain, the formations and groupings. With 20 mamlukes or knights in a battle at one time, you can destroy waves of enemies. (Rhodoks make this a lot harder).

The more difficult your battles, the more renown you get. Whether they'll follow you is one thing while you're on their side. By breaking off and pursuing your goals, they lose everything, their fiefs, and perhaps their livelihood. I once started the rebellion with Arwa the Pearled One, and Emir Quryas had had 85 devotion to me and the man wouldn't take up my cause until I had defeated the Sarranid amassed forces three times and had 2,000 and something renown. They have to see that you could actually do it, before following.

If you face Khergits, get them where you know the battle terrain will be mountainous and set up archers at the very top of the steepest climb you can find, put your infantry on the climb, and they're sitting ducks as the infantry kill them as the horses get stuck trying to move up. The patience should be in the thinking, not the acting.

And if they're raiding a village, the villagers are on your side and they can't use cavalry. So the best time to attack a great deal of opponents is at a siege gang banging the ladder or siege ramp, or dividing their forces and destroying them in a village.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TraitorsHand on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Charging into a thick fight of attrition and coming out on top is not good. It is better to wait for a clean, decisive strike. I have only been playing for a day, yet I have the second most powerful army in the kingdom, and it is because I planned my moves so that I would not get stuck in a situation where it was 1000 against 100. 400 against my 98 was because I was holding the line as next target would have been my village. It was a calculated move, not just one because 'I felt like it' or because I 'thought my strategy would work'.

Again. Simple fact. Purposely picking a fight that would have you outnumbered is stupid. There is no point in doing that if you learned a little patience. A well-aimed thrust kills more.

Just because you can overcome stupid mistakes in being outnumbered, does not mean that should be the policy.

TraitorsHand
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Not at all, but as the Sarranid Sultanate I was tired of losing Shariz five times while Sultan Hakim dragged the army to feast after feast. I've been playing 2 years and realize that the quick and decisive strikes are the ones that take out the enemy for grueling amounts of time, for them to replenish their forces. The sad facts of things is if you stand by and wait, your villages are screwed. What you don't seem to realize is that the enemy is CONSTANTLY amassed and threatening to loot and or siege a town or castle.

I think I've only been in 3 battles where my amassed parties met the amassed parties of another. Most people LET the enemy get away with taking a town or castle because the Lords never seem to be called together at convenient times. Why wait? When every blow can be decisive with a victory. And to be stuck? No, the refusal to give up a fief is noble! Because it takes forever to build siege engines to get them back.

Anyways, we can agree to disagree and see how your tactics work in the roleplay.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!