Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty

Questions Area

a part of “Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty”, a fictional universe by VindicatedPurpose.

Nebula's Dawn Series Part II: The Arcturus System is the very fringe of colonized space, here rests many mysteries to be discovered, alongside many conflicts to be fought. [Paused]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Questions Area

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:53 pm

This is the Questions thread for the Nebula's Dawn: Lance of Liberty Story please feel free to ask your questions here for new members. They will be answered in the Discussion Area.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Re: Questions Area

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Hey, I hope I'm putting this in the right place, but I was wondering;

A. Would I need to read chapter one in order to join?

B. Would I be able to join and if so how would be the best way to enter? Since I won't lie the first chapter of this seemed awesome however I joined RPG far to late and coming in so late into a Roleplay seemed like it'd be nigh on impossible and really stupid. Haha
Million to one chances, crop up nine times out of ten.

The thing about stories is that you have to pick the ones that last.

If all the world's a stage, then the techies must be gods!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Sorry for getting back so late...on this, TurtleSoup

But in regards to A, no you won't need to. I built this Chapter to work independently of chapter I, yet each of them together makes the whole puzzle better.

B. There isn't exactly a best way to enter. I intended Chapter 2 to be a bit more of an open world so that people could be practically anything that their imagination allowed given the parameters of the story. Whether you are a scientist, a mercenary, a corporate assassin, an engineer, an A.I., a soldier, it doesn't matter. It's all character driven, so once you have your character, we can discuss possible introductions.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Could you approve Courtney already Vind :P.
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Rulke
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OrphicTrumpeter on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:53 pm

I'd like to adopt A.D.A.M., but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to ask about it first, though. xD So, is it alright if I adopt A.D.A.M.?

OrphicTrumpeter
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Alright, let's change the subject a bit. Firstly, we're going to start the Salient's funeral scene soon. So what is everyone's opinion on how the ceremony should go down? I originally thought of metallic caskets being ejected into space, either that or fallen warriors' bodies get cremated and the ashes scattered in space. With everyone lined up in their units saluting as they play the sad music and etc. Or should everyone be at different areas, and the viewing screens throughout the ship just instantly jump to the funeral?

Secondly, how does everyone think about our pace so far? Are we going too fast? Or too slow? I need people's opinions on this.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Well I am back, I should be doing other things RL at the moment but i can't be bothered and i find that the only way to get myself into a writing mood is to write something i like first.

We must remember that many who died especially among the pilots have little to no remains for such a funeral service. Ray for example has nothing remaining of his body or gunship and many other pilots who where killed are probably in the same situation.

Some areas of the Salient may have been busted leaving little remains of their occupants while others may be burned out shells.

For roleplay experience i have an idea which i consider quite good, a bunk clean out.

Who cleans out the bunks of the dead? I think assigning the job to a janitor ruins a perfect opportunity for some drama to take hold and therefor one or two of the characters should do it.

For example Peter would have a fairly flamboyant quarters and anybody charged with cleaning it out would inevitably share at least a fraction of who Peter was. If that person is someone who had a connection with Peter no matter how brief these revelations may give that person a revelation of a person so different from the person he or she knew.

It should not be difficult for someone to enter Peter's computer and his logs are quite depressing.

What i am saying is that there is more to the funeral then the funeral itself. I think there should be a send of the dead into space (symbolic in Peter's case) but maybe the names of the dead could be added to a memorial wall inside the Salient as a more enduring legacy.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!