Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

In Darkness I Have Walked

a part of “In Darkness I Have Walked”, a fictional universe by Azmodai2.

Set in the near future, the world is in a constant state of regional conflicts, private wars and digital combat. Technology ethics and laws are the dominant word on every news feed as the ISI attempts to control a rapidly expanding technological frontier.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “In Darkness I Have Walked”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:25 pm

"In Darkness I Have Walked"

That's the RP link.

Rules, since they won't post elsewhere.

I expect both grammatically correct and well-written posts. I'm old-school so pardon me for it. This RP is actually based on an RP I started a very long time ago with some other old members here and feel free to reference it for ideas. The link is that the top. Other rules? The usual, no god-modding, co-opting etc. Be polite, work out killing off a major character with the person that introduced that character, don't go willy-nilly with the story line.

No superpowers. Make sure your characters are relevant, a Buddhist monk living in the mountains his whole life would be hard pressed to fit into this story. Be at least mostly realistic with your characters martial ability. A career hacker doesn't know how to bullseye a fly with a handgun. You can play ISI, foreign intelligence, Deus Ferrum or any other group/individual that may be relevant, but make sure its a workable idea. Try not to clash with other writers on a story level, obviously Deus Ferrum and ISI characters won't get along, but you can still get the story to flow cooperatively.

If you want to read the story so far please refer to: darkness-have-walked-t32500.html

I require character submissions.

This RP will be a CONTINUATION, not restart of that story, my intro post will help flesh out some ideas.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Azmodai2
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: In Darkness I Have Walked

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:32 pm

Thank you for accepting Kaelyn. I am very intrigued to see where this goes.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:28 pm

I know you said it was going to take time to get it up and going was just checking in to make sure things are going well and to wish you a happy new year!

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Hey sorry for the delay, i'm writing the intro post as i post this. School got nuts.

Azmodai2
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:20 pm

Okay, no problem :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:11 am

First post is up, sorry again for the delay, and it's a bit short for an intro post I know but I wanted to get something out there.

Azmodai2
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:01 pm

It is just fine for an intro post. I have to figure out the best way to introduce Kay and what she might be doing...going to do another read of the original thread (been a bit now) and your intro again and try and work out an idea.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Sounds good, also I've tried to develop the tones a bit more, that older thread seemed a bit too... high fantasy-esque to me, so the characters will be a bit darker this time around.

Azmodai2
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:36 pm

I am good with darker. I come from a strong Cyberpunk 2020 background.

I just want to find the one thing that she has sort of come across or learned, something that gets her involved in the world events. Right now she'd be doing her thing for Patrice. She had no reason to poke her nose into anything but she also uses the online community for her "social". She'd hear things come across things, hack things just because she could....the question is what did she find. :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm

So posted. I didn't have her find anything yet, no hard poking at anything in particular. Just an intro. Hope that is okay.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Good for me, Edge, an original contributor will be rejoining us I believe. I'm working on my second post to create some more entrance points and the start moving the story along a bit.

Azmodai2
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Very cool. I look forward to it :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Should I be trying for a second post or waiting for the new player and letting them intro first? Won't be posting right now anyway but wondering for tonight.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:56 pm

You can wait till Edge posts if ya want, i'll get an ETA from him.

Azmodai2
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:58 pm

Okay. No rush, I was just curious what you would like. I am happy to wait. :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 pm

I am hoping to have my post done and up tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:47 am

No worries gal, we're not the rushing type. I'll reply within a couple days of your post, I'm formulating some ideas about where to move the story.

Azmodai2
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:34 am

Okay thank you, taking me a bit more to do than I thought and thus ending up longer than I expected. I am going with my plan to have Kae hack something she shouldn't and get herself on the radar a bit.

I look forward to your plans :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Regretfully, I will be delayed a little longer. Two family members died yesterday. One on each side of my family, both battling cancer and both lost their fight early yesterday.

I will try and have it up on Monday. Very sorry.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:54 am

I'm so sorry to hear that, my condolences and I totally understand if you need some time.

Azmodai2
Member for 17 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!