Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Lord of the Rings: The Song Unsung

a part of “Lord of the Rings: The Song Unsung”, a fictional universe by Raidose.

Many heroes have been told of during the great War of the Ring, but now let us tell the tale of those whom have received no such praise.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Lord of the Rings: The Song Unsung”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Ah, and so it begins! A tale of valor and....... uhhh...... some.... such stuff like that. Oh, just go kill something!
Last edited by Raidose on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Lord of the Rings: The Song Unsung

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow44499 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:30 pm

May I have a Gondorian Captain/War-Master build reserved, please...
Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shadow44499
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Hey, uh how are we supposed to carry the three elven rings if galdriel already has hers?
Once more, with rhythm!

PulseTrick
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:31 pm

But of course. Though there is something I should have mentioned. The Great Eagle, I would like it if someone else played him. Interested?

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmaric_Angel on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:32 pm

"What's taters, Precious?"

Hello I have a question:
May I be a OC like for example I'd like to be Legolas's idk sister...i kinda wanna be him but as a female. ^^'
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nightmaric_Angel
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anastasia's Arrow on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:39 pm

I'm assuming orcs are not a viable option for the party members? If they are, I would love to reserve one, but since I'm not sure about that I would like to reserve a banished, formerly murderous Rider of Rohan who has an anger-management problem. :3

Anastasia's Arrow
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:50 pm

@Pulse: That would be the shift in Cannon. For the purposes of the story, the Elves have consented and given us the rings for the purpose of diverting The Eye.

@Nightmaric_Angel: Absolutely, I see no issue with that. Go nuts. Uhhh..... I mean, no nuts? XD

@Anastasia's Arrow: Orcs are actually viable, but your probably not going to be liked. Then again, I'm making an ancient Oath-Bound Gondorian Shade, so who am I to talk? Just specify between Mordor Orcs or Tribal Orcs, and hopefully something that makes you definable from the other cannon fodder. This is going to be more interesting than I thought.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:55 pm

I also have a question.

I had created a character for a LOTR RP that never took off and I wanted to use her here. You mention in the rules that you didn't want Anime images. Did you mean anything drawn or just no Japanese Anime images? The character images that I have for my character are drawn quite realistically.

The character is Elven and Maiar in race, she is the protector of Mirkwood, known as the witch of the black forest. I'll copy a link to the current CS I have for her if you don't mind taking a glance at it just to see if she is acceptable.

CS Link: roleplay/lord-of-the-rings-the-passing-of-an-age/characters/nienna-elensar-witch-of-the-black-forest

masato22
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Anastasia's Arrow on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Hrmmmmm, if it's alright, I think I'm going to stick with the Rider- Simply because I want to remain as true to the books as possible and all of my orc ideas at the moment involve things that would be untrue to the trilogy. :P Thank you for allowing me to do so, though! :D

Anastasia's Arrow
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:08 pm

This looks AWESOME! I will be making a OC i was wondering if there are reservations but I didn't see any character slots.
"Oh, there's some bubble wrap over there not being used? I'll just leave it alone."-Said: No one, EVER.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:19 pm

@masato: The images are fine, it's the maiar and elf bit. I'm farely sure Maiar can't breed, let alone crossbreed. Now, I can see an elf with the blessing of a maiar to cast true magic, but a maiar of Mirkwood could have giant trees forming out of nowhere with a thought. Little much. That, and there can only be four maiar at one time. Gandalf, Saruman, and the twins. Now, as I siad I'm fine with warping it around so your elf has there blessing and can cast magic without incantations or rune writing, but I can't rightly grant you the power to MAKE an army of Ents. As much as Ents are awesome.

@Anastasia's Arrow: Eh, as I just showed I am open to changing little tid bits. Still, I look forward to your Rider of Rohan!

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:26 pm

@Phoenix: There are no slots. Just reserve the archtype you plan on making, like I posted in the rules.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IAmAlien on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:28 pm

May I make an OC Argonian (lizard-person) raced person?? (If I recall, there is no Lizard-person race that inhabits Middle-Earth, but this way it not only makes my character original, but it also insures there will not be another Argonian character)(If my memory fails me and there is an Argonian lizard-person race, then I take back what I had said in the last parenthesis)
"When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces." "The whole universe depends on everything fitting together just right. If one piece busts, even the smallest piece... the entire universe will get busted." "I see that I am a little piece of a big, big universe, and that makes it right." Beast of the Soulthern Wild

IAmAlien
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:32 pm

@IAmAlien: Uhhhh...... Yeah, sorry. I'd prefer to stick to races that are actually IN Middle Earth. So, yeah, no. Again, sorry.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IAmAlien on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:38 pm

It's okay, I didn't think that race was in Middle Earth anyways. I'll think of another race thats there.

IAmAlien
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:42 pm

I was thinking of someone likle bilbo, a human noble that has never weilded any weapon, or seen any battle, or anything. and now he's forced into an adventure. yes, that will be hilarious.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:47 pm

@Raidose: Great! an elf with the blessing of a maiar to cast true magic is what I shall do then. I shant have her summoning leagues of Ents or anything massive like that. Her history is tied in with the Mirkwood, I'll edit her CS so that it fits the format of you CS skeleton.

I'm more familiar with the LOTR movies than the books' continuity I hope that is alright. I've only read a small piece of the final book.

masato22
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:10 pm

@IAmAlien: Cool, just reserve the idea here when you piece it together.

@Phoenix: While the idea is interesting, please remember that these individuals were gathered by Gandalf for this goal. So someone with no usable skills would make everyone question exactly why Gandalf sought him out.

@masato: Awesome, and that's perfectly fine. The movies were a good point of reference, and you can ask if you don't understand anything. Shadow44499 is a walking wiki on all of this, so he's a pretty good bet as well. Actually, more so than me.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:12 pm

This sounds like a good roleplay.
However, I may not have the availible time to commit to this fully. I'll have to figure some things out.

Anyways, I was thinking of something along the lines of...an outcast elf, with more dwarven traits than those of his own race. Such as rather than using a bow, he uses an axe. Rather than being lithe and stealthy, he storms into batle. I would expand on this a bit more, of course, but I was wondering if something along those lines would be alright?
"But it was only a fantasy,
The wall was too high as you can see.
No matter how he tried he could not break free,
And the worms ate into his brain."

Thadine
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmaric_Angel on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:16 pm

I sent in my character. I hope she fits your needs. ^^'
and please feel free to tell me to edit her if need be.

Nightmaric_Angel
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!