Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvidSmoker on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:56 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AvidSmoker
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bandgeek on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:59 pm

May I take one of the females?
"She offered herself to the big, bad wolf and didn't scream when he took the first bite."
</3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bandgeek
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby scragglywayfarer on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:25 pm

I would like a male character, please. Not sure if I should ask here, or just apply for a character or what... so thought I'd start here.

scragglywayfarer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonamiCode on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:30 pm

I'd like to reserve a female. This looks really cool.

"It's no game.
It's a sport.
Games are for people who don't care enough.
In sports, you compete to win."

—Kazuma Ikezawa

KonamiCode
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gii_the_fallen on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:37 pm

I'd like to reserve the last female if it's possible ...

Gii_the_fallen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cordeaux on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:38 pm

I'll reserve a male and have him up soon (Forget that). Hey AvidSmoker what also happened to Outlawed? Just letting that one go?

Cordeaux
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvidSmoker on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:45 pm

@scragglywayfarer, KonamiCode, Gii_the_fallen- Yeah, I'll reserve the spots for you guys.

@bandgeek- When the profile skeleton says "I’m in love with" and "But ___ pretty much suck", it means your character's likes and dislikes. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anybody!

@Cordeaux- I'm waiting for the final male profile in that RP- the person who reserved it kinda bailed on us.

AvidSmoker
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cordeaux on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:47 pm

Actually in your absence all of the people in the RP came together and got another player wanting to join in, we are waiting on you to accept his character.

Cordeaux
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvidSmoker on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:50 pm

@Cordeaux- Oh. I didn't know that, actually. Thanks for telling me, I'll look over it right away.

AvidSmoker
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Can I reserve a sot for this game? One of the males obviously. If you please.
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:44 pm

I'll take one of those male spots. Are there caps on age and such?
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."

-Lloyd Alexander

Ion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvidSmoker on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:03 pm

@Ion- Not really, but maybe try to stick to late teens to early thirties, so the characters can maybe relate easier.

AvidSmoker
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Geekly on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:00 am

can i reserve a male? thaanks :)

Geekly
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:24 am

Could I reserve a male, please? This looks very interesting. :3
It's only after we've lost everything... That we're free to do anything - Fight club

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HadoukenLSD on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:37 am

Lol, I seriously hope you like my character. But man, he swears A LOT. O.O

HadoukenLSD
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonamiCode on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:32 pm

I hope Cole is alright, I had fun making her. c: I'm not sure if the picture is working or not, I think tinypic may be blocked on my school's network- if it isn't working then i'll fix it when I get home.

I love everyone else's characters so far, too excited to roleplay with you all. <3

KonamiCode
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvidSmoker on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:24 pm

I have a question for you guys:

I found this RP that did something called a "Character Relationship Chart", the explanation being this-

"It's not really as hard as it looks, I swear. What you do is give a synopsis of how your character feels about the other characters in the RP. After their name copy/pasta the symbol corresponding with your the relationship. Afterwards, give a quote in italics. Something that your character would say to them. Or something they'd say about them in an interview. Afterwards, give a brief summary of something your character would say when asked how they feel about the corresponding character."

And here's an example of how it is used-

character-relationships-t77174.html

(Though I don't expect explanations as long as the ones used...A paragraph on the small-ish side is good enough for me.)

I'd set up a topic in our little OOC section, and we could each fill out how our characters feel about each other based on their personalities, likes, and dislikes. This would, of course, be done after the remainder of the profiles were submitted, and after they've had a chance to become acquainted with one another. It's something I've wanted to try out for a while, but didn't think it would be fair to force you to, so I decided to consult you first.

So, what do you think?

AvidSmoker
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gii_the_fallen on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:34 pm

I think that it's a good idea :)

Gii_the_fallen
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KonamiCode on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:28 pm

I think that sounds great~ I'd jump at any chance to be able to flesh out my character some more. :D

KonamiCode
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvidSmoker on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:36 pm

@Konami + Gii- I'm glad you like the idea! So, that's 3/9 people who like the idea (I talked to Grace_Lynn about it, and she approved as well), and six who haven't expressed their feelings about it. I really hope the others will like the idea like you guys do!

AvidSmoker
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!