Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Shades of Penumbra

Shades of Penumbra OOC

a part of “Shades of Penumbra”, a fictional universe by TurtleSoup.

The word Vampire is known throughout the world from west to east, north to south but all our lives we've been told that it's just stories and legends. That's what they want you to think.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shades of Penumbra”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Shades of Penumbra OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:32 pm

For all your OOC needs, from plots too chin-wagging! =D
Last edited by TurtleSoup on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Million to one chances, crop up nine times out of ten.

The thing about stories is that you have to pick the ones that last.

If all the world's a stage, then the techies must be gods!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Shades of Penumbra

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Polarisbear12 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:07 pm

well that was quite interesting Turtle I think i'll make a charrie for this but im not quite sure:D
Bleach||A New Era
♀ Role Open
(10/25/16)
The Bear's Loft
CS's & future RP's

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Polarisbear12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toxicjinx on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:10 pm

The RP sounds sweet! c: I'll probably put a character up sometime soon! c:
The Brinking Point is looking for Players, right now! c:

Toxicjinx
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 pm

You are both more then welcome to join, I hadn't actually expected to have anyone interested at first. xD

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:42 am

I guess I'll give this a go. Mind if I go for an Orlok expy vampire?

Erik7622
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:15 am

Hey Turtlesoup, you can count me in!

masato22
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:56 am

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by Orlok expy vampire. Could you explain one to me?

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:42 am

I basically mean an expy of the character Graf Orlok, from the 1922 vampire film Nosferatu. He's got a very distinctive appearance in that film and the remake from 1979, and his characterization in those films is interesting.

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:05 am

Oh I see lol, sorry I totally misunderstood. I was going to stick with the newer media vampires. (Underworld, Blade(Ish)) If you get my drift?

I hope that's ok.

As a side note is the film any good? I've wondered about watching it for years but my other half is like massively against black and white films lol.

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years

Re: Shades of Penumbra OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Erik7622 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:26 am

Oh God, you're missing out. Both the original and the remake are terrific films. I should warn you that it's hard to find a version of the original that's good; many of them terrible film quality (after all it's 90-odd years old) and often with cruddy soundtracks. This version on YouTube probably has the best combination of good visuals (though not the best) and a good soundtrack (also not the best), and it has the original German names (some prints change the names to their equivalents in Dracula). The best version in my opinion is the Kino International double-disc, with flawless picture and a terrific orchestral soundtrack. But this is free.

The remake is less easy to find, but it's similar. The main differences are that it's in sound, in color, and uses the names from Dracula. I recommend the German version of that, as the actors act better in their native language.

Infodump/rant over. I'm a big fan of Nosferatu and early horror cinema.

Might I be permitted to make him a villainous character? Or should I stick with a sympathetic character?

EDIT: Alternatively I might go with a version based off one of the other Dracula films. So many options...

Erik7622
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toxicjinx on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi! c: Sorry it is taking me so long to produce a character. I was wondering, how do the vampires eat? I know a majority of the time they drain the human, but I know some new-er vampire lore has them drinking till the victim falls unconscious or in the fairy-princess-Edward's case not drinking human blood at all. I was just wondering how the RP plans on doing it c:

Toxicjinx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KameJLa on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Squee Squee~ Count me in Turtle~ I will do a CS and submit in a few days when I'm not on a phone~! ^^
Have fun, Don't get lost, Don't fall in. Three essential rules of life - KameJLa

KameJLa
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:07 am

I've submitted all three CS' I'm going to keep it at that Turtlesoup, I swear! LOL

masato22
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:48 pm

Sorry for my late replies, with RPG being down yesterday and with being busy for the past three days too it's not been playing my way lol.

Erik; You can make him as evil as you want. Your characters are pretty free to be however they want. Just so long as they fit the physical ideals.

I will also have to watch it at some point. =]

Toxic; They can drink till their victims are unconscious if they wish though really it doesn't matter whether they're killed in the process. I also think it only makes sense for them to drink human blood. So the Twilight styles are out. Btw, love the Princess Edward thing! xD

Take your time there's no hurry, things won't start properly till there's around six characters anyway. =]

Kamel; Can't wait to see what you do! =D

Mas; I shall read them and answer =D

StormsMayCome; Sorry but it has to be one or the other for vampires, I hope that's not too much of a problem and that it doesn't change your opinion of the group. =]

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Well I think we have enough characters now, so shall we begin? =]

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toxicjinx on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:47 pm

I'm game! :D

Toxicjinx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:14 pm

I just posted for Malice in the bar if you'd wish to join her there?

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:11 am

oh great we're starting! I'll post sometime later today! I need to sleep now.

masato22
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Toxicjinx on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:25 pm

I'm so sorry! I really underestimated how busy the next couple weeks of school are going to be. I'm going to have to drop out. I'm sorry!

Toxicjinx
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TurtleSoup on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:06 pm

I totally understand, school takes priority. Though you are always welcome to return should you wish to. =]

TurtleSoup
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!