Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greenfield Academy

Plot ideas

a part of “Greenfield Academy”, a fictional universe by AdmireAtStuff.

What happens when a supernatural academy is endangered by dark forces? (Full)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Greenfield Academy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Plot ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:57 am

While waiting for the beginning, everyone will have the opportunity to suggest plot ideas in this topic!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Plot ideas

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LightANDDark on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:40 pm

I can't wait for this to start, it seems like so much fun! As for plot ideas, mine is kinda of observation/idea. I was thinking since Dylan, Tayna, and Adderyn all had similar powers, they could have some sort of thing going on. Like creating illusions while inside one, illusion-ception! Just my idea :P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LightANDDark
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IEatChildren on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Illusion-ception. I just died XD

IEatChildren
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby angelwolf123 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:10 pm

Okay, playing one of the "bad-guys" here, I have a few ideas about this evil Lord person. How about he's made out of human corruption? And how about the school itself is corrupted (like all of the staff besides the ones that are characters) and they somehow created him (whether on purpose or not). Now he wants to take revenge for creating him (he hates his existence) and destroy the school. But to do that, he needs more power. So he sends these "shadow-creatures" to the school in order to bring down the students into corruption as well. These creatures don't attack anyone; they just possess things. Like a classroom, making everyone in that class angry and more prone to cruelty, or a person who usually go on to stir up trouble elsewhere, or maybe a notebook that everyone passes around and writes their wishes in (having the wishes be granted in the worst ways possible). They'll put up a fight if you try to dislodge them, however.

And so it seems like the good guys are winning for a while, but for some reason more and more students are acting crazy and possessed, and there doesn't seem to be any shadow creature nearby. But ti turns out that the problem was too big for them to notice; the entire school building was possessed the whole time, building up in strength while they were being distracted by the false threat. The shadow-creature possessing the school can be Dark, or it can be something else. But in any case, it's too late to do anything about it, and the Lord comes to take revenge on the corrupted school staff. He kills them, and since they're dead, the corruption sustaining him is gone so the Lord dies too. With the Lord dead, the shadow-creatures he created die as well and the school is set free.

Or something like that.
girls dont get hiccups... they get she-cups.

angelwolf123
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Person of Interest Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheShadow on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:31 pm

That actually sounds like a really good story. I would read the shit out of that. But, since you may have just told us the entire roleplay, i'm actually hoping it's not exactly that. I agree with the whole Dark lord collecting corruptness, but why destroy something that empowers him. Personally, I think he should be attacking the school because it is what could prove the biggest threat against his march to conquer the Earth, so he attacks it first.

TheShadow
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moon watcher on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:43 pm

A shadow (or dark spirit) in the form of a dark man appears to one of the main characters, I was thinking one of the younger ones. When he appears things move, the room shakes, Dishes crash to the floor. On the wall the word appears, something ominous or some type of warning. The characters one by one begin to see the dark man and are one way or another affected by him, either mentally or physically. Soon after more and more of the other students are being affected by this spirit, but mostly centered around are characters. now they must find a way to put an end to it all and save the other students of the school.

just a quick idea that's all.
"You can be the moon and still be jealous of the stars."

Moon watcher
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:44 pm

The idea seems interesting and original! It sounds like a great plot twist.

So, probably around half of the staff would be corrupted. We'll work out on the actual reason for creating this Lord later.

I agree on the shadows not attacking at first and all these things happen to the students would be interesting too. However, I'm not still sure about the death of the staff. Also, I would like the school to have shadows that would attack the students, so they can defend themselves. You know - the epic battles and stuff. :)

We'll sort it out too, we're going to sort it out pretty soon, because.... Are you ready? ARE YOU READY? ARE YOU READY FOR THE BEGINNING OF "GREENFIELD ACADEMY"? Let's begin! I'm not going to be the first one to post, once you read this, you may start posting! Still, remember! Don't make a whole novel in the very beginning! Wait for everyone else once you've posted!

Starlight77 said he\she would be able to post a character by Sunday, he\she said he\she could catch up!

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:09 pm

So, here's the deal with the Dark Lord so far:

I'll take angelwolf123's idea about that he's created by corrupted staff. They thought they would be powerful by creating him, but things got terribly wrong. However, in case they die, the Lord won't die, because he has gathered enough power to stop being dependent on his creators. And not many people from the school's staff will be corrupted.

The Shadow gave a great idea about attacking the school being the first step for taking over the world. However, he would rather use it as a tool than an obstacle. He would invade a supernatural school, which would give him even more power, which can help him take over he world.

I like Moon watcher's idea about a shadow messing up with the little kids' minds. Actually, many shadows might start doing the same.

The biggest goal of the Lord (besides the world) is taking over the academy. Trough the story, he'll be finding different ways to take steps leading to his desire. Dark will be the one of the major tools. (That doesn't mean that he can't do whatever he wants, so angelwolf123 can control him the way she wants. Dark might not obey everything the Lord orders) At first nobody would know anything about this, even the corrupted teachers would for some reason think that the Lord wouldn't be dangerous for now. There will be different kind of shadows. We have Dark, who is trying to befriend the people. We have the shadows who mess up with everyone mentally. There will also be shadows that would even start attacking(They'll come further in the story). You can think of many things that the shadows would do.

In the mean time the main characters are bonding with each other, while improving their powers, balancing between homework\teaching, social life and eventually the Dark Lord issue. That's the basis of the roleplay, the rest will be written by all of us. Feel free to give ideas in the OOC. From time to time I'll give all of you permission to take control over the Lord and most of the shadows (Not Dark. He belongs to angelwolf123, unless she gives the permission) so you can bring your ideas into the story faster. Remember, the ideas aren't only about the Lord issue.

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!