Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

We Are Refuge

We Are Refuge

a part of “We Are Refuge”, a fictional universe by Nephthys.

Tomorrow was never a promise. How far would you go to see the sunrise again?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “We Are Refuge”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

We Are Refuge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephthys on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:38 pm

Welcome to We Are Refuge! This is just a general OOC. More specific OOCs can be requested here, or they can be found under our OOC tab :)
Last edited by Nephthys on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nephthys
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Re: We Are Refuge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naught on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:41 pm

I'd love to try the maskmaker please? ^^
{| Royalty |}
ImageImage
~ NAUGHT ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Naught
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LightANDDark on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:45 pm

This seems like an interesting RP. Can I reserve the Queen of Hearts, pretty please?

LightANDDark
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elidor495 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Can I reserve the winged man?

elidor495
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kami_no_Ko on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Awww everyone's been reserved... T-T This seemed so interesting too. Good luck :)
Don't walk in front of me,
I may not follow...

Don't walk behind me,
I may not lead...

Walk beside me
So we can go together.

Kami_no_Ko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:12 pm

are you accepting original characters? Or just those that have already been reserved by other?

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephthys on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Augh! You guys are quick! I was going to post more information on the abilities, but you guys got here first. They're not terribly complicated, but I do have some specifications (although I don't want to make you rewrite your whole profile. If you want to negotiate, just shoot me a PM!).

@Naught - Go ahead! Her overview: The Maskmaker can steal appearances with a touch. It's usually a painful process, stretching herself into new forms, and she can only mold herself into someone that a) exists and b) is within touching range. She has an extremely tough time controlling her ability, so when she touches people she'll often start to turn, causing a good deal of pain for both parties. For this reason, she probably wouldn't be the most... tactile of people. Beyond that, she's not too limited in who she can become: male, female, old, young, sick. She takes on the appearance of the people she touches, and over the course of around a day, give or take another depending on how different the person's features are from her own, she'll morph back elastically into her normal form.

@LightANDDark - Sure! The Queen of Hearts's ability to steal luck is pretty much self-explanatory. She can't create it— only steal it. What she chooses to do with it beyond that is up to you, as she can take it, attach it to others (although there has to be some sort of physical contact to do so), use it on herself, or even cause others harm by dousing them in terrible luck. It's a very broad but slightly indirect ability— lots of fun!

@elidor495 - Alright! All three filled. The winged man is the simplest and thus the most open of the three, so the source of his wings is up to you. Grafted or natural, my only requirement is that he's had the wings for as long as he can remember. He isn't able to hide them, so it can sometimes be a challenge to work with them in public settings. You can take the name any way you want.

I look forward to seeing all your characters! And don't hesitate to PM me if you need to talk about/negotiate things with your character.

~Nephthys

EDIT: Since there's now more than one person wanting to join still, those of you wanting to join should send me a message, and we can work together to get you in, depending on what you want to do with your characters. I do want to keep it small, since that's a lot easier to focus a plot around, but talk to me and we'll tentatively get something going.

Nephthys
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TommyGirl on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:40 am

Can y'all accept one more character? Pretty please?

If not I understand and my feelings won't be hurt.
Going for pure and noble but sassy always wins out.
Life is too short to waste it being ladylike.
Fantastic! Sonic screwdrivers are cool.

TommyGirl
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephthys on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:34 pm

@TommyGirl - Why don't you PM me so we can hammer out the details? I might be able to fit you in somewhere :)

Nephthys
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby HalliwellSlytherin on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:30 am

Almost done with mine... history is kinda long which is mainly why i'm taking my time.

Submitted bitches! (sorry got Tiny Tina in my head)

HalliwellSlytherin
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kami_no_Ko on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi! Will we be starting soon?

Kami_no_Ko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephthys on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:05 am

Yup! Should have the intro up today or tomorrow.

Nephthys
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephthys on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:01 pm

@LightANDDark: Could you copy your post and put it in San Francisco? I'd like to keep everything organized by city, as we're going do do quite a bit of globe-trotting once we get started :) Thanks~

@Everyone: Please move your posts to San Francisco (that sounds kinda funny...). Sorry I didn't tell you before. :p

Nephthys
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LightANDDark on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:39 pm

@Nephthys: Are you going to create a CS for Elsie, or will she be like NPC?

LightANDDark
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephthys on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:03 pm

(What. RPGateway isn't letting me post :( anyway, here's an abbreviated version of the post I wrote, like, three times)

@LightANDDark: Yes to both. She's not an actual PC, as she'll never have her own posts, but she's planned to be a very prominent plot character, so I'll be making her an abbreviated sheet, anyway. I have to find pictures, first, and I'm a lazy bum, too.

Nephthys
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kami_no_Ko on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:24 pm

Sorry for the little wait. I've been kind of sick, and when I'm sick, I'm not allowed on the computer cause my dad thinks it will make me worse... But I posted :)

Kami_no_Ko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LightANDDark on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:49 pm

@Kami: Oh, I am so sorry. I hope you feel better.

@Nephthys: It's no problem, I'm know I can wait.

LightANDDark
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kami_no_Ko on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:53 pm

I'm all better thanks! My dad has a habit of blowing things out of proportion.

Kami_no_Ko
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naught on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:49 pm

I am having surgery in two days and I must prep for it, so I won't be here for maybe a little bit. :[ It depends on how fast I heal! But, I'm going to check in here a few days after I had surgery so, I won't be the one keeping anyone on hold ^^

Naught
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nephthys on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:05 pm

No problem! Kami and I have both already gone, so all we're still waiting on is for LightANDDark to post, anyways, aside from you. That should keep us going, and we're obviously pretty relaxed here, anyways :P

Also, I'm going to be putting up a new OOC thread in a bit, so watch out for that. That said, a bit may be awhile... XP

Nephthys
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!