Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hang Them High

Hang Them High

a part of “Hang Them High”, a fictional universe by Saint Crash.

Following a mostly successful government-backed plan to wipe out the undesirables threatening to reveal the true state of the world, a second and united front is rising to the fore...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hang Them High”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Hang Them High

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Crash on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Hang Them High"

WE WAITED TOGETHER FOR THE COWARDS TO COME
OUTGUNNED AND OUTNUMBERED, BUT WE WOULDN'T RUN
NO MERCY, NO QUARTER
THEY'LL PAY FOR THEIR SINS
NOW LOWER THE CANNONS, THE BATTLE BEGINS...

H A N G ' E M H I G H

chapter one of a literate role play

created by saint crash

currently accepting profiles

loosely inspired by

dystopian fiction
conspiracy theories
&
'hang 'em high' by dropkick murphys
'devil's night' and 'infamous' by motionless in white
the album 'three cheers for sweet revenge'
by my chemical romance

BUT DON'T STOP IF I FALL
AND DON'T LOOK BACK
OH BABY, DON'T STOP
BURY ME AND FADE TO BLACK...

Welcome to the year 2100. In the twenty-second century, we now live in a world of clean, green energy, sustainable living and good, wholesome food for all. Planet Earth has entered an era of true international peace and prosperity between all nations; war and famine are long forgotten things of the past. The rights of the person are held in the highest esteem by each person in our blessed nations, and as a result, a strong sense of acceptance, community and national pride has once again become the cement that holds us together as one.

Or so they like to say. The truth is that the social divide between the wealthy and the elite and the poorer working classes only increased during the long years of global recession, the complete collapse of the euro, and the merging of the European Union into one superpower. The middle classes suffered the most, and eventually the divide between the rich and the poor stretched to the point where they almost forgot we even existed. To them, when war was over and profit once again at the front of peoples minds, the bad times were over. We were excluded, ignored and cut out from society and treated like criminals and animals, because in their minds, that was who we were are. Our homes, our neighborhoods quickly became the dumping grounds of everything unsavory, or who this new 'Golden Age' simply did not want.
While those pretty, perfect people celebrated peace and love amongst themselves, war broke out in our communities for many, many years. Eventually we cut ourselves off from our brethren in other nations, settling our own domestic disputes in this so-called 'land of the free'.
Eventually things came to a halt; two main 'gangs' came out on top, each ruling over their territories with an iron fist. The four were the 'Sinners', also known as the the 'Angels' and the 'Wildcards' better known as 'Jokers'. Each of these had their own territories and factions penetrating deep even into the picture perfect front of society. Things were turbulant at times, but for the most part, the one rule was easy to follow. Keep to yourself; don't stir up anything you can't handle. Things erupted about five years ago, when the Angel's militant wing, the Choir, appeared to attack the leader of the Jokers, brutally raping her, cutting her tongue out, and making sure she stayed alive just long enough for the message to be made clear. By the time we realized it was a set-up, and the Angels were innocent, more than 70% of all members were dead. Quick, effective population control tactics by the government, and we couldn't prove a thing.

Instead of crumbling like they hoped, we built our own little society up, patching over our own cracks and ignoring what we had to in order to get by. We have struggled to survive, with limited water and food supplies, reminder of the gang wars and random attacks and executions by the police force. Over the years, we have adapted and evolved our own society, with a little 'help' from Society technology of course. We have started to build up our own militia to help fight back against Society. We are almost ready to start fighting back against the fairytale and show the princess what the world is really like.

It is our goal to;
  • Defend ourselves, families and friends from attack by corrupt members of the police and armed forces.
  • Infiltrate the more affluent areas and halls of power
  • Survive in an environment where violence and crime are part of daily life, and where essential supplies may be in short supply.

I WAS THE LAST CHOICE, NO VOICE, REGULAR KID
JUST LIVING OUT EACH DAY AND LAYING LOW ON THE GRID
BUT I LOOKED AT MYSELF, AND SAW I WANTED MORE
SO I ASSEMBLED MY TROOPS AND STOOD UP TO THE WORLD

Last edited by Saint Crash on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saint Crash
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Hang Them High

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby anything14 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:42 pm

May I joinXD?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

anything14
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Crash on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:17 pm

If you submit a character that's acceptable, sure thing. :}

Saint Crash
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:15 pm

I'd join. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Crash on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Ugh, sorry guys. Fresher's fortnight, then Fresher's Flu, then I have no wi-fi in my apartment, so I can only use my laptop in my bedroom, at a time when I have to be sociable.

I've still got a little bit of tweaking to do, and I'll scout around for some potential recruits, and then I'll actually get myself together. :]

Also great to see you again almostinsane! :x

Saint Crash
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Crash on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Saint Crash
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!