Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

To Find the Light

To Find the Light

a part of “To Find the Light”, a fictional universe by Redred33mer.

Set in a fantasy, post-apocalyptic world, the last of those who seek order in society must decide their paths unto the light.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “To Find the Light”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

To Find the Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:21 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "To Find the Light"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: To Find the Light

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:36 pm

I'm usually not into sandbox-y RP's, but I think you've given us just enough boundaries to tantalize me! I ESPECIALLY appreciate your open-endedness with the character sheet- too often I'm plagued by having to do too much with them. Kudos! :)

Oh, and leedle leedle leedle lee!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eskay
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Glad to see you're interested! And I know it's sandboxy, but don't think I won't contribute to lore and such either!

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xavirne on Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:36 am

I love how open this is! It'll be a ton of fun seeing what people bring into this story and what we all take away. Can't wait for this to start!

leedle leedle leedle lee
Crushing roleplay hopes and dreams since 1989.
WARNING: Likely to "poof" like a ninja.
Yes, I'm a bitch. Get over it. B|

Xavirne
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Will Finish Azel tomorrow afternoon- gotta hit the hay this evening! How soon can we get started??

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:16 am

Hey, this looks very interesting! Just wanted to know if there's going to be a requirement for player skill / writing level? Will players of any level be permitted, or will this only be literate writers?

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aftershock on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:18 am

Also, leedle leedle leedle lee

Aftershock
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:43 am

I am going to say this, as far as skill level goes. I'm going to be writing a first post, and I consider myself to be a literate person. I also consider myself to be able to write fairly concisely. With that said, in comparison with the first post I'm going to write (and you can look at my other RP's, I'm not the extravagant constant 1000+ words person), don't join unless you think you are above or around that skill level. And I get that mistakes happen, I try to be as forgiving as I can.

However, if I can help it, I'm not going to turn anyone away. It's a complicated answer for a simple question, I know. Honestly, for the people involved so far, I wouldn't worry about it.

Now to go add dat literate tag...

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby missmacabre on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:46 am

This RP looks amazing! I would like to get involved in this. I'll start work on a new character. :D

leedle leedle leedle lee

missmacabre
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Azel is done, and I am ready to begin :p

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:26 pm

First... Does Azel have a nose? xD

Second, for everyone, in the spirit of world building, storytelling, roleplaying, and moderating my roleplay, I'd like if everyone reviewed their character's (or characters' if you so desire) profile(s) and make sure that it in some way matches up with the lore of the world. You don't have to stay with what is set, if you want to; you can add to the lore! But please, don't change what's already there.

First post is up!

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby missmacabre on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:16 pm

I fixed mine up some. :p Tell me if there's anything I need to change.

missmacabre
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:44 pm

I really like the setting so far, and will whip up a character or two soon enough. I did notice however that the lore does not yet have a magic system. I have a pre-written "universal magic" system that we can use, with your permission of course. You may feel free to add on, tailor it to the lore or even reject it as you see fit.

What do you think?

leedle leedle leedle lee

Odinson
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 pm

My idea with magic right now is that as we people think, "I'll make a mage character!" people will then have the opportunity to more thoroughly explain their type of magic in that section (and I'll obviously be able to moderate powers). If you do have an idea, I'd like to hear, PM me with it if you want.

Glad to see another one interested!

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Let me see if I interpret that correctly. You want a mage character to be made with the magic they use described in detail, then it may added to the lore? I can do that.

Granted, what I have written are entire power sets that shouldn't be all used for a single character to avoid being OP. If I wrote a mage character I would detail the magic schools it specifically used, would that mean I would then add them and the other schools into the lore?

I just want to be clear on that.

Odinson
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Really, you can add anything you want to the lore at any time (especially when it comes to legends and myths, refining existing lore, world biology, and technology). However, before you add to lore, I'd like to see the investment of one character (a WIP counts, as I will most likely suggest some edits regarding the use of lore). If you're working on a mage character, keep going. How I've done it with other characters is other people's characters have been submitted, then I suggest the addition of lore into their profile, and it happens. In this process, new lore is created if the player wishes to. It seems like you do, so as I'm reviewing your character, you'll probably be adding stuff to it.

It seems you personally, Odinson, have some grand ideas about magic. Now, I'd like all the help I can get in creating an entire original universe (when you get into the fine details of everything, I don't believe one person alone can do it, keep in mind I want to create a world everyone is comfortable with). I'd really like if you PMed me with your ideas. I could have gone through the traditional forms like pyromancing, aeromancing, necromancy, and all that, but I wanted to see if others had more innovative ideas.

In essence, lore will be added as we need for our characters and/or plots. This is an evolving project as we pursue this RP, so bear with me if there are blanks or discrepancies.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Odinson on Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:23 pm

Alright, thank you for the clarification. I think I will add a race in addition, just to give a little extra kick.

The magic system I devised was written some time ago, as either a reference or even an interchangeable system that could be used for and customized to several fantasy settings. I'll send to it you in a PM as you requested. Note that while it retains several classic "RPG magic" tropes, I'd like to think there are substantial deviations in the way characters interact with and use it.

On a related note you may be happy to know that world building is a forte of mine, and I'll be working to add more to this universe as we continue this venture.

Oh, and I've also always found this helpful.

http://donjon.bin.sh/

Odinson
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:38 pm

Just checking in, we all still here?

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby missmacabre on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:37 pm

I'm still here, just waiting on more characters. :p

missmacabre
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:40 pm

Yep, Haven't had time to make the minor tweaks yet :/

Eskay
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!