Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat โ€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Silhouette Institute

Plot Ideas / Character Relationships

a part of “The Silhouette Institute”, a fictional universe by AmyGotScared.

An institution on the middle of France, unknown to the rest of the world theses students are being trained to understand and use in their defense their "Special" Powers. (All old members welcome!) (GM'S: AmyGotScared & XShishiox)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Silhouette Institute”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Plot Ideas / Character Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AmyGotScared on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:16 pm

Hey guys! So I should be posting soon, as in a day or two, but while we wait, here you can come up with some plot ideas if you like, or character relationships and such~

If anyone has any ideas on a relationship you have with my character, Atheya, for example, ask It here ^^ I am open to anything~

Also, apologies in advance, I'm currently adding a bit more to my CS like quotes, so it might look a bit funny until I finish everything.
Where there is no imagination there is no horror. | Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

My honey I know, with the dawn that you will be gone, but tonight you belong to me
Patience and Prudence

http://www.peacefullyreckless.tumblr.com/

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AmyGotScared
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Plot Ideas / Character Relationships

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Hai! If anyone wants to come up with a relationship and background between their character and my character (Olive Flowe) PM me or catch me on chat. I love doing stuff like this so I'm available for this virtually any time. xD
Gir โ™ฅ

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Hmmm, so very tempting to take you ladies up on your offer.... Any thoughts as to whether our little rebel should be so open?

My personal opinion is it'd be pretty sweet, but I have a hard time seeing him not being found out.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:03 pm

When we do begin, will we have a non-academic first day for everyone to kinda do what they want and things like we did in the original Silhouette, or are we going to begin classes immediately? I'm fine either way, I'd just like to know.

Scott will pretty much have his own plot regarding Valor, which was a gift from inter-dimensional aliens called the Kishaxi. They encourage him to get stronger, and his whole story will be about that goal, honing techniques and defeating the enemies I thought up as he advances in rank. This will introduce Alan Arnan and Chiang Kaishu as allies of the Kishaxi, and they will train him in martial arts and weapons. Shortly after he becomes a Superlative, he will engage in a huge fight against the Grymwar, evil inter-dimensional aliens that hate the Kishaxi and want to destroy Scott and his world. This will unleash Scott's ultimate power and be an epic battle of the fates, though this battle will take place far away from Silhouette. After that, Scott will return to Silhouette and probably just hang around until graduation or take part in any big plots going on at the school.
"]Image

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:27 pm

I have a couple ideas, for plot and general relations relative to James. Hope to get some comments back! :D

Atheya (Amy): Atheya, being a superlative ranked student, might be approached to follow James when he does leave campus. He usually does it without permission, and says he goes off into the forest. However, there is no way of knowing for sure, from the faculty's perspective, and with rising security concerns, I wouldn't put it past them to do this. Whether he's assigned to be followed by Atheya, or they do this in secret, I'm not entirely sure. I guess it's whatever you may want.

Jon (Nekohina): Jon, while he is supposedly a rebel, seems to enjoy games and things more intellectual. James, as he is, does like to play a bit of chess. Perhaps they've played games with each other and are somewhat friendly, and moreover, detects abnormalities like the occasional cramp in his walk or particular energies around his body. While he doesn't care that he uses his power, James might find it funny that he tries to conceal it as he's used his powers before a bit violently, and little to nothing has happened to himself.

Olive (Miss_Dreamer): Olive might be turned off by James' persistent quietness or seriousness. Perhaps they don't talk much because of this?

Talk to me if you have ideas too! These are just the three easiest that came to my mind.
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:35 pm

Redred33mer wrote:
Olive (Miss_Dreamer): Olive might be turned off by James' persistent quietness or seriousness. Perhaps they don't talk much because of this?

To be quite honest, my Olive would try and get him to talk. Her playful nature and all that good jazz, would want everyone to be up and willing to speak to her whenever she arrives. So she would find great joy in attempting to talk to him or just making things awkward. But I don't know if he would just let her bother him or try and get rid of her. And all that good stuff.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyanSponge on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Hey, I just finished Katrina, had some problems with the power but hopefully it's all good now and she'll be accepted soon! I absolutely love talking about character relations so if anyone wants to hit me up with some ideas go right ahead!

CyanSponge
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Miss_Dreamer wrote:To be quite honest, my Olive would try and get him to talk. Her playful nature and all that good jazz, would want everyone to be up and willing to speak to her whenever she arrives. So she would find great joy in attempting to talk to him or just making things awkward. But I don't know if he would just let her bother him or try and get rid of her. And all that good stuff.

Well, if that's the case, it really depends on what she tried talking about. If she talked about his frequent lateness to class or lack of effort, or things relating to his past, he'd probably try to shake her off. If it was less personal talk, to some extent he might even fire back some jokes of his own. While he tries to keep closer details and motives undisclosed, he'd surely appreciate the company.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:51 pm

Well Red, I'm totally game in being chess buddies and rolling things essentially exactly how you put it.

@Amy: What say we make things bit interesting? Jon's electromagnetic disposition interferes with you getting in his head, but gives him a good and visible burst of static should you try. Feel free to have attempted that or try it live. It seems to me that'd create something weird for Atheya, a mind she can't read. That and you know I'm sure an alleged Magnetic user that interfere with telepathy targeted at them via static would come off as unusual/interesting in some form. Or not, I'm really just shooting for suggestions (while seeing something of a running mind game/gag potential).

@Dreamer: Gotta say, Olive is something hard to get a bead on. After all, given Jon's condition and if abilities are relatively available for discovery on campus she's the girl he most wants on his side. But at the same time, he doesn't mix with water when juicing so he can act normal...help me out here!

@Cyan:...I feel insulted that I can look at a good character like Katrina and think "suddenly, being the 'bad guy' got a bit harder". After all, surely there's room for something more than a person that makes Jon question his decision. You got anything better cause right now I'm shooting blanks.(doesn't help that I'm crunching this whole thing out while being sleep deprived and fresh from a test)

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:54 pm

I can see Lysander naturally being drawn to (not necessarily in a romantic way) the other quiet guys like Donovan and James. Because Lysander doesn't like to talk much he'd feel most comfortable around people that don't force him to do so. Also, while reading Atheya's abilities I found some that sort of connect to certain traits and abilities of Lysander's.

James: James and Lysander both have pretty subtle personalities. James was born in a conservative manner in his childhood while Lysander is very conservative in how he carries himself. Both don't really like to draw attention to themselves and tend to talk only when they need to. But what I think would really make Lysander and James a good duo is the fact that their powers, while both are related to the mind, are totally opposite. James's power is great for combat and makes him a very tough opponent in a fight. Lysander's power, on the other hand, physically incapacitates his body and makes him a very vulnerable target in a fight. If these two happen to be paired up for missions outside the school, I can see Lysander using his power to gain information that James requires in order to get an edge in a fight and James using his power and physical strength to make sure nothing happens to Lysander's body while Lysander travels in the spirit world.

Donovan: Lysander would be drawn to Donovan due to Donovan's reclusive personality. However, I can see their relationship posing some problems as Donovan likes talkative people because they do most of the talking and Lysander tends to only speak when it is required of him. Their conversations would probably result in long and awkward silences but perhaps they could make good friends as Lysander doesn't really mind the silence (he kind of likes it actually) and Donovan may happen to like it as well. One thing they could connect with is their dislike of electronic devices. While Lysander, unlike Donovan, can work with electronics, he prefers the antique over the modern and will often find himself drawn to objects that are connected to the past.

Atheya: While I'm not sure if Atheya and Lysander would foster a romantic relationship between each other, I can definitely see a connection through the following of Atheya's abilities: Access to memories of a person's past, telepathy, ability to walk through a person's dreams, and her ability to make a person see things that aren't there. These connections can be positive or negative for Lysander but they connect to Lysander's ability to see the past (mostly as hallucinations), secretive personality that keeps all of his deepest thoughts inside his head, the visions of the past he sees in his dreams, and the fact that even without Atheya's interference he sees hallucinations. Also, like her, he doesn't really like large groups of people and plays the piano.

Also, Flynn (currently) and Lysander (after a certain level of training) can animate the dead. There may be some connection there for them.

The others, like Olive, Jessie, Scott, etc., Lysander would still talk to but as of right now I don't see ways for them to connect (maybe they would be good foils for his character?). If you guys find any, that could make for some pretty interesting relationship and/or partnerships.
Last edited by Ansreth Maern on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Well, all of the quiet people can pretty much relax when it comes to Scott. He's going to be pretty solitary and fixated on training and becoming stronger, not being worried about social interaction. The description of him in the CS is true of him when he's not on important business like preparing for an alien invasion. Pretty much you have to approach him if you want anything to do with him, because he won't have anything to do with anybody unless he has to for a specific reason. He's very similar to another character I made, except that he can be really social and charismatic if he chooses to be.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Also, a major plot line for Lysander would involve him trying to find his brother, Edward (which is why he agreed to come to the Institute. That and even if he didn't agree, he wouldn't have been able to fight back :P). Maybe a sort of "brother hunt" arc could arise in the story where Atheya decides she wants to find her own brother again while Lysander tries to find his. I was starting to kind of imagine a road trip where Lysander slips in and out of the spirit world (meaning at times he would be incapacitated, probably in the back of the car) while Atheya tries to find her brother in the physical world. Just an idea, though. I'm open to expanding it/tweaking it/eliminating it. Whatever is most ideal.

And for interaction with Flynn's character, I was thinking there would be some point in Lysander's character development where he starts exploring his possession technique. I don't know if they Flynn would butt heads with him or encourage him to keep exploring that ability but I think it would be very interesting if Flynn was involved in this development of Lysander's character in any way.

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:30 pm

@True Grave (sorry, I didn't see your post until after I posted mine) I noticed that in your CS, Scott is mentioned as being very optimistic. I'm not sure how you feel about this, but I kind of thought that Lysander and him would end up having pretty funny banter between each other because of the fact Lysander is pretty pessimistic. Because Scott also appears to be great foil for Lysander as Scott's power is very physical while Lysander's is very spiritual.

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Yeah, Scott is optimistic. He never gives up or gives in, which makes him stronger and stronger as time goes on. If it works out that way, then it could be funny. Part of Scott's story at Silhouette is that people make fun of him for his power being so limited, calling him 'Tin Can Man' and other things. This makes Scott tend to see everyone as a possible enemy, and makes him focus that much harder on his training. As a New Blood, he doesn't live up to his CS in the social ways, but things may change over time.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:41 pm

Yeah, I mean I could see Lysander's and Scott's relationship being pretty funny because since their both New Bloods they'd probably try to get to know each other and become friends. But the funny part is that Scott is warm and outgoing, Lysander is distant and reserved. Scott's power relies on physical strength, Lysander's relies on mental. Scott is slightly reckless, Lysander is very cautious (etc.). It would be kind of funny to see how they interact seeing that they seem like polar opposites.

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:49 pm

Yeah, but in the beginning, they're not all that different. As warm and outgoing as Scott is, he will be distant and cautious at first. Silhouette has already proven for him not to be what he expected, and he's a bit bitter and disappointed at the start. As far as public setting goes, he's just kinda there, like in the classrooms. It's only when he's alone that the best parts of his personality come out, at least for right now.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ansreth Maern on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:54 pm

So maybe their distance and cautiousness with the rest of the student body could connect them at first and then we could play around with the difference they will have as Scott becomes more outgoing and Lysander remains pretty distant. They could foster one of those quirky friendships where they're nothing alike but seem to get along with each other somehow. I'm pretty excited to see how their relationship will turn out.

Ansreth Maern
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:18 am

I'm happy for you.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyanSponge on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:55 am

@Neko: Well I feel they'd be good friends (especially considering Katrina's just that friendly of a person, always trying to be friends with everyone.) They both have a sort of disability (though Jon's is more serious) though that might not be common knowledge when they become friends (I can see Katrina and Jon eventually becoming such good friends that she eventually just goes and blurts out that she can't have kids). I highly doubt that Kat would be able to carry a conversation with Jon about anything too intellectual for long, though I don't doubt she'd try to get into the things he's interested in. And just because he's her friend doesn't mean he's exempt from her horrible flirting. I definitely see a sort of dramatic twist in their friendship if/after Jon is revealed as a rebel, cause Kat isn't one to just forget about friendships she's had, but she'd still feel betrayed, not sure if there was a real relationship or you were just using her for whatever reason. (And they both also lived in Germany, probably not of importance but I had a mighty need to point it out)... then again this would all just be apart of that 'person who make's Jon question his decision' wouldn't it...

@Amy: I'm seriously seeing Atheya as someone Kat is just completely looks up to (even though they're the same age...) She'd be rather attached to Atheya, admittedly she could probably get to be that annoyingly cheery girl, but that's kind of also her personality. They could be friends or considering how Kat's only really been at the school for a few months, she could just be seen as a New Blood who's trying to become friendly with a Superlative (though really she's just trying to be friendly with everyone)

@Dreamer: These two could probably talk all day and night, Kat would not mind one bit. In fact she'd probably be taking tips on how to flirt properly. I see them as friends (Kat would probably make a lame joke about how she needs Olive just like her plants need water)

@Red: With James being so quiet, Kat may not get him to talk, but she might just go on talking while he was silent. He may or may not hate her because of that. She probably wouldn't go too deep into anything just chatter on about nothing. Kat would be absolutely delighted to have a nature buddy.

And I'm really sorry if none of this makes sense, I was in a rush because I literally need to be at school in like ten minutes

CyanSponge
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:45 am

Guess who didn't sleep last night?!

Hint: It was me! (ใƒŽเฒ ็›Šเฒ )ใƒŽๅฝกโ”ปโ”โ”ป

Therefore, I have decided to draft Todd's reactions to all the characters!

Also, yes. Just yes. To all of this. I love seeing Character Relation Forums/Plot Idea Forums just fill up with good ideas. This is really excellent guys, keep it up. Now, to the relations!

Atheya and Flynn: Although it's somewhat lazy, I feel like our characters will get along rather well in this run of Silhouette as well. Todd is charming, kind, loyal to a fault, and loves to be around people and help them out. These are all traits that Atheya and Flynn would like and respect in Todd. I'll PM you later with specifics, but I feel like our characters would, at the very least, be friendly with each other, even if only because of their rank.

Scott: I'm off to a bad start ain't I? Since neither of our characters have changed all that much since last time, I feel like Scott and Todd would get along well in this run of Silhouette as well. Especially in this run, since Scott's pushing so hard, I feel like Todd would do one of the following, or perhaps even both: A) Take Scotty under his wing and help him train. Their transformative powers are similar in nature. As such, Todd's probably the best person to teach him how to use his powers. B) Try to get Scott to take it easy. Todd recognizes that strength is the goal at Silhouette, but there are much more important things. Friendship and other relationships are the key to a successful and happy life at Silhouette. Ignoring that to focus only on fighting seems like such a waste, especially when you're surround by people who can truly understand you, in Todd's opinion anyway. You can send me a PM for specifics if you like, I'm just trying to toss out first impressions all at once.

Olive: We've already had our chat about Todd and Olive me relationship. It was lovely. :P That being said, you can PM me or IM me to discuss further ideas and twists. Chatting with you was such a treat, don't be a stranger, yeah?

Jon: Yo Neko! As with Miss_Dreamer you and I have sort of already hashed out Todd and Jon's relationship. Don't be afraid to PM, text, or Skype me with more details or ideas. I love hearing from you buddy.

James: James is so... grumpy. I feel like Todd would try to reach out to James, because he's so quiet an disgruntled. James is very similar to how Todd used to be, so I feel like Todd would see this and attempt to empathize with James. That being said, this would probably only make James push harder away from Todd. Send me a PM, if you like, so we can discuss specifics, but I don't think that Todd and James would be very friendly right off the bat. It would take some real pushing to get James to even just be friendly with Todd, let alone allow Todd to help him.

Lysandre: I think Todd and Lysandre would get along well. As nurturing as Todd is, he hates being overbearing, and would back off if he senses tension from someone. All Todd really wants is people to be respectful and honest with him, eve if they don't like him, so he would understand Lysandre just not wanting Todd to talk at him. I think Lysandre would respect this. I see them bonding over music. Lysandre is into piano and Todd plays the cello. I smell supernatural music buddies. Begin the epic duets!!! :P All silliness aside, I can see them being friendly. You can PM me, if you like, for specifics.

Jessie: Before I begin, frankly speaking, Jesse is a badass. Can we all agree here? She don't take no shit from nobody. That being said, I don't think she and Todd would be very friendly upon their first meeting. Todd's the kind of guy who is wary about people as confident as Jesse is, mostly because it feels, to him, like that's how a bully would be. It would take Todd a little bit to figure out that Jesse isn't so bad. After that happens, I see them being super close, like, brother and sister close. Jesse tells it like it is and and is just a loyal, dedicated, and hardworking as Todd is. These traits alone make her very impressive in Todd's eyes. Further, I think Jesse would appreciate the similarities as well. PM me, if you like, and we can discuss details.

Katrina: I'm not sure how to feel here. Jesse is super happy, or so she seems, but Todd hates being lied to. He wouldn't care about it, as long as he didn't know, but he would much rather prefer to hear something honest than something that someone else thinks he might like to hear. Regardless, since Kat is a New Blood, Todd wouldn't really know that about her yet. As long as she's nice to him, which I expect she would be, Todd will be nice to her. He knows how hard being a New Blood is, and he always tries his best to look out for the ones that appear a little softer. I'm by no means saying that Kat is unable to handle herself, but Todd is just a nice guy, you know? Being bullied as much as he was, Todd hates the idea that just because a person is gentle and kind, that they have to suffer for it. Send me a PM, if that would be convenient, and we can chat some more about specific.

Donovan: I see great potential for friendship here. Donovan is very shy, a lot like Todd used to be. Further, he's such a sweet boy. He's just this genuine nice guy. Unfortunately for Donny, Todd's straight. Sorry! :P That being said, I do see Todd reaching out to Donovan, even on the first day. He's nearly identical to how Todd was when he was younger. I imagine Todd would be very willing to help Donovan learn to control his powers. He's not the best person for that, as the nature of their power is very different, but you mentioned he has issues with feeling like his power has consumed him. That Todd can relate to. At the very least, I see them being very friendly, Todd may even view Donovan as a younger brother figure, looking out for him, and offering his help whenever it's needed, and even if it isn't. Send me a PM, if it's convenient, and we can discuss details.
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!