Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Tower In the Sky

Information

a part of “Tower In the Sky”, a fictional universe by Masquerade (Skye).

The Gods have fallen victim to the Titans and are banished to Earth to perish along with the rest of the humans; unless they can take their Tower back.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Tower In the Sky”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Information

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:43 pm

All credit for this thread goes to Renmiri as she was the one who suggested it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Information

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renmiri on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:55 pm

(Okay, the following comes from me procrastinating and not wanting to do my Calculus homework, not for any particular reason. It was also bothering me a little that this was empty, heh.)

So here are some Q&A's from earlier in the OOC thread. Some might be redundant now, but what the heck (also some Q's will be condensed, and key words bolded). Let me know if anything should be changed, I left some more general Q's out (about monsters/gods/titans) for another post.

About the Titans

1) Are the Titans basically trying to destroy the Earth? Is there a motive here, or are they just like 'oh hey, there are gods here, we don't know who they are so let's just kill everything!'?

Masquerade (Skye) wrote:Yes, the Titan's are trying to destroy the Earth and the Gods, because they hate them. Life, who is like the head honcho, created the Titans to rival the Gods because he thought things were getting a little boring and was tired of the Gods senseless bickering. Death likes it though, she thinks it's fun to see everyone tearing their friends apart.

2) Do the Titans know they're titans? How old can the Titans be? (Are they teens or adults?) If they know they're titans, do they have a human and titan form? (This one you may have answered but I must have overlooked it.)

Masquerade (Skye) wrote:Yes, the Titan's do know that they are Titan's, they also are aware that they're sole purpose is to defeat the Gods. Titan's can be just as old as Gods, maybe even older as their rivalry dates back millions of years. Titan's have a humanoid appearance to them. They can have a monster form if you'd like, although that would make them the Titan of Monsters.

3) I was thinking that maybe the titans could each have a preferred monster that they can turn into (though only that specific monster)?

Masquerade (Skye) wrote:It's a possibility, but that would be a great disadvantage to the Gods.

4) What are the physical and mental capabilities of Titans and gods (ignoring any special abilities) compared to each other?

Masquerade (Skye) wrote:The mental and physical capabilities of Titans and Gods... Well there are many different factors that go into this question. The Gods were made to create and protect, they are the so called "Guardians" of the Earth. They bring peace and beauty, but at the same time they bring destruction and conflict. They are the oxymoron's of life.

The Titans on the other hand are grief and chaos, they bring nothing but terror and fear wherever they go. Just the mention of the name is enough to make a monster quiver. Most Titans are born from rage, havoc, storms, and pain. Then there are a few that somehow end up not so terrible, but that's a story for later.

Comparing Titans and Gods is like comparing the wind and the moon, you really can't. Obviously, one is held on a pedestal, there are songs written about it and paintings depicting its elegance. The other is kind of just a nuisance that at times can be powerful enough to knock down buildings and sweep up animals in its path. For every God, there is one Titan to rival them, the Titan made to oppose the God is the only thing that can beat that God. It doesn't always happen, when the Gods are at their pique (I'm just going to use Frost as an example because she's my character) like Frost in the winter, they are unstoppable, but if you catch Frost during say spring, she will be in a weakened state because of the fact that she was just at her strongest point. If a Titan that isn't made to oppose a God goes against them, then they will surely lose. So if the Titan of Pain goes against the God of Darkness, Darkness will beat Pain no problem. Do you understand what I'm saying?

5) While it sounds like a God can't be killed by any other Titan other than the specific one, would (for example) the Titan of Pain be able to be evenly matched with a weakened God of Darkness? And I assume that Titans, unlike Gods, can be killed by other beings and not just the opposing God?

Masquerade (Skye) wrote:Yes, the Titan of Pain would be an even match for the Titan of Darkness, but wouldn't be able to kill him. Titan's can only be killed by their opposing God as well, but if a God is killed, they will regenerate in Life's courtyard. If a Titan is killed, they will regenerate in the Fields of Death.

6) Are the Titans (well the ones that look like kids) allowed to start of at school/be apart of it or no? Just wondering.

Masquerade (Skye) wrote:No, the Titans are in the Tower, plotting to destroy the Earth. They are mostly uninterested in the affairs of humans, so school would be seen as pointless and stupid.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Renmiri
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purpl3_Flam3s on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Question 7) How exactly does the Towers elevator works. Do you have to think of a place to go there or is their certain buttons, etc.

Purpl3_Flam3s
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:18 pm

I was thinking either it would be like a GPS kind of thing, you put in where you wanna go or it would work by announcing where you need to go.

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purpl3_Flam3s on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:34 pm

Question 8 ) So you say a weakened God would be evenly matched with a Titan that I presume is healthy, making it seem that the Gods are just stronger than the Titans. I was wondering if you're going by Mythology when it comes to Titans and Gods? Because in Mythology or just your own terms. I'm just saying this because in Mythology, Titans were stronger than the Gods. That's why the 3 major gods (Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon) needing weapons in the battle forged from the Cyclopes who were more powerful than the Titans seeing as they were the eldest children of Gaia.

EDIT :: I guess I should make another question, since I didn't phrase it correctly.

Question 9) Why exactly is a weakened God an even match for a Titan. If they aren't their opposing God/Titan of course. Are the Gods just naturally stronger? I guess that's when I got the whole mythology thing mixed up.

This is kind of what I'm trying to say in an example of Sora and Darkness -----> Sora can't go up Darkness because he's not weakened therefore making him stronger than her, even though they are both powerful beings. Sora can only go after him when he's badly injured.

Do you see that point I'm trying to make?
Last edited by Purpl3_Flam3s on Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Purpl3_Flam3s
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Masquerade (Skye) on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:48 pm

I'm not going by Greek mythology, if I was then there would be demigods and heroes. A Titan is as strong as the God they are opposing at their pique.

Sora was not made to go against Darkness, therefore her abilities cannot kill him, they can wound him but he will not die. The Titan's were only created to spice things up for Life and Death's entertainment, they are easily disposable pawns that are mad that they are not treated like the Gods and so they decided to take revenge and burn the world Life and Death worked so hard to create by handing it over to the monsters. The only way to do this however is with the permission of a Goddess, which is why they were keeping Frost captive (and alive).

Masquerade (Skye)
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!