Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Hex vs Mages 2

Character Concerns

a part of “Hex vs Mages 2”, a fictional universe by Gwenlover24942.

Sequel to Hex vs Mages

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hex vs Mages 2”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Character Concerns

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby placevalue on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:13 pm

*Concerns and Questions about Characters*
Nymeris:

Ashley:
have you not read about my character i am not taking over the hex nation that's what i'm trying to do during the course of the roleplay ok jeez

Audrey:
we are compared to you if you can take over a whole nation and erica's characters cant use magic and my character can do middle school level spirit magic thats it. and natalie portman does pretty much nothing in the movies she's just...there

Ashley:
but you aren't natalie portmans besides natalie portman is a badass ok jeez

Audrey:
yes but they werent in a roleplay. imagine how a roleplay would turn out if you were evil tony stark and we are all like natalie portmans or whatever

Ashley:
yeah well the avengers all had to team up to defeat loki and iron man had war machine
and tony stark made a whole suit without the ten rings realising that he was making it under their very noses that's what i'm doing i'm an evil tony stark

Erica:
So Audrey, are you ok with Ashley's character getting her power from hex technology that she created. She isn't a Mage anymore, she's a hex

Audrey:
By the way, most real villans have to team up to get what they want, which makes them about the same power level as one powerful good guy. Like Nazi Germany had to work with Japan plus they had an entire army

Ashley:
these are realistic powers they aren't even powers audrey had me portrayed as some thief who stole already existing tech so that i'm not smart evidently

also villains are overpowered that is literally the whole point of being a villain to be powered enough to take over the world/city/country/universe/WHATEVER and that's the whole reason superhero movies work cuz the hero finds a weakness that allows them to bring down this titan of a villain honestly

Erica:
Im sorry that you feel angry. I didn't know you were mad.
Hexadecimal wasn't the villain last roleplay. We barely even mentioned her last time. I assure you nobody else will have their character control metal. We just really want person-controlled characters to have realistic powers even if they are the villain. If someone writes their character to be able to defeat you easily, that's also unrealistic. Your character doesn't have to be overpowered to be a villain.

Ashley:

because evidently the new reason that i'm able to control metal is because i stole a piece of hex technology so therefore everyone who had some amount of money would be able to do the exact same thing that i can do which really makes a terrible villain and you're talking about me being overpowered well last roleplay the villain was an immortal computer program who is evidently so undefeatable that a person who can control metal and technology can't even trap her in a necklace so we'll just have 2 villains instead of one, which is what i was pretty sure i was signing up for. my character was going to be the only villain, i had a whole plan going, and now i have to rethink everything twice because it is unrealistic for a person who has powers no one else has and no one else is able to overcome and has lived in a nation all her life to take over said nation for god's sake

Erica:

Wait why not?

Ashley:
that's pretty good, actually. did you see my message about me being angry that i'm not allowed to go through with the compromise that i was pretty sure we had all agreed on?

Ashley:
yes but i made the power to control metal by myself that's one of the reasons why i'm the villain not one of the protagonists villains are supposed to be overpowered in stories that's why the protagonists have to team up to beat them

Ashley:
yes but i made the power to control metal by myself that's one of the reasons why i'm the villain not one of the protagonists villains are supposed to be overpowered in stories that's why the protagonists have to team up to beat them

Erica:
what we agreed that she is a hex who made the technology to allow her to control metal

Audrey:

I don't know if Erica already told you this, but we were thinking that her metal powers could be from a Hex technology that she has gotten her hands on. That way, other Hexes in a position of power could also bend metal. Also, it is supposed to be very hard to cross over from the Mage nation to the Hex nation, if you don't have some advanced weapon or magic, which she wouldn't since most Mages aren't very well educated now and are poor. So if you want her to have a hope of getting close enough to Hexadecimal to stop EVERY computer, (plus be able to USE the metal bending tech) she has to be a Hex. By the way, even the Hex metal bending tech isn't enough to stop every computer. The hex would never make it so powerful for fear of traitors.
Erica:
Right, if you aren't comfortable telling me why, that's fine. Just if there's a way we can avoid playing God but still keeping as much of your plot point as possible, that would be nice.
In what way is Hexadecimal being taken over? She is a computer program and also exists in the necklace of Hexadecimal, so she still can exist. Shutting down every computer would give the Mage nation quite an advantage. Mages are generally overpowered (at least from what I've noticed and I will admit, I've done it too) as long as we aren't getting to overpowered with every character, I'm okay

Ashley:

it is a lot of power, which is one of the reasons why i sent the email. i didn't want to end up accidentally playing god, but i can tell you the backstory if you want. i think it makes a bit more sense once you get that (i'd prefer not to get into why she can control metal, if that's possible. i can tell you if you need me too, though. thanks!)

Erica:

Oh I'll also add that this plot point is quite nice, but id rather a player-controlled character not have this amount of power. Enough power to take over an entire nation alone is a LOT of power. What do you think?

Erica:
Um I don't really know what role Erin has in moderating the roleplay. But I will say that the only issue I'm having is that this character seems to be extremely powerful compared to Audrey's character and my character. I would love to keep powers to a minimum, but I guess that's a lost cause at this point. Hexadecimal and the hex nation are a pretty big plot point in the roleplay it would seem. Since the last roleplay centered around the Mage nation, it would be nice for this one to center around the hex nation. The last roleplay was also only Mages, so more hexes this time would be nice. While this character is quite interesting, it seems to be a lot of power. Don't take this a no to the character. Audrey should say her opinion too.
Thank you for coming to me about this by the way.
Ashley:

ok so how she can control metal is kind of a big plot point later in the story i ran it by erin she said it was valid should i tell you i mean maybe? spoilers

y/n?

Erica:

Ok so I'll forward this to Audrey and we can discuss this in more detail. I will probably have more questions and she may have some later, but how is this character able to control metal? This is a major role, so I'm going to have Audrey talk about this too.

Ashley:
ok hello in your new roleplay hex vs mages 2 i have been recruited by erin (and audrey to an extent) so as to be your villain (also is this ok like hay man actually having a villain would be cool right that's what erin says)

so

i have heard that you are in charge of the hex nation for the new rp i was thinking i could maybe take over the hex nation cuz this is supposed to take place something like 25 years after right and i can see how this could be problematic
so pretty much how much am i allowed to do with the whole hey i kinda have to overthrow hexadecimal (best name ever)

yeah

talking

this should happen

(also i should point out that my character can control metal like any all metal)

so is shutting down all the computers in the hex nation kinda playing god???

i'm not trying to tho

but yeah

also if i forgot to ask for permission to do any of the things that i have mentioned in the above can we consider this asking for permission

yeah

awesome

thank u

That was the conversation so far.(read from bottom to top)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

placevalue
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Character Concerns

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Goddessiris11 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Ashley, I find your character fascinating, but perhaps it could only be certain types of metal she can control, rather than the general all? And I think flight is a tad unrealistic.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Goddessiris11
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Re: Character Concerns

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GirlOfLightning on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:29 pm

yeah, flight was unrealistic, which is why i scrapped it. and considering i'm the villain and there's an actual person playing the villain and this is generally WAY MORE THOUGHT THAN USUALLY GOES INTO A VILLAIN the general all is going to stay

GirlOfLightning
Member for 10 years
Author Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!