Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Knight's Duty, A Witch's Innocence

A Trip Into the Past (Aura)

a part of “A Knight's Duty, A Witch's Innocence”, a fictional universe by CutUp.

A knight seeking redemption is tasked with capturing a witch that killed a nobleman. But the witch was framed. She curses the knight, and now he must help clear her name, and find the true murderer. 1X1 with Daleeria

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Knight's Duty, A Witch's Innocence”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Trip Into the Past (Aura)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daleeria on Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Agnos Temple of the Warrior Monks
10 Years Earlier

Books. Books as far as her little eyes could see. Her father had told her about this place, but never in her life did she think it was THIS glorious. The nine-year-old would have happily died here having seen the temple that her father had described to her all these years.

Rorik Alessana was discussing something of some importance with the Elder of the temple, a man with no hair on his head and despite his age a quite fierce disposition and muscular frame. Aura had to admit that she was surprised by the people of the temple. Her vision of monks had been of skinny bald men in robes singing in monotone, like it was up in the North
 but no, these men were fit, and while they were bald, while not in training or socializing over a meal or their studies, they were reading, writing, and meditating. She had only been there for a day and she had already learned more just by being able to listen in on their conversations than she had listening to the gossip of the old gypsy women.

This was the Inner Sanctum of the Agnos Temple of the Warrior Monks, and something few visitors got to see, even fewer of them female like her. Under typical circumstances she wouldn't have been allowed, but she was a child... and a mage... and right now, she needed all the protection and help she could get.

There was an Outer Sanctum as well, one she had spent the last two days in. Most of the youngest of the monks lived there, and that was also where the kitchen was, as well as the 'public' gardens. The Inner Sanctum consisted of an inner courtyard, where the monks trained, a tall watchtower that stood strong on top of a marble building in the center. This was the mecca of anyone who ever wished to study anything... the Library of Agnos. Legend spoke that the First Monk, Agnos, had traveled everywhere around the world to collect books on history, art, magic, science and even fiction. Any book a person could wish to read could be found here. The walls were ceiling-high with books, and that was considering it was a bi-level library
 yes it was a wonderful haven for her.

“So you’re certain that she’s the one?” the old monk threw a sideways glance at the girl as if she were no more than a curiosity. At the request of the elder she had been made to wear the brown plain robes of a student monk, as it covered her entire form and made her stand out less.

“Yes. The power she displayed back then
 My friend, it was a sight to behold. She saved an entire Royal Library that was burning, and the fact she could strike a contract with the elements at ten
” her father whispered, trying not to draw attention to their conversation. Aura herself sat in a sturdy chair with a cushion in it, her little legs swinging back and forth as she turned the pages of a book. While she wasn’t far away and could hear them quite clearly, she had the feeling this conversation wasn’t meant for her ears yet.

To this moment she couldn’t figure out why Father was so up in arms about the magic she had used just a fortnight prior. He had been teaching her magic over the years and had never fretted until now. But since that fateful night, he had broken off from the caravan and had rode tirelessly by horseback to this place.

“She can read ancient text with ease. Every spell I’ve ever taught her comes naturally. Sometimes she doesn’t seem to even realize she’s using magic until she gets in trouble for it. She needs discipline that I can’t teach her while running the caravan. She needs patience, and focus. You’re the only one I could think of who would teach her properly. She needs to be able to understand and defend herself when the time comes. She doesn’t realize how much the world hates people like us
 She’s too gentle, too trusting,” Rorik sighed, leaning back in his chair and massaging his temples. “I don’t want to leave her here, but her safety is paramount to me.”

The Elder seemed to be deep in thought, watching the young girl with stern but curious eyes. “Child, come,” he called to Aura, and within moments she stood by his side looking just as curious about him. They looked at each other, studying the other’s movements. “What is your name?”

“Aura, sir,” she bowed politely, her tone formal.

“Aura... A beautiful name. I am Ataras. I am the Elder of this temple. Your father tells me you have talents. That you read a language that no one else reads. Is this so?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Please read this to me,” he handed her a piece of paper with a beautiful written script on it. It was an ancient piece of paper to be sure. When she gripped it, the edges flaked a bit, and she set it down immediately as to not ruin it completely.

It took a moment, or two in this case. “It’s a spell, a water spell. Summons a leviathan, if near a large enough body of water. Class 8 summoning spell, though some of these words I’ve never seen before,” she said, her voice fading off as she read the entire page with interest.

“Very good.”

“It also states a clause that the Leviathan requires a sacrifice for summoning; two fish, one from freshwater and one from saltwater,” She pointed to the bottom of the page and looked up at him. “That would be inconvenient. But Leviathans ARE hugely powerful
 so I suppose that would be the point wouldn’t it?”

“Yes, Aura, it would. How would you like to train here with us for a while, dear child. You have a talent I have not seen in many generations. We can teach you how to work such powerful spells as these, and when they are or are not necessary. I can teach you control, focus, how to channel your power in the most productive way possible and not exhaust yourself when using the most minor of spell,” Ataras offered her kindly with a small smile upon his lips. “We can teach you how to fight, so you do not always need to use magic, and how to conceal your status as a mage.”

The young girl looked down at her feet and then at her father. “You’re leaving?” It was not a plea for him to stay, no rather it was a mere curious question from a child who had never known anything but the man before her. He was her teacher, her father, her only friend.

“I think you can learn a lot here. I must rejoin the caravan before the next festival, but I need you to be safe, my little one. He will teach you things I cannot. He is my closest friend and ally, and a powerful mage himself. He too can read the special language that you can. He’ll teach you letters and words you don’t know, and while you’re here you have free access to all of the books in the library!” she knew he was playing on her love of books, and she couldn’t help but commend him for throwing that him. While she was no fool, she knew that the education would be important, and that she would happily be able to lose herself in these books. It would only be for a couple of months anyways, right?

“Okay then, I’ll stay here Father,” she grinned up at the older man and he grinned back down at her. “And when you come back I’ll know all sorts of things you don’t! and then I can teach YOU!”

Rorik laughed heartily at that thought. “I’ll stay tonight and depart in the morning, alright?”

She nodded, happy to have one last night with her father before he left again. She had no clue that she truly was in danger, and that this was the only place she would be safe.
OPEN RP SLOTS: [3 out of 3]
OPEN COLLAB STORY SLOTS: [1 out of 1]

Currently Inspired By:
Still Learning :: Halsey
killing boys :: Halsey
Under Pressure :: Queen & David Bowie
Fast Talk :: Houses
Bang Bang :: Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Daleeria
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!