Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Fallout: Nuclear Nights

a part of “Fallout: Nuclear Nights”, a fictional universe by blackrider.

Welcome to Chicaghoul. *Small Group/Detailed Posts*

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Fallout: Nuclear Nights”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:55 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Fallout: Nuclear Nights"

Hey guys I just edited the intro and put up the Character sheet. I'm gonna go ahead and throw up some Character Equipment info here along with some basic world info (cant make new ooc threads tillI get my char up, so postin this info here for now.)

Brief World Info

Clothing-The only clothes are either of old world style or newly fashioned Waste creations-often formed from various old world clothes and items. Go ahead and make whatever you want but keep in mind this is the 50's style.

Housing/Buildings/Ruins-Many houses that weren't outright destroyed are boarded up but can be broken into with enough elbow grease. Likewise one doesn't have to look far to find skeletons of the past-large bombed out ruined cities and towns litter the landscape. Although they remain mostly quite these days there are still those that make these destroyed monuments to the past home.

Domestic animals-The only domesticated animals located here are Brahmin, Bighorn, and the occasional dog. Most domestic animals are found in L'Mart and Craterside City.

Electronics-Like all Fallout games things such as lighting, radio stations, radios, computers and all sorts of other electronics still work within most Cities and Towns-but some places like Salvage City have no power.

Transportation-Unlike many other parts of the Country vehicles aren't entirely uncommon here, however they are often military made and come in four varieties: large, bulky, ugly, and unwieldy. The main form of getting across the Wasteland is still your two feet, however those willing to pay for a ticket can ride “The Bullet” train.

Item List For Character Creation

Medicine: Medicinal chems are mainly found only at clinics or on traveling doctors and Caravan traders who almost always have some form of mercenary protection. Likewise doctor bags are a hot commodity, a skilled hand is able to treat most grievous wounds with these both in town and while out in the Wastes. Every town has some sort of doctor for those foolish enough to wander without medical supplies.

Armor: (Armor does not take up a space)
Light, Medium, and heavy armor are all common throughout the Wastes. Since each type comes with its own advantages and disadvantages they are normally worn based on an individuals day to day routine. Light is better suited for people who often travel the Wastes on foot and do their best to avoid fight or shoot you in the face before you even see them Medium Armor is the halfway ground between light and heavy, it offers mild protection while barely inhibiting movement. Heavy armor is the strongest stuff next to power armor and can stop most anything short of a bullet but is often cumbersome and unwieldy. Power armor is the king daddy of all armor, turning a man into a fighting force all his own-power armor can take more bullets and damage then anything else but greatly limits movement.

Communication-The main way people get news is by listening to the local (and only) radio station “Radaway-Radio” but there are also small scale ways to communicate like Walkie Talkies and old world CB & HAM Radios

Currency-Bottle caps are the only form of currency accepted.

Chems-This category is for any type of drug that does not have a medicinal benefit.

Food-Basically anything you can kill and cook or still sealed pre-war food.

Water-There is both pure and radiated water here but pure water is extremely rare.

Bullets-In this Fallout location I want bullets to be rather scarce-to the point we are all counting are shots. That being said start with an amount of ammunition that makes sense with your guns.

Anything Else-Theres plenty of other things to choose from, everything I've listed above was simply to give some examples. Basicly if you think it makes sense your character could carry it, feel free to use it. Rope, Candles, Lanterns, sharpening Stones, Books-feel free to be creative and ask any questions you might have when filling this out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blackrider
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Fallout: Nuclear Nights

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Ill be back in like an hour and keep workin away on things.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

blackrider
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:45 pm

*too

Anyway stats do not translate well to forum RPs. It's fine for a video game but I'd be more interested in this if assigning SPECIAL points wasn't mandatory. If you're going to use that system my character is going to have 10 Luck, sexy sleepware, the lucky bobblehead, and lucky shades. And probably a -3 perception.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:57 pm

For some reason to and too never quite got through my thick fucking skull. Apologies.

Honestly I intend the special and perks to be more of a way to differentiate characters. Basicly I just wana avoid situations where people can randomly hack computers and pick locks or somehow seem to know how to use every single type of weapon perfectly. Really this isn't to box people in nor will we be rolling dice, but at the same time I want clearly defined characters who know what they are and are not capable of.

blackrider
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:59 pm

Oh I also wanted to let everybody know that on the intro page I just changed the Map, Salvage City, and Bilgewater maps (mostly just added railroad tracks/fixed the map link).

blackrider
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:14 pm

As well meaning as your reasoning is, I'd rather be trusted to roleplay a compelling character and think about what skills he/she brings to the party rather than google what all the perks are. If that were the case I'd rather just play Fallout. Or keep pinning for Gamescon to announce Fallout 4 is actually out today and I don't have to wait until November.

Do you intend to have a story focus or a combat focus? As great as killing ghouls and everything is, that's something else I'd rather do in a video game than write about.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alligot on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:42 pm

@Plagiarism

Might not be my place to say, but it seems like you're going off on him for having stats in his play. I'm not too familiar with Fallout, (I've probably only ever actually played it twice) but even if it weren't based in fallout, I'm typically fond of stats and other such things for ballparking where one character's strength is compared to another.

He's given his reasons for having such a system, and if you don't like it you really don't have to make a character. Find a different Fallout roleplay where you can express more creative freedom.

@Blackrider

I might be interested in making a character.

Alligot
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:09 pm

Feel free to Alligot, I look forward to reading any submissions/helping people out with making a char, so feel free to message me any questions.

And Plagiarism, I have to ask-Have you even read the Perks list link I posted? They are not just fallouts Perks slapped on the page like you make it sound, I specifically made them to be tailored more towards writing, rping, and describing a characters unique (sometimes quirky) specialties.

As for the question on combat/story:
Well they are mercenaries tavelling what I've described as heavily bandit/raider infested Wastes, so naturally they will see a fair share of combat. On the other hand "No job is to big or to small." That is their motto-they will take almost any job which means not every quest/mission has to be "Go kills these dudes." That being said I'm intending every quest to be its own storyline/plot, and I'm totally open to other peoples ideas for quests, and although these stories are self contained they can also have branching stories just based around the actions/choices made along the way.

blackrider
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:31 pm

Well despite my cynical reservations, I pm'd you a character (as per your instructions).

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:18 am

Cool man, I'll go ahead and give them a once over.

So today for anybody wondering I'm planning on detailing out Chicagoul slightly (Gonna make a little card for them like all the other Towns and Cities have.)

I also plan on finishing off my character sheets later today and getting those posted up. Also, don't forget that I would love to hear Ideas for a vault-tec experiment. Hell you don't even have to want to join the rp to throw an idea up here, I wont mind. Once I do decide on a Vault Experiment It shouldn't take me to long to get a detailed plan up for that also.

blackrider
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TomorrowsHerald on Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:37 am

I should likewise have mine ready today or tomorrow .Should we by the way announce what kind of characters we have in mind so we avoid creating pretty much the same brand of character independently?

I was thinking of playing an Enclave survivor from the Washington fiasco. He is in his early twenty's and used to work in an operations room before being pressed into service as general infantry after Raven Rock fell. He isn't really much of a whiz in anything, but he did have an old world education and was trained in the use of old world devices specifically computers and communication equipment. Again I must stress that though he has skill in the area of technology he isn't a hacker, just technology savvy. Maybe he knows how to connect to an Enclave spy satellite? We know they still had some from broken steel but the image is probably not great - the thing did hand around up there for 200 years after all. Since the Enclave defeat he has wandered around trade caravans helping various merchants value salvaged technology and fix it up in return for enjoying their food supplies and their protection.

TomorrowsHerald
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings World Builder Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:22 am

Yeah its probably a good Idea to just post a quick general Idea of your character up like you did so others can see it/avoid clones (That goes for everybody).

And I look forward to reading your char sheet!

blackrider
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toorah loorah on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:59 pm

I'm definitely, interested in this rp and will send you a character through PM by late this evening or tomorrow. Hope to see this rp excel.

toorah loorah
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:53 pm

Awesome to hear Toorah, look forward to you submission.

Wanted to let everybody know I got my character sheet up-Really needin a good name for the mercenery group-I mean if I have to I can slap something generic down there but I'm sure If we just all just think on it we can come up with a world appropriate/unique and fun name for the Mercenary Company.

Also, I am still needing a good vault Idea. Again, if we have to I can just write something out here because I have a few Ideas but I'd also love to hear other peoples Vault Tec experiment Ideas.

I am on track to get the Chicaghoul area up tonight and once I do I'll make a full list up of what all still needs to be done (pretty sure its mostly just the Vault idea and Mercenary company name, maybe a few other odd things here and there-Like map out the Enclave base, things like that. I'd really love to get the group locked down while we finish off the world building, but we'll see. No rush.)

blackrider
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:17 pm

Oh and I said we should post a little blurb about our characters here so I'll go ahead and throw a little description of my character up.

I'm gonna make two characters to start off with, the first of whom will be...

Nobdy "Boss" Duhmas: This is the founder of the Mercenary group but he does not handle the day to day affairs of the business;he's far more likely to be found out working a job in the Wastes. He's an ex slave from Colorado that is a mainly combat focused character (and you'll see why if you read his bio.) He favors his riot shotgun but keeps a .44 magnum and machete on him for sticky situations.

Edit-Id also really like to come up with a play list for Radaway Radio if anyone has any suggestions for good songs. I know this isn't a big deal sense we'll be writing but still, I think its a neat little thing to add.

blackrider
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Allright everybody I have gotten the Chicaghoul area done and posted up with the rest of the locations in the intro. The rest of the night I'll probably just be working on finding good songs for the radio station while answering any questions that may pop up. Also toyin with the idea of a Wasteland dj personality, but thats just sorta at the back of my mind.

Tommorow I plan on getting my second character sheet up and trying my best to nail down the mercenary group info (building layout, location, number of members, ect ect. Like I said I am also open to hearing ideas on the Mercenary Company.) Hopefully by then I'll get some more feedback too and can finish off the Vault page.

blackrider
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toorah loorah on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:56 pm

Gonna head to bed for the night, should have the character finished tomorrow evening. Just want work on the history without a fuzzy head. But other than that I should have her done, with couple of mini character sheets for the NPC's connected with her. There'll be links to their pages on the sheet I can just make them up in my storage.

toorah loorah
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toorah loorah on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:15 am

Chicaghoul gives me plot bunnies for my characters background. Eeeexcellent... ~links fingers together.~

toorah loorah
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:31 am

Awesome to hear Toorah, and glad the Chicaghoul info could help your character. Think I'm gonna go ahead and pass out for the night as well, before I do though here's the playlist WIP for Radaway Radio

Radaway Radio playlist (WIP)

Johnny Mathis-Wonderful! Wonderful! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqoa9lO ... freload=10

Johnny Mercer-Accentuate the Positive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cpyWmY ... freload=10

Bonnia Beacher-Come Wander With Me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGffXrg ... freload=10

Dore Alpert-Fallout Shelter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBKzKhu ... freload=10

Al Bowly-Twentieth Century Blues https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAh0b867FXQ

Warren Smith-Uranium Rock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybRyuhQ ... freload=10

Fay Simmons-You Hit Me Like An Atom Bomb. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqo3S8 ... freload=10

Bob Crosby and the Bobcats-Politics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grmaYzP ... freload=10

Bob Crosby and the Bobcats-Dear Hearts and Gentle People https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t314wo0 ... freload=10

The Ink Spots-Ill Get By https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyEOvwz ... freload=10

Peggy Lee-Its a Good Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If82O1e ... freload=10

blackrider
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby blackrider on Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:33 am

BTW everyone that Politics song is fucking hilarious.

blackrider
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!