Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Welcome to LAIOS Part II

Q & A

a part of “Welcome to LAIOS Part II”, a fictional universe by FaddedFox.

Welcome to your new virtual life. The catch is, you can't log out and if your hp drops to zero... well, you won't be returning to the Real World.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Welcome to LAIOS Part II”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Q & A

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:18 pm

This thread is reserved for questions and answers. This will make it easier for me to get to everyones questions and have all the answers in one place for easier access.
I make polymer and apoxie sculptures (mostly dragons) and I take commissions. Interested? Take a peak at my shop:https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClayLeafCreations

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Q & A

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:45 am

One: A serious lack of the almighty Dwarf here. I don't know about other people, but in RPGs, I always go for the 4-5ft ,massive bearded, full plate wearing, hammer swinging death machine that is the dwarf warrior.

So... Is there the chance that Dwarfs may be added as a race? If not... I already have an idea for a massive Minotaur Beastmen character (less pretty character, more massive, furry pain train... cow/bull puns welcomed and planned).

Two: The classes.. seem limited, if someone was a scythe class, must they use a scythe or could they use any large two handed weapon? I.E: Greatsword, Maul, etc?... Extend that to all the classes, pretty much, does the dual wielder have to use swords? Cause a giant Minotaur running around with two large axes just... sounds awesome. (All aboard the Pain Train).

I ask because I find swords tiringly overused and boring and, for some characters, like the Minotaur I am thinking of doing, a sword would just be silly unless by 'sword' it is a massive cleaver. Where by the halberds? The hammers? The Maces? The axes? Honestly, any polearm would be a welcome change.

Three: I get if the HP hits zero, the character 'dies', but, is it up to us, the writer, to decide when our character dies? Because if this is one of those things where the GM is going to decide for me then I am going to opt out right here. I have no issue killing my character, I have done so numerous times in the past even to one I had spent the better part of a year developing from padawan to jedi master on another site, for the story, but the difference is that is my choice. Not fond of the idea of being killed off whenever the GM fills he wants to add drama.

EDIT: Essentially, for the character I have planned, he is going to be a... different type of dual wielder. Instead of being quick and agile, he will be large and powerful. He would still be 'fast', but he wouldn't be dodging much relying on his natural strength and constitution from his size and race to compensate whilst making his blows harder.

A 'beserker' instead of a 'duelist', if you will. A 'I am going to kill you before you kill me via out dpsing you,' incredibly powerful in one v ones but groups be trouble.

EDIT2: After reading through some stuff, does your control of PC death just extend to informing us? For instance: We have control of our actions, thoughts, etc, and all you are doing, in the case of combat, is telling us the 'results' of this. So, I won't expect a PM that says, "Hello Taun, for *insert reasons* we decided your character should die to enable *blah* and *blah," but more, "Hello Taun... you know that dragon you decided to try and take on with a toothpick and pineapple? Yeah... bad call buddy. We ran the numbers and... the dragon just put you on the McD's dollar menu."

I am not fond of the first, but I have no problem with the second. If it is the second, do you plan on opening up a Pad or some other place we can gather during large combat scenes, so we can watch the combat process, make changes to try and ensure our victory/defeat, etc in real time?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Taunbon
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:58 pm

Hello Taunbon! Thank you for your questions and comments. Here are my answers:

1. I can most definitely add axe/ hammer swinging dwarves if you like! I have to admit your minotaur sounds bad ass though XD.

2. I can add options for the weapons in each class so that you guys can choose between types that you may like. I didn't think about that (when you stare at something long enough, you forget there are other options!). Yes, you can have to large axes.

3. No, I will not randomly kill players for the fun of it or to further plot. It is all up to you essentially when your character dies. So yes, if you are level 15 and you go up against a dragon... that dragon will turn you into McDonald left overs. For really small fights I was giving you guys license to just write out the fight scene as you wish. However, once we get into bosses and you fight harder monsters, the GM, or any other player, we are going to be using rgn or dice system. I am unsure if that function is working currently on RPG so if it isn't, I'll use a number generator for you guys and post the results so you know what kind of attack you are using and the power level. this will also determine who will die in that fight. The only time I will ever just kill a character is when the player suddenly vanishes and doesn't answer any of my pms for like a month. I will then take steps to get rid of the character so we may continue.

4. That is fine. ^^

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blueshadow on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Hey Faded! So I had a question regarding the guilds. Since I have the KoL leader I was wondering how did the guilds originally come about? Like were they already established and did the current leader just rise up in the ranks or did the leader originally form the guild itself. Or does it not particularly matter? I ask because I was considering playing the KoL leader as a Beast Defender, who was originally a soloist but upon seeing all the people getting hurt formed the Knights to protect the weaker players. I wasn't sure if you already had established origins for these guilds, and if you did I didn't really want to contradict that in my characters history. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I was just a tad confused here.

Blueshadow
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:38 pm

Totally fine blue ^^ So I don't have a set story line for the guilds. Since there is so much that I have already defined, I want to give you guys a chance to input your own creativity. So your story line for the guild is just fine. ^^ The thieves guild and mercenary guild are the only guilds that are preset in the game. The guild master for these two are NPCs and is a function of the game but if someone reallllllllyyyyy has an interest in being a leader of these guilds and has a great story for it, I am more than happy to allow that as well.

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Taunbon on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:58 pm

FaddedFox wrote:Hello Taunbon! Thank you for your questions and comments. Here are my answers:

1. I can most definitely add axe/ hammer swinging dwarves if you like! I have to admit your minotaur sounds bad ass though XD.

2. I can add options for the weapons in each class so that you guys can choose between types that you may like. I didn't think about that (when you stare at something long enough, you forget there are other options!). Yes, you can have to large axes.

3. No, I will not randomly kill players for the fun of it or to further plot. It is all up to you essentially when your character dies. So yes, if you are level 15 and you go up against a dragon... that dragon will turn you into McDonald left overs. For really small fights I was giving you guys license to just write out the fight scene as you wish. However, once we get into bosses and you fight harder monsters, the GM, or any other player, we are going to be using rgn or dice system. I am unsure if that function is working currently on RPG so if it isn't, I'll use a number generator for you guys and post the results so you know what kind of attack you are using and the power level. this will also determine who will die in that fight. The only time I will ever just kill a character is when the player suddenly vanishes and doesn't answer any of my pms for like a month. I will then take steps to get rid of the character so we may continue.

4. That is fine. ^^

Wonderful, that was all my comments/questions and concerns. I will work on said Minotaur posthaste.

Taunbon
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:21 pm

Hey, I noticed that characters are supposed to have two fighting skills, right, with Elemental types having one special Element ability? I noticed there wasn't many battle skills for elves/mages, asides from Sacrifice. Is there a skill that I could potentially use to fill the second slot?
Soon we'll televise our
C O L O R

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MisterMagicMuffin on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:41 pm

Greetings all, just a few questions.

A bit confused on the difference between Pkers and Bounty Hunters, as the backstab and sneak function is essential to be considered a Pker, but Bounty Hunters can engage in player killing? Do the same limitations apply from them? What is to stop any of the player characters from killing one another on a whim?

Secondly, is the backstab function reserved for bladed weapons or is it just a 'general' move?

Lastly, I was wondering if the Jump Kick for the Hand to Hand characters was an attack specific to monsters, or if it applies to other players as well.

Kind Regards,

Muffin.

MisterMagicMuffin
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:47 pm

@Echo - Those were just some skills I came up with. If you have another attack skill in mind, go for it and then I'll check in and talk to you about the skill in your profile.

@Muffin - Backstab is a general skill for anyone. It is not limited to blades. The difference between a PKer and a bounty hunter or rather PKKer is their victims. Pkers kill regular players. The bounty hunters only kill known Pkers. They are like police. If the bounty hunter started to kill other players, they would then become Pkers. And the Jump Kick can be used on players and monsters. Did I answer all of your questions?

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss Echo on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:50 pm

Coolness, coolness! I'll look into making a skill as soon as possible, when my creativity is high enough to make something that sounds fairly intelligent. :)

Miss Echo
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MisterMagicMuffin on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:32 pm

Yes, sorry for taking so long to get back to this. Aha. All set.

MisterMagicMuffin
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Author Conversationalist Beta Tester Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:44 pm

Uhm. Hello, I'm new to the site and thinking of joining this rp (That is, if you are still open for submissions) and I was wondering about a few things, most important being character level progression. Are you stuck at the level you initially filled in, or is it possible for level-ups to affect this.

Second being the lore of the game world. I know LAIOS is the one to create it all, and that all players know that fact, but it can hardly be the only thing to be known about the world, or is this to be filled through roleplaying?

And well... Those were my chief questions for now, I have a few more, but I wouldn't want to be presumptious and assume to get accepted before asking questions involving character creation...

>.<"

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Hello! Thank you for the interest and welcome to roleplay gateway! I am currently on my phone so sorry if my responses are not in depth.

Bow to answer your questions:
1. The characters are not stuck at the level. They can progess through out the roleplay.

2. I am a little confused by what you are asking. Seraph is the AI game master that rules LAIOS. He is the game but Seraph is the personality /physical representation. No one but the beta players know that Seraph is the game master. I have the lore up in the various threads so I am not 100% sure what you are asking.

3. I am always an advocate for helping others improve. I am willing to work with you but there are currently a lot of players in the game. If you want, we can do a one on one rp to help you get into things here on the site. And then when roles open up, we can include you. Alternatively, you can tell me your character idea and give me a sample of how you would post with what is currently going on the rp. I am very lienant so if i like your ideas and we can work together, I would be willing to open a spot for you as well. Let me know what you decide!

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ElusiveAuthor on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:41 pm

1. The characters are not stuck at the level. They can progess through out the roleplay.

Thank you for the quick answer.

2. I am a little confused by what you are asking. Seraph is the AI game master that rules LAIOS. He is the game but Seraph is the personality /physical representation. No one but the beta players know that Seraph is the game master. I have the lore up in the various threads so I am not 100% sure what you are asking.

Mostly the background of the game that the players would have gotten to know after logging in. Basically myths, legends and game history. What is the Creation Myth? Are there Gods? Is LAIOS counted amongst them according to game lore in some form. The name of the World. Continents. Have there been any devastating wars that left their marks. The science behind magic in the game. Things you'd want to know if you were to create an rp character for an IRL game.

3. I am always an advocate for helping others improve. I am willing to work with you but there are currently a lot of players in the game. If you want, we can do a one on one rp to help you get into things here on the site. And then when roles open up, we can include you. Alternatively, you can tell me your character idea and give me a sample of how you would post with what is currently going on the rp. I am very lienant so if i like your ideas and we can work together, I would be willing to open a spot for you as well. Let me know what you decide!

I would like that. It's been a while since my last rp so I'm a bit rusty.

As for the other option:
My character idea is a female monkey-themed beastman priest (That specializes in debuffs). She initially joined because she wanted to roleplay IG, but clamped up when things got real. She's still in the first city at the moment, although she's getting antsy at doing nothing and contemplating going out. She just needs a push.

My idea for her character development is her opening up, growing more confident, and eventually see the world as more than just a deadly prison.

ElusiveAuthor
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaddedFox on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:19 pm

O.O for some reason, I did not create any myths or anything though I do see the dungeons etc that pertain to a history. Especially the ruins. I think I got caught up in everything else that I forgot the most important xp. I'll start working on that. Thank you.

Secondly, I would love to rp with you. We can take that discussion to pm once you have enough posts.

As for the character... if she is still in the first town, she will have no one to interact with currently. Except Seraph. He'd come by there. It would be a lot on you to get her to grow if no one visits that area. Regardless, she won't come in till a bit later. We are booked at the moment but as we get into the flow of things, we can open a spot. :)

FaddedFox
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!