Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Last Winter of Deadman's March

FAQ

a part of “Last Winter of Deadman's March”, a fictional universe by CyrDaan.

The dead march down upon our doors. Will you fight for your lives and those of your neighbor, or will you march with the dead?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Last Winter of Deadman's March”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

FAQ

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyrDaan on Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:16 pm

If you have any questions, ask them here or PM me and I will reply back as quick as possible.

I will also update this first post with frequently asked questions for easy reference.

Q. Is [insert character] taken yet?
A. I keep the Introduction page up to date so check there on which are still available.

Q. When do we start?
A. Ideally soon after your Character is approved we will set them up to receive their Seal within the first couple of posts. This will be done on an individual basis so we don't have to wait for the others to get started.

Q. I have a question about some Lore.
A. I try to make use of the resources that roleplaygateway provides, so make sure you check out these resources:
    My GM's Character Sheet
    Groups Tab
    Places Tab
    OOC Forums
    Introduction Tab

Q. Where do we start our story?
A. Our story starts in Dyrlyn City. If your character is traveling to the city that is fine as well, as long as they are in the city by the end of your first post.

Q. What season is it in-game?
It has just begun Winter. First Snow has just fallen and the temperature continues to drop.

Q. What is the in-game currency?
A. Copper, Silver, and Gold. (A single copper buys a bad drink)

Still can't find your answer? Then ask your question in this thread.
Last edited by CyrDaan on Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
The dead march down upon our doors. Will you fight for your lives and those of your neighbor, or will you march with them? The Last Winter of Deadman's March

If you're looking for a city full of corruption, fear and supernatural come join Bridgeport: Home of the Disturbed

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CyrDaan
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: FAQ

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:57 pm

This has certainly piqued my interest if only for the fact it's the first roleplay I've seen that's going to incorporate the Quest tab. Hah!

With that said, I'm wondering what overarching goal will be the uniting factor for all these characters. I get that it's mostly going to be every man for themselves, but I haven't the faintest idea what my character should/could work towards besides any personal desires.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Consider myself intrigued also. Gives off a vibe similar to Grim Dawn, this does.

So how would the seal-branded characters be chosen? Volunteers, conscription, or a mix of whichever?

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:24 pm

Also also intrigued. Do you have a character sheet in mind for this rp or?

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyrDaan on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:47 pm

Byte wrote:This has certainly piqued my interest if only for the fact it's the first roleplay I've seen that's going to incorporate the Quest tab. Hah!

With that said, I'm wondering what overarching goal will be the uniting factor for all these characters. I get that it's mostly going to be every man for themselves, but I haven't the faintest idea what my character should/could work towards besides any personal desires.

Honestly I'm still working on getting the Quest stuff set up but I hope to get it ready soon. I think it's a neat idea and haven't seen it used too well yet.

Now the overarching goal for the characters will be a mixture of Defeat the Big Bad, fulfilling their own desires, and survival. They are down to their last Winter to either Fight or March (die and join the undead). What do people do when they are backed into a corner by fear? By the threat of numbered days? I'd love to see some interesting characters and reactions.

There is a story that will develop with the characters and there will be tons of opportunities to mingle with each other.

CyrDaan
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyrDaan on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:50 pm

Bravo_Zver wrote:Also also intrigued. Do you have a character sheet in mind for this rp or?

Character Sheet is on the way but for now go ahead and lay your claim and submit a basic sheet for approval. It will be posted as a forum topic.

CyrDaan
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyrDaan on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Gamer_Templar wrote:Consider myself intrigued also. Gives off a vibe similar to Grim Dawn, this does.

So how would the seal-branded characters be chosen? Volunteers, conscription, or a mix of whichever?

I still have a bit of Lore to type up and some admin stuff to attend to but I'll go ahead and answer your question.

The Seals are given to those that give an Oath to the Order of the Seals. This is almost like a military church organization that oversees the Bearers as part of a separate military force from the typical soldier. They handle everything that has to do with the Seals and that includes law and order over the Bearers. Think of it as a magical military government that works alongside the civil givernment (civil includes normal military forces.) Or maybe even as a special forces organization.

I'll have them posted as a group with some lore in a bit. I hope that I answered your question.

CyrDaan
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:09 pm

Looks intriguing. What kind of powers would come with the nature seal?

Otherwise, are water or fire taken?
Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CyrDaan on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:15 pm

stealthpanther wrote:Looks intriguing. What kind of powers would come with the nature seal?

Otherwise, are water or fire taken?

Nature would be the control of plants and naturally at higher levels, poison! Also check Intro page for availability. I keep it regularly updated.

CyrDaan
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!