Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Someday Dreams Farm

Someday Dreams Farm

a part of “Someday Dreams Farm”, a fictional universe by BrienaSkysong.

Giving unwanted horses a new purpose, and drawing friends together. One calamity at a time.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Someday Dreams Farm”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Someday Dreams Farm

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BrienaSkysong on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Hi! I'm Bri. Welcome to my roleplay. It's likely you have been part of the small group that joked about coming to work on my dream farm (Real life, I haven't decided that Someday Dreams Farm will be the final name of this ranch, but it is a legitimate someday goal in my life to have this farm, the land, and to do some good in the world, saving horses and giving them a new chance at life.) as a hired hand, a cook, etc. This roleplay is mostly for that group of friends, though many are welcome to try their hand at this roleplay.

The unique twist? You're playing yourself as your character (Though I may open up the option of playing an animal on the farm, whether it be a horse rescued from the kill pens, or a goat, or a dog, or even a cow.), as true to yourself as you can be, though you aren't required to be completely honest; it is set in 2018, after all. The profile information will be filled out with your own details, as opposed to a made up character, and it could prove a fascinating social experiment, in a way, to reflect upon yourself as you fill it in; what interesting quirks do you have that you didn't really notice before?

Basically, the roleplay is set primarily on my dream farm, way out in the sticks of the Toutle area, west of Mount Saint Helens (not all that far west, even), with excursions into the surrounding towns of Castle Rock, Longview, and a few other larger cities. Mainly for food and feed not grown on the farm itself. Then there are the trips to the Kill Pens throughout the state, but those may be a while in coming.

The roleplay will begin, set just before the offers to hire arrive in your email, Skype, or mailbox (Though, really, who uses them any more?), and to add to things, I disappeared for a year and a half after winning the lottery; without warning, just poof. Bad me. Once everyone's gotten their profiles up, and I've accepted them, I'll start it off, and then a time skip starter from each of you (As in: "A week later... The letter arrives." Or you arrive having received the email a week or so ago. Anywho.).

That brings us to another little unique twist: Journal entries. I haven't fully settled on this idea, but I do rather like it. Basically, your starter post for a scene would begin with a sort of journal entry, written in present tense, first person (as though you yourself were writing this) and in italics between speech marks. After that, your post would continue as normal, though I'll have to get a round-table vote on whether we'll go first person or third person. Past tense is a given.

So, any questions?

• How Do I Describe Myself?
    • Try to look at yourself from another person's point of view.
    • Look into a mirror; how do you hold yourself? What shape is your face?
    • Write it as though you are a character. (Third person helps a lot here.)
    • It's set two years from now, so you have the freedom to twist the current truth a little. Maybe by then, you're at your ideal weight, or level of fitness? Maybe you got rid of the glasses you didn't like, and got your eyes fixed, or started wearing contacts.
  • How Do I Describe My Personality?
    • Well... Think of how you feel in certain situations. Are you shy, outgoing, a mixture? Are you the life of the party, or the wallflower?
    • What makes you angry? Are you exceptionally easy to rile up, or do you have a long fuse? Is your anger explosive, but short lived? Is it a cataclysmic lahar such as the eruption of Mount Saint Helens?
    • What are your pet peeves?
    • What makes you happiest?
    • These are all things that you can reflect on, and might help in describing your personality. Again, writing in third person descriptor can be very helpful.
Last edited by BrienaSkysong on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Thunder you hear in a storm is the sound of a great stallion's hooves hitting the tops of the clouds. Listen closely, you can hear the hoof beats as he leaps and dances through the sky.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BrienaSkysong
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: Someday Dreams Farm

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:37 pm

I am posting here, because I can.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blazezon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Group Theory Visual Appeal Property Buyer Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!