Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Pokemon Disbelief and Reality

Pokemon Disbelief and Reality

a part of “Pokemon Disbelief and Reality”, a fictional universe by Music.

Several humans from the real world have been mysteriously transported to the world of Pokemon.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Pokemon Disbelief and Reality”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Pokemon Disbelief and Reality

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:44 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Pokemon Disbelief and Reality"

The Story:

Several humans have been mysteriously transported to the world of Pokemon. Appearing on the beach just south of Pallet Town, they come from the real world and know each other - sort of - in real life. Some of them know about Pokemon and some don't. But they must find a way to return home.

What they don't know is that they have been called to the Pokemon world by the "Gods". Legendary Pokemon, worried about the pending warfare that is about to strike, have brought humans from the stories. You know, since our reality is fiction in the Pokemon world.

The conflict is to be caused by the Teams that have plagued the regions for ages. Recently, they have all come under new leadership. Leadership from a single person. By combining their forces, they have begun to pursue a much more aggressive strategy for world domination. Most people live in desparate fear, and some towns have even burned to the ground. With all of this occuring, most of the Pokemon League and such has come to a standstill.

The Rules:

- You must be accepted before posting in the IC.
- No reservations. I'll only be accepting 5-7 people from reality, and maybe a few others, like Gym Leaders and other characters that could join the group.
- Try to keep an even gender ratio when joining.
- No Godmodding, controlling legendaries without my permission, or capturing legendaries.
- No excessive cursing.
- Romance is allowed and encouraged, but keep it PG15.
- You start off with no Pokemon, and I'll be controlling both trainer battles and Pokemon appearences.
- There will be random events. You might get hurt.
- Post frequently, at least once every four days.
- I want literate players, so please post at least 200 words, with proper grammar and spelling.
- DON'T SIGN UP AND THEN NEVER POST.
- I can and will make more rules.

Application:

To join this roleplay, you will need to submit a character. See the above link for details.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Pokemon Disbelief and Reality

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:49 am

*Bump* Yeah, there's a lot of new roleplays onsite, now that the new RP system is up. But seriously, take a look. This promises to be a good, long-term Pokemon roleplay that's not all about battling. In fact, you don't even need to know anything about Pokemon!

The point of the roleplay is the characters, not the Pokemon.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Seriously. We already have begun the IC, but there's only four characters as of now, two of which are played by myself. So here's another bump, considering that in the twelve hours since the last one, this moved back to... page 4. *shudders*

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:51 pm

*Bump* we still have room for one more person from reality. And there's always room for a trainer or two. If you're interested...

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:34 pm

Ok; so, I'm interested in joining and I have a few questions. Firstly, I want to come in as a Gym Leader. You said you needed in game trainers, in my thread, but I figured I'd ask before hand if you wanted anymore trainers/Gym Leaders. If that's cool, do you have any restrictions on what Pokemon I use or what moves they have? Secondly, I was wondering about the world in which we are playing. I get the basics of it, but I had a few more in-depth questions.

- What is the name of the unified team that is attacking the world?
- Is most of the world struggling to keep order, or is the new Team utilizing guerrilla tactics and doing coordinated strikes against undefended villages?
- You said the Elite Four and others, such as the Battle Frontier I assume, have come to a veritable stand still. Does this mean they are fighting the new menace, or are they the ones trying to keep everything from falling apart?
- Will there be frequent battles against this new team, or will we mainly be getting the new people used to the world and training them to take the others on?
Feed him, so that he may take over the universe! ->

Awesome Pokemon RP? Hell yeah.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:18 pm

Thanks for your interest.

About the Pokemon: Be reasonable. That's the only restriction. Also, since you want to be a Gym Leader, can you give me a decent backstory as to how the last Gym Leader lost their spot? (Unless, of course, you're playing a canon...)

Here's the answers to the rest of your questions, without giving too much away:

Unified Team Name: They call themselves Team Universe. However, none of the characters would know this (yet). No one knows that they are under unified leadership. So right now they're just known as Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, and Team Galatic.

The Struggling World: It really depends on the place.

-In Kanto, Team Rocket pretty much has the place tied; they control all communication and travel. Very few resist the regime, since it doesn't seem all that malicious to most people.
-In Johto, Team Rocket is having a much more difficult time subduing the locals. They've taken control of a few towns (details when we get there) but the group that is resisting Team Rocket is excellent with guerilla tactics.
-Hoenn: Teams Aqua and Magma, now that they're on the same side, mostly keep to themselves. People are suspicious, but there's very little actual violence and such.
-Sinnoh: Galactic's presence there is currently relatively unknown. They pass themselves off as a funky-dressing humanitarian group.

Gym Leaders: Some of 'em are fighting the bad guys. Others are working more on training. But the key there is that some of them are actually involved with Team Universe. I guess the main thing I meant by that suppletive was that the main point of this is not to go around and become the greatest trainer. I

Battling: At first, it will mostly be accustoming the new folk to the world. But as time goes on, there will be a lot of fighting, running, and all that fun stuff. It's going to get worse as time goes on. More stuff is going to fall apart, and it's going to be more difficult to tell who's on the good side. Or even which side is the good side.

Good questions. If there's still confusion, you can ask.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Ok, that answers most of my questions. As for my Gym Leader concept, I was going to make him very similar to what they have on the Orange Islands. I've used him in a RP previously (not on this site) and came up with a suitable backstory, so you can tell me if you think it fits or if I should change it.

"... He is the leader of the Eclipse Gym; a gym, certified by the Pokemon League, for only the most aspiring of trainers. His gym would not be easily found, or stumbled upon, as it randomly changes locations every year and most of the trainer battles are direct invitations at the request of Synn himself. However, the Eclipse badge does not just symbolize a trainers quest for victory. It is primarily useless if a trainers ultimate goal is to challenge the Elite Four, counting towards none of them in any region. It is, however, a direct pass into the prestigious Battle Frontier. Any trainer that defeats Synn in battle is granted immediate clearance equal to that of most of the Gym Leader's themselves..."

So, that's the basic concept behind his Gym. He is not so much an Elite Four stepping stone, as a stand alone leader that becomes a stepping stone for the harsh battles at the Frontier. He is akin to the Frontier Brains, if that puts any clarification on the issue. Is this suitable, or would you rather I change it?

Raikizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:21 pm

That's fine. The only thing I can see being an issue is if your character is too focused on the "Eclipse Gym"; that might make it so there's not a lot of interaction between him and the other players. If, say, he's heavily involved in the fight against Team Universe, that would work. Just so he's not off in a secluded area of the Pokemon World the whole time.

Go ahead and submit your character, and I'll tell you what I think.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Blah. Sorry if anything seems a bit odd in my post; I double checked it and did a brief glance a third time. It looked like everything was in order. Still, I'm rather tired at the moment so if anything doesn't make sense just let me know. I'll also have more to work with once we all start interacting, so it won't seem so bland of a post.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TFairy on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:13 pm

What happened, why isn't anybody posting?

I'm screaming I love you so
â™Ĩ
But my thoughts you can't decode.

TFairy
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:51 pm

I'm waiting for you guys to get to the lab. I can't really do much there by myself; or, I could, but it wouldn't be very interesting as there is not other character interaction. I don't know about everyone else, but that's why I haven't made a secondary post quite yet.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Don't worry, we'll be getting there. I'm still waiting for a few responses regarding starter Pokemon. After that gets sorted out, we'll get into this thing straightaway.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby celtic.archer132 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Still cant PM yet... it bugs me, anyways
My order is

1. Charmander
2. Shinx
3. Eevee
4. squirtle
5. bulbasaur

i changed it a bit, if that's ok

celtic.archer132
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:10 am

Blargh. Sorry about that; I've been out for the past few days doing a variety of different things and I haven't really had time to sit down and look at my RP's until now. I'm caught up on what was going on and made my post, but I can't say it's my best work. I'm still trying to quite work out everything that went on while I esd missing. If you need me to fix anything, just give me a heads up and I will do it.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raikizen on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:39 pm

So... Just wondering, but is anyone else going to be posting anytime soon? Do I need to post something to move the story along? Or shall it die in the midst of sandwich making? 'Twould be a sad, sad end indeed.

Raikizen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:24 pm

I know, that would be a terribly sad ending, wouldn't it? I've been planning on posting, but I was trying to wait long enough for responses about the number thing for two of our members. I even PM'd them. I think that if I don't have a post or some sign of life from them by the end of the week, I'll kick both of them and just pretend that DeeJay never appeared on the beach. (Vivian Namine hasn't even made her appearance yet, so it won't be that tricky).

With that out there, I'll need to be rethinking the structure of the 'important roles' that I had all planned out. I'm not prepared to discuss that yet, though... :b

So, yeah, go ahead and move it along. Let's not linger too much longer on this whole 'do they get Pokemon' point, since we haven't even reached the fun part yet.

Another point... just try to keep it literate. You know who you are if you are being literate already... I hope. If not, I'll be more blatantly obvious: the kids from reality need to start expanding on their writing styles. Just make a few more observations about your surroundings. It's hard to work with a one-liner, and I'm not seeing much more than that from a few of you. Just remember... the better you write, the more information and characterization you include in your posts, the more fun I can make this for you.

With that, I'm off to think of something to post.

Music
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TFairy on Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Sorry I'm late posting, school's being a pain in the rear... as usual. I'll try to post as soon as I can, but it's going to be the weekend at the earliest.

TFairy
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!