Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Psi

Ψ Psi Ψ

a part of “Psi”, a fictional universe by Иanophяeak.

Free your mind.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Psi”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Ψ Psi Ψ

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Ψ
Psi is a plot RP, with a definitive beginning, middle, and end that I have planned out.
The theme is strongly psychic in a modern setting with NPC-to-player combat and character-to-character romantic opportunities.
The locations and events that are to take place will be revealed as you go on.

The rules are:
All posts must occur on the Roleplay in the Roleplay Tab
All OOC must be in this thread.
Non-harmful or non-invasive godmodding is permitted.
Characters must be over age 15.
Character profiles submitted must have the following infosheet in the Description.

Code: Select all
Primary Division:
Secondary Division:
Tendencies:
EP:
Notes:

Please take into account that this form is supposed to be an official document, much like a driver's license. It is called a Psi Card, and you will officially receive one at some point in the RP.

Primary Division is the type of psychic you are in the most general terms. The Primary Divisions are:
Psychokinesis - The causation of physical phenomena through mental focus.
Clairvoyance - The viewing of events or objects through contact or spontaneously.
Telepathy - Interaction with the minds of other humans through your own.

Secondary Division is the more specific type of psychic power you have, within your Primary Division. The breakdown is as follows.

Psychokinesis
Normal - Regular psychokinesis, simple moving of objects.
Pyrokinesis - The manipulation and increase of heat energy.
Cryokinesis - Pyrokinetics who are only able to lower heat energy.
Technopathy - Manipulation and interfacing with computers through the mind (immediate Telepathic tendency). pressing keys with your mind doesn't count
Electropathy - The manipulation and causation of electrical discharge, but not fine-tuned enough to manipulate technology. This also extends to Magnetopathy, since the two are related.

Clairvoyance
Precognition - The foreseeing of future events.
Postcognition - The foreseeing of past events.
For Pre and Postcognition, the Tendencies are Sleep, when visions come only in dreams, Visual, when visions come during the day and overlap the senses, and Constant, when a steady stream of information about the future or past is feeding into the mind.
Psychometry - Immediate knowledge of everything that an object has been exposed to or is going to be exposed to during it's existence by touching it. This applies to humans as well.
Scrying - The viewing of events that are occurring in a given location at the present point in time without removing the consciousness from the body.
Projection - Purposefully removing one's consciousness from the body and moving it to see areas that your physical body cannot.

Telepathy
Normal - The reading of a person's current thoughts.
Empathy - The reading of a person's current feelings and sensations.
Sensopathy - A form of Empathy where it is possible to cause hallucinations that include full touch, smell, and taste.
Memoropathy - The reading and manipulation of a person's memories. (Memoropaths can also read minds, but with a large delay. This delay does not factor into the EP.)

Tendencies are specific trends that are noticed within a certain power, like Memoropaths being only able to read painful memories, Empaths only reading negative emotions (Sociopathy), precognitives only seeing things relating to a certain place, object, or person, and so on.

EP, or Estimated Power, is a scale of one through ten, decimals included, of how strong a psychic someone is in their given field. For Psychokinesis and Memoropathy, this is measured by how much they can effect (e.g. ten pounds of lift vs. 1,000 pounds of lift, remove one year of memory vs. remove ten years of memory), and for Clairvoyance and Telepathy, this is measured by how detailed the visions or readings are (exact coordinates, colors, details, etc.).

Here are the scales for the Primary Divisions:
Psychokinesis
Normal - Measured in terms of how much a person can lift compared to their body weight (body weight must be included after score). Every +1 to the multiple is .5 on the scale, ex. Lift your body weight is 0, lift twice your body weight is 0.5, lift three times is 1, lift 20 times your body weight is 10.
Pyrokinesis - Every degree increase (F) per second is .2 on the scale. A Pyro with a score of 1 can increase an object's temperature 5 degrees per second.
Cryokinesis - Same principle as above except for decrease.
Technopathy - Hard to measure, usually uses ten firewalls of varying strength and complication to measure. One is your typical Windows Firewall, ten is the CIA database. All technopaths can interface with computers as if they were using the mouse and keyboard, though.
Electropathy - The amount of volts the electropath can produce. Every ten volts is .2 on the scale.

Clairvoyance
Precognition - 1 is seeing blurry figures, 10 is being able to recall absolutely everything about the object viewed.
Postcognition - See precognition.
Psychometry - See precognition.
Scrying - See precognition.
Projection - The distance your awareness can move from your body. Every 100 meters is 1 on the scale.

Telepathy
Normal - How fast comprehension of the person's thoughts is. Every 1/4th of a second delay is -1 on the scale, 10 being immediate.
Empathy - How specific emotional readings are. Only being able to differentiate happy and sad, or only able to point to a body part as a source of pain, is 1, where being able to identify several emotions and how strong each one is, where it came from, and being able to pinpoint sources of pain, is a 10.
Sensopathy - Measured on the believability of the simulations.
Memoropathy - How clearly you can see the memories, and how far back you can view. See Precognition.

Notes are one to two sentences explaining how the person's powers have effected their personality or life.

Sample Psi Cards.

Primary Division: Psychokinesis
Secondary Division: Technopathy
Tendencies: Telepathy
EP: 7.5
Notes: Pursued career with Microsoft for some time, chief programmer of Vista.

Primary Division: Telepathy
Secondary Division: Empathy
Tendencies: Sociopathy
EP: 9
Notes: Inability to feel other's joys has lead subject to believe she is the only true, feeling person in the world, and cares little for the lives of others, who in her mind are filled only with hate and despair.
((Side note, for the most part, psychokinetic abilities, excluding Technopathy (which has Tendencies correlating to operating systems, Internet, and other things), don't really have Tendencies. Just put "None."))

Primary Division: Clairvoyance
Secondary Division: Precognition
Tendencies: Danger, Constant
EP: 2
Notes: Subject is largely unmarred by physical wounds due to ability to constantly predict harm to self and those nearby moments in advance.

Please make your posts at the one location in the RP tab, after submitting your characters.
Please do not tl;dr the information above. It's important to the RP, and helps others to know exactly how your character works.
Last edited by Иanophяeak on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(((̴̵̹И̜̏̀͂̅ɐ̴̵͍͍͍̹᷈n̴̵̴̵̹̹᷈᷈o͈̼̜͌͋̐ṕ̴̵̹᷄᷇᷈h҉я͈̼Ǝ̷͚̯̺̐ɐ̶̜̺̗̑҉k)))
(((k҉ɐ̶̜̺̗̑Ǝ̷͚̯̺̐я͈̼h҉͈̼̜͌͋̐ṕ̴̵̴̵̴̵̹̹̹᷄᷇᷈᷈o̴̵̴̵̹̹᷈᷈n͂̅ɐ̴̵̴̵͍͍͍̹̹᷈И̴̵̹)))

このプログラムは、心を持っている。
I can smile.
I am human.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Psi

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Linger on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:48 pm

What would be tendencies for Pyrokinesis & Cryokinesis?...I'm slightly(very) confused there. :/
Code: Select all
[size=95][color=#400080][/color][/size]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Linger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Psychokinetic abilities don't really have Tendencies, except to other psychokinetic abilities. I would just put "None", if I were you.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Linger on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:54 pm

lol, oh thank you...I was sitting here for like 10 minutes like...what can I put for my tendencies. >.<

Linger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:22 am

OK, first off (notice I'm leaving room for the great possibility of additional questions), this isn't a world where psychics are recognized, right? I assumed from the description of Broadway that there was some degree of secrecy.

Hoo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:26 am

Nope. All the psychics are either rounded up into Atlantis or die too quickly for anyone to realize they exist. Try to ask all your questions at once, I left a lot out of the main post to keep people from tl;dr'ing.

EDIT:// Btw, you can start posting immediately on Broadway and Wall. You're just waiting around, so put a bit of background and thoughts into the post.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hoo on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:04 am

Mhhhn. Alright then. Questions, questions...

Alright, say I want to make a Technopath. And by that I mean I intend on making a Technopath.

One, by having the set 'telepathic' tendency, does that mean a Technopath can use it at a distance?
And two, how much of the technology in Atlantis is electronic? Will say, hypothetically (that's bullshit, I will do as much as physically possible), my character feels the need to direct a large vehicle at whoever happens to be standing in front of her. Would said vehicle be within the area?

Not that I'm set on a technopath though. I might just end up with her just envying technopaths.

Hoo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:12 am

Name: Z'haran Ivheri (Say-ran Ivory)
Alias: Z'har (Say-er)

Physical properties:
Tall and athletic, Z'har is nearly six feet tall and weighs in at just over 220 pounds. He struggles with his weight a little, and while he has a well built chest and arms, he is a little flabby about the waist due to detective work lacking physical demand. He carries a pale complexion and shock white hair... whether or not he dyes it, he won't say. Z'har's eyes are an odd shade of red and exhibit luminous properties when he manifests his powers. Tends to keep a professional manner of dress and prefers winter colors.

Personality:
Z'har has a dispassionate and unflappable demeanor even in the face of the most brutal crimes, a trait his teammates describe as: "a little creepy." He is intelligent and calculating and has a knack for saying the most inappropriate things at precisely the wrong time. Z'har is not the department's Public Relations spokesperson. He is often hesitant to use his Psychokinetic powers, preferring to use his department issued firearm unless the situation escalates even though he is quite capable. On an off note, he is quite a trick-shot with said firearm...

Primary Division: Psychokinesis (Normal)
Secondary Division: Psychometry
Tendencies: Sociopathic
EP: 7
Notes: On staff psychic for violent crime and murder investigations.

Edits: Wrong button >.>
Last edited by XianEvermor on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:16 am

Technopaths must have a physical connection to a piece of technology that is connected in some way to the computer they are accessing, be it a keyboard, a wireless mouse, a headset, or even just an earbud. Since Technopathy is a weaker, more fine-tuned version of Magneto/Electropathy, they're using magnetic and electric currents to influence the technology, but these currents are very weak. They can only be projected about an inch from the body. So you'd have to either keep touching the car or be touching something wirelessly connected to the car to make it move.
Most of Atlantis is electronic. They have their own inner network that connects a lot of major systems, but this is closely monitored by the Police to keep Technopaths from meddling. Any more information about this would spoil the plot.

And a mistake that has already been made and I don't want to have made again, you don't know there's more psychics out there, really. You're a lone psychic, and if you want to bring another psy into it, you better be prepared to bring him in the whole way, he's not staying at home. Linger's pyro roommate either has to go or has to come with.
You're in a state of ignorance currently. You don't know that there are any other psychics in the world, unless you've met one, and you don't know anything about psychics, real psychics that is, that you haven't discovered on your own. The info you found told you only enough to interest you into coming to the location, nothing more. The people you're meeting now are the first psychics you should be meeting in your life.

EDIT:// You don't post that here, Xian, you post it in the Characters section on the Roleplay tab at the top, in the Psi symbol.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:54 am

I suppose I have to say this again, and perhaps a bit louder,
CHARACTERS DO NOT KNOW ATLANTIS EXISTS.
CHARACTERS LIVE IN OUR WORLD, ALSO KNOWN AS THIS GREAT RP CALLED EARTH.
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN THEIR LIVES THEY ARE LEARNING OF OTHER PSYCHICS.
UNTIL I GET TO THAT INTERSECTION, YOU KNOW NOTHING EXCEPT A VAGUE IDEA OF YOUR OWN POWERS.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Re: Ψ Psi Ψ

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:38 pm

You can start making your first posts on the tab. Our current location is here, which you have come to following a post on an online message board that described people with powers uncannily similar to your own. It was convincing enough to pull you from your home to New York City, where you await the arrival of your informant.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Linger on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Oh I was hoping that someone would have made a pyro already for me to be roommates with...oh well. I'll change it for right now, though if we get a pyro I think it would be cool to be roommates. :D

Okay, I'll post shortly.

Linger
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:56 pm

I just realized that people actually posted. The Roleplay tab doesn't give notifications when posts are made on it to the people subscribed, so make sure you check it often.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:24 pm

I'll try and get something up tonight.

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy World Builder

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:58 pm

The cutoff for character submissions and first posts is tomorrow, Feburary 23rd, 9:00PM EST. Get your character and at least your first post made by then, or you will not be able to progress further within the story. For those of you already in, you have a couple posts you can get in until then.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:18 pm

What happened to my posters? Are we dead? Because if we are, that was a really disappointing run :/ Barely got a single post out of anyone. And that was with much prodding.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XianEvermor on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:58 am

I'm sorry, I have a life. the weekend is a busy time for me to post.

XianEvermor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:32 pm

Gar. To the rest of you, I'm not going to be avalible to poke you into posting until tomorrow at noon. It would tickle the depths of my heart if you could both manage to get your posts in by then. And if you've lost interest because it's been slow so far, here's the solution:
Post and make it less slow.

Either way, it's going to be getting interesting soon. As soon as we all get into Atlantis, I'm going to get the fighting started.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!