Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Hunters

Dragon Hunters

a part of “Dragon Hunters”, a fictional universe by Chari.

The peace between dragons and humans is beginning to crumble. It's up to the Dragon Hunters to make peace once again.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragon Hunters”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Dragon Hunters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:35 pm

It was back in the 1400’s that dragons were first discovered to be real. Dragons have probably existed for as long as we humans have, perhaps longer, but that is something that has never really been discussed in all the talks that have ever happened between the races. The main reason for this is that the races have always been at odds, and had been in a near constant, if secret, war. The “Dragon Hunters” were first formed as the human races defense against dragons, and they had been on the frontlines for as long as the war went on. The war lasted all the way up until the 1930’s, were a different sort of war put everything on hold. After the human conflict was over, dragons and humans relationship started to improve. The war was no longer, and the job of the Dragon Hunters began to change. It became an organization that maintained the peace between dragons and humans, consisting of representatives of both races. But not everyone was happy with this peace…

Recently, the peace between the races had begun to erode. Humans and dragons are now sporadically fighting, with Dragon Hunters rushing to bring back the peace. The Hunters and the Snow Dragons are about to make an agreement to do all they must to bring back the peace. And this is where our story starts…

Ok, enough with the exposition. This is a fantasy RP (obviously), consisting of mainly humans and dragons. I will allow other races, just please run it by me first. The kinds of dragons so far are Snow Dragons (Arctic), European Dragons, Eastern Dragons, American Dragons (they have wings but no legs, kind like a combo of Euro and East. Plus they have feathers or fur instead of scales), Wyverns (Africa)(they have hind legs, but no fore legs) and Water Dragons (they live in the oceans, but not the Arctic or the ones near Antarctica. Some have wings, legs, and the whole nine-yards, but some only have wings, and some have none at all, but can still fly. They're usually deep blue. They breath water). Dragons can breath fire (or ice for snow dragons), fly, they can transform to human form, and live for a long time. Humans can use magic, weapons, and have other special abilities. You can play any side you want (i.e. a Dragon Hunter, one of the fighters between races, part of one of the Dragon kingdoms), and be aware that Dragon Hunters usually work in pairs. If you want your character to be dragon royalty, tell me. There can be as many dragon royalty as we need, but kings and queens would need to be a special effort on the part of the player, as in a very good description for them and good skills at playing. Um... I think that’s everything important. Oh, also, if you feel the game is progressing too slowly, drop a line in the OOC or PM me and I’ll get it moving again as soon as I can. PS, if you really want to make your own mythical race, talk to me about it. I don't really want elves or dwarfs or the cliche trappings of a normal high fantasy, but I wouldn't mind to many others. Just keep in mind the story revolves around the relationship between mankind and the dragon race.

For parts that I want you to fill out in the character sheets, the things I need are:
Name
Race
Association
Bio [optional, but preferred]: (please, at least have something in your head. If you don’t write a bio, at least write any special abilities.)
Other than that, go wild.

Rules:
1. I'm sure you've heard this before, but no Mary Sues.
2. Again, obvious, but no god modding. I reserve the right to flip out on god modders.
3. No killing other people unless you discuss it with them.
4. Romance is fine, but you know the drill; keep it PG, guys.
5. Be able to form legible sentences and string them together into paragraphs. I don't want to have to translate stuff on my RP from Gibberish to English.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Dragon Hunters

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:51 pm

If anyone makes a Dragon Hunter, the slot for Rachel's partner is open right now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:29 pm

It is now officially started up, folks. To anyone who was thinking about joining, you're still welcome. Newcomers can come at any time!

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:12 pm

I have a rough chara made, almost ready to clic on the submit profile button, just one question can dragons players been on the other side ? Or they end as neutrals if not being of the snow dragons?
|| Now I know that I´m the bane of my existence...||
True Story

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Um... I'm not quite sure what you re asking, but the the dragons can be on any side they want. This treaty was to encompass all the dragons at least a little bit. There are, of course, rouge factions that don't want to make a treaty with the humans, and humans who feel the same way about the dragons. I hope I answered your question, but if I didn't, just tell me.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Question answered perfectly, sorry about not being clear I have been face desking my face for about 15 min, doing the amount of work of seven people that think that they can pass the class just staring at the test sheet, ok then finishing chara now (changing stuff so it´s not OP) if something is wrong with it just tell me to change it.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:41 pm

It looks fine. Glad to have an evil dragon. I have a group of evil humans I can see just hating her. Anyway, can anyone think of any mythical place in North America? I need an idea.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Nice! Evil dragons enters the show! About the place how about the Grand Canyon used as a place where a huge battle happened (this suddenly sounds like the Great Sundering of WoW...) ok let me think... how about using the Window Rock as a place of self discovery, well maybe isn´t all mythical but it´s better than using pyramids... I think.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myrlin on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:59 pm

mythical places in North America?
how about the Niagara Falls, the Rockies, the Badlands, Death Valley, or maybe the Great Appalachian Valley with its karst topography.
hurrah for Geography!

Myrlin
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:02 pm

Not famous places, mythological as in places like Atlantis or Shangri-La. Places that don't exist in real life, but do in stories. But I like Grand Canyons as a battle site idea. i might do something with that. And Niagara might be something else too. Right now, I'm doing capitals for the dragon races, so i need legendary cities and such.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:17 pm

I was planning to post but I just don´t find where to (lol), and Europe itslef sounds a little random can I ask for a "stronghold" for all the bad side dragons called "Rennes-le-Echarus"? Place it where you find it fitting (doesn´t need to be in Europe): yeah planning to upgrade the place.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightning Flash on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Mythological North America? How about Fountain of Youth or El Dorado. el Dorado is supposed to be in S. America but we could change that.

Lightning Flash
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Lightning Flash wrote:Mythological North America? How about Fountain of Youth or El Dorado. el Dorado is supposed to be in S. America but we could change that.

I did El Dorado in S .America already, so prob the Fountain. And shattered, you'll have the fortress before I leave. I prob won't be back for a few hours.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Myrlin on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:30 pm

i thought about Turtle Island (the first nation's name for N. America) but Fountain of Youth sounds cooler

Myrlin
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Thanks for the stonghold! It may be a little dissapointing for now but it will be bigger, a real bastion against all that are going against Drezsa´s group... I better start thinking in good defenses it feels ike I have the whole world against me.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:53 pm

No problem. What are you planning to do with your evil dragon group? PM your ideas so that I can help get them into the plot and I can discuss story with the evil dragons and such.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Ok I was planning to do that, to ask for questions and suggestions I´m only removing all the things that sound like nonsense (meaning a lot of things )

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cadet.scholl on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:03 am

where is everyone?I just need to know.

cadet.scholl
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:19 am

Let´s see quick review :

Sync and Ami ( Chari´s charas), along with Rachel (Lightning chara) and Elenoara (Sonara chara) are in Jotunheim in the sign of peace between humans and dragons (heading to be a fail.)

Drezsa (My chara) is flying around Rennes-le-Echarus (baddies base) and Zenn (Myrilin chara) is... somewhere (he posted in the world in general).

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:51 pm

I might not be able to post tomorrow as someone is absconding with my laptop. I'll try to post tonight, but I feel as sick as a dog and my mental capacities are suffering.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!