Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gotham's Darkest Hour(Closed)

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

Gotham's Darkest Hour(Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:22 pm

This is a Private RP between Chulance & Sirus Baren.

Bruce Wayne...a name many people all around the world knew. Bruce Wayne...one of the richest people in the world, due to owning Wayne Industries one of the most successful companies in the world. So Successful that only one other company could compete with it aka Lexcorp. A company formed by Bruce's most well known rival, and former President of the United States Lex Luthor. This particular billionaire sat alone on a comfy red couch, in a large room. The only light in the room came from a fire burning in the chimney area.

Bruce sighed, as he reached over to pick up glass filled with Champaign. Over the past three years, Bruce had found himself heavily addicted to alcoholic beverages. He didn't know if it was his conscience, or if like Alfred said a way to drown out the memories of his old activities. See Bruce wasn't your average man, he was once known as the costumed super hero Batman. A man over half the Law Enforcement in Gotham considered a lunatic, and now..one of the most missed lunatic's in Gotham. Only a few of Bruce's closest friends knew the reason for his retirement, as he had even cut off all ties he had with the team known as the Justice League.

Bruce had decided he was no longer fit to be the protector of Gotham, and his side kick's had taken over. But as time went on, and crime rates rose higher Bruce figured his disciple's weren't doing a pretty good job. He'd also grown into a semi state of depression, believing he'd not left Gotham into good hands. He had not however given up on the world, and instead had started various projects to help people. He'd become known as Good Will Wayne. It was then, that he stood up, and placed his bottle of champaign down. Great..another project, what is it this time..oh right donating money to GPD(Gotham Police Department). With that the former super hero, headed outside..his dark "Hiding place".
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Gotham's Darkest Hour(Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:56 pm

Anna Kantor was probably the nicest person in Gotham. She was wealthy, very much so, but she had lived a hard life before her wealth. She had no idea of the inheritance she was to receive from her late grandfather and so she had lived her life like much of Gotham's people. She hated seeing others suffer, so she was always volunteering, she enjoyed it, but now as she realized her wealth (she had enough that it would be impossible for one person to spend in one life time) she decided to do something with it.

That was how Anna found herself the creator of several non-profit organizations to help Gotham struggle to their feet. She was a little sad when Batman had retired. Some thought he had died, others thought he went into hiding, but those with no hope just believed that he had abandoned them to Gotham's worst. Batman was the shining light, but that light had been out for three years.

Anna sighed as she entered the large and spacious room. Several of Gotham's wealthiest were gathered. They didn't like spending their money unless they benefitted, but as Bruce Wayne had suddenly become so generous, they felt they had an obligation to it.

Anna was fascinated by Mr. Wayne, and she hoped she'd be able to meet him there at the function for the police. She saw several bribed officers and officials. It made her sick as she saw the darkness in their eyes. She felt alone, and even unprotected, in Gotham. She had a firm desire to save everyone, so she stayed.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:46 pm

Bruce exited his room, something he truly wouldn't have done if he had a choice. He'd always been a reclusive fellow, but this condition had only gotten worse over the past three years. He wanted to give, but he didn't want to do speeches. Of course that didn't stop him, he wasn't about to deal with the press speaking of how.. the so called. He'd spoken with his butler Alfred earlier, and with his help he'd come up with a short speech. He looked around the area, everything was going according to plan.

The Professional Pianists he hired were playing delightful tunes, and fresh drinks were being served. Several dishes were spread around smoked ham, turkey, Macaroni and Cheese, Greens, it looked like someone had cooked Thanksgiving dinner in the middle of June. However he wasn't concerned with the food, some of the most wealthiest people in Gotham had come to attend this "dinner party/ charity ball". Basically he was too lazy to invent a proper name for this get together.

Bruce walked up onto the stadium, and took the microphone from the stand. He took a deep breath, before he began his speech. "Hello Citizens of Gotham City, my name is Bruce Wayne. Many of you know me as the owner of Wayne Industries, a man focused on improving modern day technology. However I want to do more then just improve technology, I want to help push the next generation to get a better education, and of course I want to help the Gotham Police Department deal with the rising crime rates. There are many reasons for this auction, one of them being that my parents were murdered infront of me when I was only a boy. With that note I hope Gotham's Wealthiest also decide to support this cause, as it could save many of lives, including your own." With that Bruce put the microphone down, and took a quick bow as people began to clap.

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:02 pm

Anna was quite busy in a conversation with Jordan Spelder. Well actually she wasn't, he was doing all the talking. Apparently people with ridiculous wealth enjoyed boasting about it. She kept a smile on her face, as she didn't want to be rude, but she rolled her eyes when he wasn't looking. He was boring, beyond belief, and she was contemplating about stabing herself so at least he'd shut up, but she realized he'd probably just go on talking about his investments in the medical industry and how he'd assign someone to give her help.

"Oh look, Mr. Wayne!" she said and politely excused herself. She watched the young businessman with interest as he stood up to speak. She folded her arms lightly, one hand holding an empty champagne glass. She raised her brow as the speech was rather short and soon everyone was clapping before she realized that his speech really was over. She shook her head for a moment before she decided now was her best chance to speak to him before he disappeared or some reporter cornered him.

"I take it you either aren't a man of many words Mr. Wayne, or you really don't like public speaking." She said lightly as she stood next to him. She waited for him to face her before she extended her hand. "I'm Anna Kantor, but you don't have to remember my name." She said off hand before smiling at him. She was surprised at his appearance. He looked exhausted up close, and she could see the emotional turmoil behind his eyes. It made her rather sad, but she kept her smile.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:21 am

(Sorry, I was busy. I'm back for the private. I won't abandon it, it's just RL, and the other two RP's I run)

Bruce looked at the crowd clapping, not spotting many smiles. Many of the richer residents of Gotham cared little for the city, only coming to these gathering to gain public support when they got involved in politics, or for sheer relaxation. Bruce was one who enjoyed giving, of course some would say being one of top ten richest men on earth he could afford to give away money left and right. However he was glad to get that object out of his hand, one of the items he'd grown to hate Microphone's.

As he stepped off the stage, the press went on the attack. This one of the few times he missed his dual identity, a chance to escape the life hounded by reporters, and media everywhere he went. Although, to be fair he didn't exactly get a normal life when he dressed up in a bat costume. However this time Bruce's security team came to the rescue, an advantage of being a civilian the armed men were on your side. However this didn't stop Anna Kantor from getting beside him, he didn't mind of course..she wasn't press, she was a guest.

Bruce nodded "I suppose it's a mixture of both, and the fact that there isn't much to say. I need people to donate, that's the message. If Gotham's finest can afford fancy sports cars, and million dollar home's in this economy, they can give money to the police." He turned to face her, he didn't want to be offensive. "Of course I'm not saying all of Gotham's finest are money whore's," He managed to form a smile..Anna Kantor was one of the main contributors to some of his many charity productions. He didn't enjoy conversation, but he didn't want to turn off his donators either. "It's nice to meet you Mrs. Kantor, you can call me Bruce if you'd like. I apologize for my rant, I know your one of the few who give and receive money. Would you like a drink?" You can do this..Bruce one short conversation, then you can vanish..before the press gets here.

Chulance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 pm

((That's okay :) ))

Anna looked at Bruce carefully. "Yes I suppose you are right about that. There isn't too much to say without saying too much and scaring them away." She agreed easily. She knew that Bruce was passionate. He was rich, and lived a very lavish life, but he had more than enough money for himself and was constantly writing out huge checks to charities. She liked that about him. He had a lot, but it didn't affect his head like the others. It made him more human and likeable. He never flaunted his wealth, or bragged that he was well in the top 10 richest men group.

"Oh certainly not!" she said with a small laugh as Bruce smiled. "But you can't deny that many of them are that way. It is a little sickening, but what can you do?" she shrugged her shoulders. She smiled softly as he spoke. "Well it's an absolute pleasure to meet you in person. I've done a lot around this city, and these charity balls, but I've never been able to introduce myself before." She said lightly. "It's Ms. Kantor actually." She said with a smile.

"Don't apologize about your rant, I fully agree with you. It would make me a hypocrite to accept your apology." She could see that he was eager to escape the crowds. "I don't care for your opinion Bruce, you could tell me to pack it up and get to Shang Hai and I would still donate. If I were you, which I'm not but still, I think I'd want to leave too." She didn't blame him for wanting to escape the large crowd, especially with the press coming soon. "I could create a diversion for you if you want." She winked.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:06 am

(Thanks, I still feel sorta bad..:( . Anyway what if Batman was dating Catwoman, and Joker killed her? It's a good storyline..that means Bruce will not agree with going around in costume, and second it's one less cannon to play? What do you think about that?)

Bruce looked on, the security team had saved him from the first onslaught of reporters, but there was no doubt in his mind the press would break through. And I'm stuck playing Mr. Nice, guy Alfred would be proud. Heck, he's probably enjoying this. He nodded, it was sad what the wealthier side of society was evolving into. He'd seen that path many times back when he still masqueraded around as a Bat. "Oh, well I do what I can? Donating to the police helps a lot, you know?"

Bruce had always been against the Gotham Police Department, being Batman. Most of them were corrupt, however Lex Luthor was donating money to the Metropolis Police Department, and perhaps with most money GPD, still corrupt would be able to prevent more crimes. It was a sad day, when police had to be bribed to do their jobs. Bruce nodded "Sorry then Ms. Kantor, hearing gets worse every day. It comes with the age, " He was shocked that there was another rich person who agreed with his "rantings".

He use to do more public speaking, he sometimes did interviews as Batman..but that was a whole other story. "Diversion?" That might cause more attention, then me simply leaving. Bruce was about to speak up, when his butler Alfred walked over two drinks in his hands. "Ello Mr. Wayne, ello Ms. Kampor, I'm glad you've got Bruce talking. Bruce resisted the urge to slam Alfred down to the floor, he was Forcing him into..speaking to this woman. He gave in, he didn't want to cause a sign. Alfred handed one of the drink's to Bruce, and the other..to Anna. Perhaps..some drinks..and talking would be nice..god knows it's getting boring up in that library...but then again. Joker might pop up, still Hal gave that ring..so I should be fine..

Chulance
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirius Baren on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:25 pm

((Catwoman? Well that's certainly an interesting angle. I like it!))

Anna smiled and laughed a little. "Yes, it does help." She frowned for a moment. "I'm not sure where you stand on the matter, but I think that our city is really starting to feel the hurt with Batman gone. Everyone either is pro or con towards him. Sure the police may not have liked him, but at least he wasn't corrupt or subject to bribery." She sighed before quickly flashing him a smile. "I'm sorry." She quickly apologized as she realized that Batman was a touchy topic for everyone, the police and the rich especially.

Anna couldn't help but smirk slightly as Mr. Wayne's butler had come into view and spoke. "Yes, I suppose getting him to talk is wonderful, but it isn't that stimulating of a conversation." She glanced over Bruce's shoulder and sighed at the thought of having to talk. She didn't like it either. Bruce had to speak in front of everyone, but Anna had to speak politically to a variety of people.

"Well I've enjoyed meeting you Mr. Wayne, but I must leave you now." She said before turning to head back into the crowd where she saw the chairman of one of the charities she donated to, obviously looking for her.

Sirius Baren
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:09 am

(Thanks Sirius)

Bruce nodded he was growing upset at the Gotham Police Department, but there was no reason to cause a dispute. Even Superman thought dealing with the crime in Gotham was insane, and he had every super power in the book. He shrugged, keeping his cool. He never knew Batman was helpful, but he had to admit back when heroes were still active in Gotham, things were much better. Of course Robin & Nightwing were still active, but it just wasn't the same. "It's okay..I suppose Batman was better, but it's not like we can depend..on costumed people forever"

Alfred paused. Well...At least Mr. Wayne talked more, I won't forget my mission Clark. "Well what could you expect at a place like this?" Bruce just nodded, trying not to snap at his best friend. Bruce was glad when Anna walked away "Good bye" He said, and waited until she was no longer seen in the vast crowd of people. "Okay then Alfred, what was that? Alfred shrugged" A way to get you to talk, something you haven't been doing" Bruce nodded "Right, now let me get out of here" Bruce got to his knee's, moving to escape the crowd.

(Okay then...we need a plan, I was thinking Bruce is at a restaurant..two days from now, and Anna's at the same one, and they meet up?)

Chulance
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!