Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

From the Ashes...

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

From the Ashes...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead Messiah on Mon May 19, 2008 8:49 pm

My name is Jason, you can call me that, or you can call me whatever you wish. I'm nineteen, and I go to college. I am majoring in English and minoring in Psychology. As a profession, I plan to be a writer.

I spend a lot of time alone, so I guess you call me a 'loner' -- as it's hard for me to get close to people. I spend a lot of time writing stories and playing and writing music. Music is something I turn to if I get stuck on a project I'm working on, or most recently, lose an entire 20-page story that I've been working on for months. Or it can really be just for fun, if nothing else.

Music has been very important to me, and in a way has kept me from going insane. From an early age, my family got me started on it. Guitar came first from age 6 and it grew to me wanting to learn music theory on piano. From there, bass guitar and drums just flowed in when I was in the early teens.

Aside from music and writing, I like movies, if I ever have the time to watch them. One of the most influential movies for me was The Exorcist. I remember watching it as a child, and being afraid of Linda Blaire being possessed by the devil. A lot of my stories, poems and songs challenge faith and looks at religion in a darker way, so I really connect with the movie. Growing up, I was afraid of being possessed by the devil, where as now, I'm afraid of being possessed by ignorance.

My writing style focuses around the dark areas of life and society, and when I role play, I tend to take on a darker character, because I feel I can really connect with that person. I tend to stick with my personality for every character, but I'm trying to start choosing personalities very different from my own. But it is fun imagining yourself in those situations.

Nonetheless, feel free to ask any questions, and thanks for reading.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dead Messiah
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: From the Ashes...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSX on Mon May 19, 2008 9:31 pm

1st! JUST KIDDING! Welcome! :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BSX
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon May 19, 2008 10:11 pm

cheers mate, welcome to this little corner of the twilight zone.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Tue May 20, 2008 8:00 am

I feel that the darker side of life is a horribly useless part of the emotional spectrum to look up, as humanity should be optimistic, as we have managed to beat the odds, and fight the impossible for so long, that anything is possible, and the future gateways are endless! We must fight the darkness, and turn it into the power of the pure and undying light! Show them our hot blooded passion, the soul of steel, the Steel Savior!

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Tue May 20, 2008 8:43 am

Haha, Ryand. I love your spunk.

Welcome to our humble abode here, Jason. It's certainly great to have you on the team. We have a lot to offer here in the ways of dark RPs and characters, but as you said, I hope you'll experiment with those characters and personalities that are outside of your box. I find that I've become a better RPer by playing around with the kind of characters that I normally wouldn't see myself playing.

I love your intro. I am glad you decided to tell us so much about yourself, because that helps us get to know you better from the start.

I hope to see you often around the forums. If you ever need any assistance, any of the staff will be happy to help. I am on pretty often and am just a PM away if you need me.

Again, glad to have you, and I hope you like it here. :)
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead Messiah on Tue May 20, 2008 11:11 am

Ryand-Smith wrote:I feel that the darker side of life is a horribly useless part of the emotional spectrum to look up, as humanity should be optimistic, as we have managed to beat the odds, and fight the impossible for so long, that anything is possible, and the future gateways are endless! We must fight the darkness, and turn it into the power of the pure and undying light! Show them our hot blooded passion, the soul of steel, the Steel Savior!

Every good person has a darker side, just like every dark person has a lighter side. What does humanity have to be optimistic about? Humanity is at its peak, and is slowly heading downwards.

I like to challange people, and the norm. I like to intiate thought, intelligence, and fear, that's why I challange people. Also, it gives me a bit of sadistic pleasure from scaring people, if nothing else.

In the darker side of life, there can be passion, and there are gateways. It has brought me thus far, and if it has worked for me, why change?

Angel_Melfina wrote:Welcome to our humble abode here, Jason. It's certainly great to have you on the team. We have a lot to offer here in the ways of dark RPs and characters, but as you said, I hope you'll experiment with those characters and personalities that are outside of your box. I find that I've become a better RPer by playing around with the kind of characters that I normally wouldn't see myself playing.

I love you intro. I am glad you decided to tell us so much about yourself, because that helps us get to know you better from the start.

I hope to see you often around the forums. If you ever need any assistance, any of the staff will be happy to help. I am on pretty often and am just a PM away if you need me.

Again, glad to have you, and I hope you like it here. :)

Thank you... I've been looking around, and see that a lot of the role plays seem too far along for me to join in, so it has put me off. I'm also too nervous to start my own Role Play, for the time being. But maybe I'll message some people and ask if I can join in, give a bio and join in when I can.

I'll probably take advantage of your offer for assistance, when I need it. Thank you, once again.

Dead Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Tue May 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Ohohohoho. Welcome. Welcome and you may join my new RP I just made in Realistic. Wow. That was a coincidence, you are interested in realistic RP. Yay.

Anyways, as to see that you are a loner, I am too, in a way, I don't seem to get close to people that well, and some of my friends now used to thought that I was a vampire because I always keep myself in my dorm room. >.<
And anyways, welcome in.

chou.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Tue May 20, 2008 12:15 pm

My god kid, we aren't near our peak. We haven't even gone to space yet, conquered the vast dune plains of Mars, Built a bunch of LaGrange points, found out the secrets of Fusion and thermonuclear power! We are no where close to "As Gods" and that can change! Besides fear is a weak emotion, which can be defeated by the power of Courage! Fear is the mind taker, after all. Anything that cannot change, will not survive, and we humans are quite flexible creatures

Ryand-Smith
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dead Messiah on Tue May 20, 2008 12:34 pm

Ryand-Smith wrote:My god kid, we aren't near our peak. We haven't even gone to space yet, conquered the vast dune plains of Mars, Built a bunch of LaGrange points, found out the secrets of Fusion and thermonuclear power! We are no where close to "As Gods" and that can change! Besides fear is a weak emotion, which can be defeated by the power of Courage! Fear is the mind taker, after all. Anything that cannot change, will not survive, and we humans are quite flexible creatures

We never will be gods. And Humanity doesn't change, it changed everything else to fit it's needs. Many of the things you state will never been seen, for we are too selfish to explore the realm outside the mirror.

Dead Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BSX on Tue May 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Dead Messiah wrote:
Thank you... I've been looking around, and see that a lot of the role plays seem too far along for me to join in, so it has put me off. I'm also too nervous to start my own Role Play, for the time being. But maybe I'll message some people and ask if I can join in, give a bio and join in when I can.

I was nervous when I made my RP based off Soul Calibur, but the help team will offer assistance when asked. Oh and people do explore the realm beyond they mirror just have to find them. ^.~

BSX
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!