Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Greater Than Demons

Greater Than Demons

a part of “Greater Than Demons”, a fictional universe by Juvenile-River.

Angels, good and evil, enter into the world of the humans

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Greater Than Demons”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Greater Than Demons

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:04 am

This is the OOC topic for the roleplay "Greater Than Demons"

This RPG is about the battles between angels and demons, and the humans at the center of it.

Feel free to discuss this topic out-of-character here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Greater Than Demons

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:49 am

Ill try and make a angel character some time soon. Don't hold me to it I am busy at the moment so I might have to withdraw that.
To kill or not to kill.... Hardly even a question.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 am

I have always had a soft spot for angel and demonic rps but I have a couple of questions I would like answered first. First of all when you mean the Angels and Demons can take on human form am I to assume they have a primary form aka a true form that they assume when amongst their own. And secondly would it be possible to create a Sparda type demon ( Sparda from Devil the May Cry series). You know sort of the classic anti-demon type demon if you know what I mean.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Can I just point out to you that instead of true demons they are just fallen angels as demons.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Depending on which religion you subscribe to all demons are fallen angels. After all Lucifer ( at least according to most branches of Christianity and Jewish faiths) who is arguably the original demon is a fallen angel himself. And if we are to take into consideration the fact a third of the hosts of heaven fell with him it is thus that all the original demons are themselves fallen angels as well. However there is talk so called lesser demos where created by the original demons and thus are not fallen angels. Even hell itself according to most Judo-Christan beliefs was created as a separate realm/prison for Lucifer and his fallen angels i.e The original demons.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:39 pm

^^^What he said.

Let me just say, though, that this RPG does not represent what I think real angels and demons are like. For example, in the Bible Jesus implied that angels did not come in male and female like we do. I took the creative license to change a few things.

I'm happy to see that two players are already showing interest in this RPG. Looking forward to reading some character profiles. Speaking of which, I still need to make mine. I tend to prefer playing the bad guy, so I'll most likely make a demon, but I may make a good angel or a human character too.

Derek Smith wrote:I have always had a soft spot for angel and demonic rps but I have a couple of questions I would like answered first. First of all when you mean the Angels and Demons can take on human form am I to assume they have a primary form aka a true form that they assume when amongst their own. And secondly would it be possible to create a Sparda type demon ( Sparda from Devil the May Cry series). You know sort of the classic anti-demon type demon if you know what I mean.

1. Yes, but an angel's "true form" is not dramatically different from their human form. A demon in his or her true form, for example, may have black wings, long fingers with sharp black nails, and red eyes. I'm not a big fan of the animal-shaped demons in mythology. But really, an angel or demon are always in true form, but they may create an illusion to hide their wings, halos and such from humans.

EDIT: Oh, and demons can have horns too. I'm okay with horns.

2. You mean like a demon who hunts after his own kind. Well, it's possible I suppose, but unlikely. Demons are limited to actions in two worlds, Earth and Hell. If a traitorous demon ever dies and return to Hell to recuperate, they wouldn't exactly be welcomed home. So this would put that demon in an bad position. But this demon could try to make his permanent home on earth and try hard not to die. I can imagine what with the kind of chaotic society that Hell is, there would be a few "trouble makers."

If you want to make an anti-demon character, you have my permission.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:16 am

I will soon make that character.. And yeah I know about Abbadon or Satan or what ever name you want to give him. I go to a christian school so I know most of that bible stuff. I believe somewhere in the bible it leads on that Satan and his followers were 'mutated' by Satan's pure evil and the rests near pure evil.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:19 am

Okay done added the character. Hope you like it, If you have any questions or want me to change anything just ask me.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:01 am

I've approved both characters. The only problem I have with one of them is very minor.

Pericoloso's profile says that Alan was in a position of second in command. In this RPG, the ranking system is a little less rigid. Some angels are of higher rank than others, but to call one second-in-command implies a bit of favoritism on God's part.

Like I said, though, this is very minor. I understand it as Pericoloso was simply of high rank.

Now we need some human characters. I'll probably make one later.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Okay I see what you mean lol, Ill change that later I was just messing around with that to see what you had ment by ranking system.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:24 pm

We now have two new characters, both of them humans. That brings our count to...

5 total characters
4 players
1 angel
2 demons (including an anti-demon)
2 humans

This is good enough to start with, but I will wait a few more hours (maybe one more day) to begin.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Okay sounds good.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:58 pm

Okay, I've made the opening post. Now let's get started.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:29 pm

WOOOOOOO. yay.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:55 pm

Um sorry about the house thing at the end. You didn't say were he went after he killed the angel so I just made up a place.

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:58 pm

thepsycoman wrote:Um sorry about the house thing at the end. You didn't say were he went after he killed the angel so I just made up a place.

Don't worry about it. I didn't really have any plans. Whatever hasn't been posted is pretty much free game.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabricati.Diem on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:45 pm

I must assume everyone is in the same city by now?
Only those with their feet on rock can build castles in the air.

Fabricati.Diem
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thepsycoman on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:08 am

Is anyone still here?

thepsycoman
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!