Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dysmas Academy

Dysmas Academy

a part of “Dysmas Academy”, a fictional universe by IceFoxJess.

A school where those born with magic learn. Though one would think they wouldn’t have much to worry about besides life and school. Oh how wrong are they...Trouble lurks around every corner

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dysmas Academy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Dysmas Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IceFoxJess on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Dysmas Academy Tab!

Tabel of Content
Code: Select all
+~Intro~+
+~Setting~+
+~Little look in on the school and about Dorms~+
+~A better look at Olashia~+
---------
What's in tab
------------
+~Profile Sheet~+{Students and Teachers}
+~”The Schools rules”~+
+~The Class‘s/Class Year~+
+~Little on magic~+
-Rules-

~----- ~/*\~ -----~

Dysmas Academy...What a beautiful place; a safe haven and a renowned institute, in many magic circles. Though why is Dysmas so renowned one may ask? It is one of the few academy's that teach and protect those born, holding the gift of magic. You see, these gifted ones have many dangers outside that of the norm...Be that of the monsters that seem to prowl for the taste of their blood, or of ‘those‘, who seems to thirst for powers ’they’ was never given....Though as said before, Dysmas was built for the purpose to protect them from such things...Though, even though they know little of their dangers, they know much of what it is like to be a student, be it the schools rivaling team, of clubs, of class's, of...love...Even if it is often turn from such, to the...unique, but without so, it would not be Dysmas academy. Now what is to happen in our little tale? What is around every corner? We will just have to wait and see, as our little tale of magic, of mystery, unfolds before us....

-----------------
Setting
-----------------

This is set in a magic realm called Olashia. It is a separate realm from the one we live in today, which is called the mortal or human realm, but both are in the modern time. Olashia is filled with diverse, magical, and mythical creatures of all shapes and forms. Everything from the spirited Fae, and fairies to the Drakes and dragon. From Nekos, Inus, Okamis, and Kitsumes, to Aquerias, and mer-people, every creature of legend and fairy tales, even dark creatures such as Demons and fallen angels and the light one such as Angels and others of there kind. Diverse races strewn about the land. A land full of magic, who’s technology is powered my the organic magic molecules in the atmosphere, while now a days the study of non organic molecules have come far, close to replacing organic, but the organic being a renewable source makes this study somewhat redundant.

-----------------
Little look in on the school and about Dorms
-----------------

{Just random bits and pieces. Also sorry that only a couple are anime, there’s not many good ones out there.}

What school looks like is at the top.

Ballroom, Library, Pond on grounds, Bridge over river on grounds, Large tree on grounds, some of the flowers in the Garden, Garden Maze, Lake in forest, Waterfall in forest, A little path in forest

The Dorms [i]are co-ed. Each person has their own room, but they have to share a bathroom with someone of the opposite sex. Also the dorms have, two dorm advisors one male and one female, and the dorm has a common room, or entertainment room, is another thing to call it. The magic realm does have TV, stereos, I-pods. and such, since they do have forms of technology but they are run off a different power source, magic photons, a renewable source of energy.}
The teacher live in a different dorm building of sorts that's on the opposite side of the campus. The only teachers that live in the dorms are two; one male and one female who keep an eye on the students.

Girls Room, boy's room

|
[Room 110]{Open!}
{Bathroom}
[Room 112]{Open!}
|
[Room 114]{Open!}
{Bathroom}
[Room 116]{Open!}
|
[Room 118]Ray Phillips/Impster
{Bathroom}
[Room 120]Sienna Lachlan/TatterdXPrincess
|

|
[Room 109]Cera Nisus/Vain
{Bathroom}
[Room 111]Ryden Rains/Lycos
|
[Room 113]Scarlet Lockheart/IceFoxJess
{Bathroom}
[Room 115]Derik Louis/Tyroi
|
[Room 117]{Open!}
{Bathroom}
[Room 119]{Open!}
|

-----------------
A better look at Olashia
-----------------

{Credit given to my Co-GM Shattered Mind}
1=Towns[Kiupiont|
|Sailate|
|Mistholt|
|Athal|{Fisher town the, the one in the lake on map. The lake is called Astrel Lake, AKA star lake because of the many florescent fish and bugs that show up at night}
|Fieshire]

2=Academies[Dysmas Academy|
|Shaola Academy|
|Ilail Academy|
|Gavalar Academy]

3=Ruins[Kinsa|
|Lucal|
|Ophen|
|Kttel|
|Novia|
|Placel]

[b]4=Olashia capital city{where the council also resides.}Rihiss city
{Before you ask why there are places missing from the map...Well that's a secret, all you need to know is we know XD}[/center]
Last edited by IceFoxJess on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Schools back in, so I'm gonna take a bit longer then usual, sorry.
I'm sorry to everyone I've faild so far...Life is hetic lately...I'm so tierd anymore. Please don't be mad at me I'm sure I'll fix everything soon. If you want to yell at me feel free.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IceFoxJess
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Dysmas Academy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenSnowman on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:47 pm

Just out of curiosity... is that "coroner" part supposed to be a pun or just a typo ;.;

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FrozenSnowman
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IceFoxJess on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:28 pm

Well thats an embaressment...Well depends how you look at it...I might kill off a few NPC's in the future. Why and when is my little secreat, but in truth total typo. >.<;

IceFoxJess
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IceFoxJess on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:37 pm

PS
Everyone please don't running becuse my profile is so long. I'm just a detailed writer. -_-;

IceFoxJess
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FrozenSnowman on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:53 pm

x3 Oh, it's fine. I was just curious ^-^' Oh... and you also made the same mistake in your profile x3

I'll sign up... but, after someone else ^-^' I don't like being first >.<

FrozenSnowman
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IceFoxJess on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Oh, wow. Lol, that must be a word I'm dedecated to miss spelling today. XD
Lol okay, someone just PMed me a minute ago to tell me that there signing up so it shouldn't be long. ^_^

IceFoxJess
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Finally I was able to send my chara... first I passed the time limit and logout without copying the text, then I pressed reset instead of send. Ok bad memories go away, time to think in more positive thinks, let me start pointing some things that I wasn´t able to mark in the map (problems in the program I used...)

Dysmas is the academy that is next to Rihiss city, the others Academies have their name hidden until the time comes. Now I know the map only shows the weakly made positions of the towns, ruins and academies, but please imagine that the world is covered by forest in some places. XD
|| Now I know that I´m the bane of my existence...||
True Story

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IceFoxJess on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that. ^-^; Thanks Shatter. ^_^

IceFoxJess
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Heh no problem :P.

Now to the second part of the "let me point" post, that I should have wrote in the last one... , ok then as you can see the map it´s floating in the... "nothing" , aheem another change there Olashia is sorrounded by water , but please do not think of it as the sea just water (explanation incoming in the rp, but really later.)

And of course distances, as close as appeared to be they are apart of each other by days or even weeks.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IceFoxJess on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:26 pm

O.O oh, I so did not know that....But I like it XD
Oh yeah everyone I fergot to mention a lot of people are a littl(if not more ) racist aginst humans and relastions of humans.(mainly NPC's but feel free if you feel motavated to make them racsest aginst a race.)

Oh and uh people if your not sure about a race feel free to ask I ppromise I hardly ever bite. =)

IceFoxJess
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Hmm, I just looked at the Freewall sisters profiles and the only thing I see wrong is the room number lol. Probably didn't accept them because it's obvious they didn't read that part. Not to mention its kinda short on profile. Well, that was my random bit. I hope more people join!! My rps are going slow....weeellll.....actually they just haven't started yet. Why must it be so hard to find people!!!??? It's like most of them are doing 1x1's. I hate that cause I've done those before and half of the people get bored and don't post after like the 5th post or something. At least that's what always happens with me. MORE PEOPLE JOIN OR ELSE!!!! I kill you XD. lol
There is a place within each of us where we cannot escape the truth; where virtue sits as judge. To admit the truth of our actions is to go before that court, where process is irrelevant. Good and evil are intents, and intent is without excuse.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fruity Loops of Pain on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:23 am

I don't know if I should have put this in the character sheet but William isn't supposed the fit the definition of a warlock. Well he does but he isn't like a server of darkness or an evil monster. He's like the male equivalent of a witch or a slightly higher form of a wizard...
I guess I could explain it sometime in the rp. €_€
Fruity Loops of Pain: The epitome of self proclaimed awesomeness.

Fruity Loops of Pain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:18 am

Yes I can see what you are saying, the one you use it´s the usual definition for a warlock... the "oathbreakers", while I have grow to like all the accepted characters yours is one that calls my attention greatly. Specially in the part of the powers I want to see how you are playing it... after all warlocks/witches are usually "dark users" despite what magic they use.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fruity Loops of Pain on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:26 am

True.........Commence typing my LONG explaination.

For one particular definition that I've seen, it says that Warlocks kill other magical beings, absorb their 'magical essence', and then take their victim's powers as their own making their mind evil or corrupted. I don't think anyone would want someone like that in a school as a teacher or student...
Others say that Warlocks cast curses or spells and have all these other magical powers that if I let William have those, many would think it was godmodding. You know, with the teleportation, element controlling, time stopping, and such...

I could say that he is a bit rebellious and is not much for following and/or caring for the rules... (However, that may contradict some things I've said) but it may not be wise to say that he's flat out corrupted when using his magic...but it may add for an interesting plot twist in the future. Betraying everyone would suck ultra bad though...

OK I'm kind of babbling on about random stuff here, so to get to what I want to say...
I understand what you're saying. I kind of thought this too when I was making him, but the darkest powers I saw here were Summoning and Necromancy...well also darkness but I didn't want that. I was thinking of giving him more powers but that would be too much power and it would probably be unfair to say the least. That's also why I limited his powers so much.
And then the big mega book o' magic has a bunch of spells in there though I'm keeping those a secret (Am I allowed to have secrets?). This also brought up a big conundrum for me.
Wouldn't there be a bunch of magic books in the library in the Academy? Wouldn't some of them actually be magical and work? William will probably get his hands on these books, steal a few things out of them, and add them to his little collection. Some of these spells may actually be able to do some damage and then would probably acquire a different element...but I'm thinking too much into this, and I'm probably boring you.
So to sum up that big jumble of words that I have just typed above, William has three paths.
1) Become corrupted and become a dark character as he develops his powers, possibly making it difficult for him to come back to the light side further in the story. (Fail at Star Wars reference~)
2) Continue to develop his powers and continue to become stronger while still being the semi-nice person that he is. Or…
3) Staying the same throughout the story, making him have to go against a few definitions of a warlock, and possibly making up an entirely different definition for one that could possibly yet not make sense. Only to the people who made up the definition.
*Looks over everything I just did* Wow, I turned a positively pos
itive explanation into one of pure pessimistic…ness. This is what happens when I think too much…I open up a whole truck load of problems for myself. Anyway, if you have a suggestion for what I can do about my warlock friend since I’m not the gm/co-gm and since I’m not supposed to be making incorrect changes to the plot of this rp, please let me know. ^^’ Also, I apologise if this post was in any way offensive for I do not know how…if it was. Sorry.
(This is an example of how much leisure time I have on my hands over summer. Though when school starts I probably won’t say the same thing.)
Seriously!!! This was 600 words on Microsoft word. That’s sort of not healthy for a post in this particular OOC place haha… =.=’ It probably won’t happen again. Sorry.

Fruity Loops of Pain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fumeii on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:17 pm

Thus, I have submitted my character from that previous Astrale Academy roleplay you had up a realllllly long time ago. Hope it's alright! Oh, by the way, Jess, my brain hurts.

:(

fumeii
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vain on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:39 pm

I was wondering when you guys planned on starting this. I'm thinking if you wait until every slot is filled up this rp will die before it starts. Besides, this type of rp is easy to add more people to after its running. I know we don't have a lot of teacher characters at the moment, but they could be NPCs until we get more. Also, I wouldn't mind making a second character if we really need more.

Vain
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredMind on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Ehemm let´s see...

@Fruity Loops:
I feel grateful that you were so considered of the magic skills, after all there is a magic rule about power which I will explain with more detail later, after all is part of my subject. Now about the books: I don´t see any problem with your character taking books to... self study, the part about changing elements will have to be under review to avoid op.

Good news! While I feel is usual to see a reformed warlock or a "good" one falling in the darkness, evil and good is not used as usual in this rp and I hope you will like the plot we have developed.

On a last note I encourage the length of the posts, use as much as you need.

@Vain:
Agreed with you and I have been thinking in the situation about teachers.

And as Vain said I think for the lack of teachers we will have to make them NPC and, probably, jump the classes to enter those that are required or taken.

Now, finally, we are only waiting for IceFox to end checking characters and her rise of the "start flag" to begin.

ShatteredMind
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fruity Loops of Pain on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:37 pm

I'm sure I'll love the plot. And I think the best thing for me to do is to just follow along with the plot when we start.
>.< I can't wait till we start.

Fruity Loops of Pain
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyroi on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:30 am

Um, I may not have any say in the matter and I'm not here to sound impatient, but I think we should get this role-play on a roll, no pun intended. I noticed someone had already left, and people could always join after we start, so why not? I'm trying to be as polite as possible because I really want to do this role-play and I don't want it to go down the drain, and yes, there is a lot of planning for this kind of role-play, but, in the most respectful way, could you please hurry up?

Tyroi
Member for 14 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fruity Loops of Pain on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:41 am

@Tyroi
I agree too since we have 6 people and 2 teachers (esimation) but the plot they made may need some more people. I would suggest letting other people know and ask people if they want to join or something like that.

Fruity Loops of Pain
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!