Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

If the World Would Be Our Enemy

If the World Would Be Our Enemy

a part of “If the World Would Be Our Enemy”, a fictional universe by Chari.

I can't do it justice in this small little box. Just check it out.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “If the World Would Be Our Enemy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] If the World Would Be Our Enemy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circus on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:33 am

So... is the UPA's actions a secret or do I get to shoot some kid soon? :P

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Circus
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VoidSun on Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:16 pm

I have the same kind of doubt as Circus. As most of the U.P.A.´s members come from agencies that would prefer to burn a house than letting others know that it was their job one would think that I point to that direction, or acting in U.P.A. let the agent be more... "free" only hiding from what agency is s/he really?
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Ala Alba rocks!!! Bow---> m(_ _)m

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VoidSun
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:20 pm

Well, in all honest, the UPA us only semi-secret. The individual members all know the agencies all the others are from, but there is no need for others outside the UPA to know. Also, while the UPA doesn't tell others what they are doing, they don't actively try and hide it? After all, who would try to stop them from saving the world. If you want to try and hide what agency your character is from, that is fine, but don't expect it to fool all the others. Not only are they highly trained agents themselves, saving the world has kinda made all other allegiances take the back burner for now.

PS, all the friends character don't need to describe any of the classes or anything. What will happen is that we will most likely skip to the end of the day while the agents go do foot work and such. Something will happen to make the two parties meet after that, a little after night falls.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Hey guys! I can't post tonight due to being out of town and on a crappy computer. I will post tomorrow though! SORRY!!!

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:14 pm

So is there a proper term for the research of the more otherworldly aspects of this world? Or should I just call them the occult?
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in the world; of these heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared."

Rincewind
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:24 pm

Hmmm... Well, Occult works, I guess. In our world that does lead to a very speculative and negative connotation, but I suppose there it would have never taken on that baggage as it has always been accepted as true.

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:28 pm

OOH, I just looked up a latin translation of magic and got Veneficus. Veneficology?

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:46 pm

But ESP really isn't magic, so I don't know how that could work. Magic is something that is supposed to defy logic and reason, where as ESP is supposed to have its basis it scientific fact, so the two really aren't interchangeable. As I said, ESP is supposed to be more scientific than supernatural, and that's why you could research it. So I would either go with Occult or Esper Research or something to that effect than Veneficology.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Sorry for not posting guys, but I was trying to give some of the agents time to say something. Since that doesn't look like it will happen tonight, I'll try and post and skip ahead to after school and the actual story. So all I have to say is...

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!!

If you understand the reference, you get a pat on the back.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:48 am

Wasn't it a song on the Rocky Horror Picture Show?

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tomabird on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:50 am

I'd really like to join this RP as I PM'd you before, but there seems to be a lot of chars already.

tomabird
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:11 am

Very good, Rincewind.

Tomabird, even with all the characters, you are still more than welcome to join. Most of them are the friends, at any rate, and most of the agents haven't even posted yet.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tomabird on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:47 am

Yeah, but the problem is just that if all the agents happened to post all at the same time it'll get confusing. I'll just be a sort of "reserve" player for now, in case someone drops out of the RP, that okay?

tomabird
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circus on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm confused with this timewarp. It it an overall timewarp or does this only affect the students at the school to pick up the pace?

Circus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Well, to affect one it would have to affect both. After all, we really can't have the two groups working on different time frames. What I would imagine happening for the agents is only meeting up and starting to hit the streets, but not finding anything. Eventually (most likely after nightfall in the RP) the two groups will meet do to circumstances that I can't really talk about right now. At any rate, this skip in time was simply to avoid a great bit of monotony in getting to the actual plot line. I don't want it to die in its infancy.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rincewind on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Come on peoples, don't let it die.

Rincewind
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Circus on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:07 pm

I'll be honest. I'm having trouble with my posts. This is mainly because I don't know what to do next seeing how you have a specific plot outline (it's ironic because Eddie can see the future hahaha). But the setting for my next post should be at the Chrysler Building, correct? And from there we walk the streets until the agents and kids collide?

Circus
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Well, unless you had a plan for it, I was going to have the agents and kids meet through a certain car accident. At that point some stuff will happen, and from then on the plot starts. You can have the agents be anywhere, really, but the Chrysler Building is as good as any. We could say that after meeting at 9, they all split up to search until 3 and then all met back up there.

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fumeii on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting lately. I'll whip one up as soon as possible, after I get a few matters out of the way <3

fumeii
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:09 am

dead? :(

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!