Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Left 4 Dead: The Arizona Campaign [OPEN]

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Left 4 Dead: The Arizona Campaign [OPEN]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby l i p STITCHED on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:29 am

YES, THIS IS A LEFT 4 DEAD & LEFT 4 DEAD 2 RP xD

**PLOT**

Francis, Zoey, Louis, and Bill are back and attempting to span the country to get to a sort of safe-haven in Flagstaff, Arizona. Only about halfway, having hitched a ride from a manic, infected trucker, the foursome were dropped off outside the city of Springfield, Missouri. Luckily, they were able to use a hot-wired, armored car to drive as far as Lubbock, Oklahoma before being stranded on the side of a traffic-locked highway. Now they must cross through New Mexico to reach Arizona and, hopefully, the safe-haven. When Zoey finds herself pregnant, though, will she become more of a hindrance to the others than she is a help?

What will happen when new survivors join up with their group the closer they get to Flagstaff? How well will Zoey cope if someone else decides they have their eye on Francis?

**RULES**

➩Keep the romance/violence PG-14. No one wants to read the smut or be kicked off of this site for posting it >:C
➩Follow the site R&R and T.O.S.
➩No Godmoding or PPing.
➩Behave yourselves, kids! No killing anyone's character but your own.
➩You may play up to 3 characters :)
➩I want there to be a Francis/Zoey pairing, though ALL pairings are welcome.
➩O.C. CHARACTERS ARE WELCOMED!
➩CHARACTERS FROM BOTH L4D and L4D2 ARE OPEN!
➩No speed-posting or flooding! Let others have the chance to post their replies as well :'3
➩Address other posters in OOC form or through PM, please. It gets confusing if there is no specification.

**CHARACTER LIST**

Francis:
Louis:
Bill:
Zoey: l i p STITCHED
Coach:
Ellis: St. Valentine
Nick:
Rochelle:

**O.C. LIST**

Cole Bradley: ArcticMonkey
Lily La Rue: St. Valentine

Please sign up in the O.C. Thread :)

**INTRO**

’I don’t remember when Bill and Louis started sleeping in an adjacent room than Francis and myself… it just became so routine that they would expect he and I to want to be alone together that they’ve always seemed to do it, I suppose. Wherever we would go, there would have to be an extra room to sleep in. Bill would even section off the safe-houses if we could find no other haven. Whether they thought we were sleeping together at all times or not, I don’t think I dare venture to guess. We didn’t though… Though we had been an item before the infection and still remain so, I can only remember once or twice when we would have given one another ourselves.

It had something to do with the idea of getting halfway through and a zombie walking in, I think…

We rarely did anything more than lay with one another and talk about the things we wanted once we got somewhere where this whole zombie apocalypse hadn’t touched. We joked about how we didn’t fit together and that we would both chase some other tail if there were anyone around besides Bill and Louis. Given the options, though, Francis wasn’t gay enough and I wasn’t desperate enough.

We’re almost out of this city now, but something is very wrong. I can feel it right down to the very core of my bones. We’re almost there; almost safe; almost done running, but something feels off, and I’m unsure if I dare think about anything but these pistols in my hands. And shooting the head off any zombie that comes within range…'

Zoey was sitting against the back wall of the safe house, eyes wide open and hands assembling and reassembling her pistols. It wasn’t quite daybreak yet and she couldn’t sleep. She had left Francis to lay in the sleeping bags they had zipped together, not knowing that she was no longer present, and contentedly snoring away as she sat against that cold, somewhat damp wall. Her hair was ratted from sleep and circles were forming under her brown orbs as her hands worked in a swift, skilled manner.

“What’re you doing, Zo?” Francis had finally awakened to find the Hispanic female where she was, muttering the order in which she was supposed to put the m1911 pistol together.

“Trying not to throw up.” She said flatly and kept on repeating the order as if it were some ritualistic chant; her hands working ever faster as he made a face at her. She could hardly say that she cared as she worked and worked and worked, pinching her lips together every so often. At these times, she would breathe through her nose and go on with the pistol in silence. Whether Francis was watching her or not, she wasn’t really paying much attention until something crashed against the door to the safe house and she jumped into the air, picking up her gun and aiming it from where she was across from it. By now, the others were up and she could hear guns cocking as she spoke up. “Who’s out there?!”
"Mama, I'm in love with a criminal..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

l i p STITCHED
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Left 4 Dead: The Arizona Campaign [OPEN]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArcticMonkey on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:43 pm

http://s0.ilike.com/play#R.E.M.:It%27s+The+End+Of+The+World+As+We+Know+It+%28And+I+Feel+Fine%29:14518:s555506.9513253.4889214.0.2.8%2Cstd_e31c9f4d3d0144359c9d1a28e3b04117

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Charging towards him at full-speed the zombies look to tear his flesh apart. The man who wore a black desert shemagh and had an automatic Ak-74 strapped on his back. He approached a door and turned, raising a black M9 pistol and shooting a clip of bullets, dropping six of the fifteen or so zombies. He pulled the door open and left it open, when he approached the next doorway he jumped through the door frame. Behind him, the zombies pressed through the same doorway and ran into his trap. When they hit the tripwire the shotguns above them were triggered and two zombies met their end. He smelled the air to make sure his next plan would work and ran out the front door of the building and flipped his bic-lighter and threw it back into the doorway. His smile was met by a volley of flames and he watched as the zombies inside spun and writhed in pain. Pulling the shemagh down to reveal his long blond hair, Cole smiled at a job well done.

Cole walked down the city streets as something grabbed his leg. The tongue of the smoker pulled him and he smashed onto the concrete and reached for his gun which had hit the pavement a few feet away. His fingertips just barely touched the metal death-bringer as he was pulled away.

"Fuck!" Cole screamed, "Not now!"

A shot rang out down the street and Cole stopped being pulled by the Smoker and he looked around for whatever had killed the Smoker and he saw Sheriff Knight on the rooftop of the old movie theater and he tipped his cowboy hat towards Cole.

"Thanks, Sheriff!" Cole screamed.

"No prob-" As a shadowy figure slammed into The Sheriff and roared. The Hunter began clawing at the older man and Cole cursed and pulled out his Ak-74 and raised it as the Hunter launched across the sky towards him. A few bullets harmlessly put the zombie down.

"Sheriff!" Cole called out. "Sheriff!?"

He didn't get any answers and cursed, running towards his bike. He hopped on and took off towards the next town, desperate to get some supplies. A few miles down the open road he reached a sign which read, "Lubbock, Oklahoma- 18 miles."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ArcticMonkey
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Valentine on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:58 pm

"Gah-damn, Lily, how long we been walkin' down this dirt road for?" Ellis whined, scratching at the back of his sizzling neck.

"I dunno," was her articulate response. "I ain't no damn G-S-P system."

There was a short pause between the two of them as they exchanged quarrelsome glances. Lily ran a calloused hand through the thickness of her greasy ink colored curls and rolled her eyes, then proceeded to tossing her arms in the air in protest. Ellis simply shook his head, rolling his own baby blue eyes and frowning, obviously more than thoroughly annoyed. The duo were covered from head to toe in dirt, blood and God knows what other terrible substances; they were lacking in food and water and were in desperate need of ammunition for their weapons. They hadn't seen docile civilization in what seemed like centuries and were beginning to lose the hope of ever finding such.

"Aw hell, Lily!" Ellis exclaimed. "I don't wanna die out here in the middle-a nowhere! 'Specially not with you!"

"Hey! If you wasn't the one lookin' at the map upside down in the first place -"

"Now how are you gonna blame me for readin' the map wrong when you was the one who lost it?!"

Their nauseating argument was disrupted at the sight of an enormous green sign that read "WELCOME TO LUBBOCK" and Lily's excited outcry. Her dark eyes grew wide and watery, as though she were on the verge of tears, and she approached the sign to observe it disbelievingly. Ellis followed after her, equally as astonished as she was to see indication of upcoming civilization - or the assumption of such, anyway.

"We're in Texas!" Lily cried, grasping Ellis by the shoulders and shaking him. "I dunno how long we been walkin' or how we made it this far but the Good Lord has brought me home!"

Ellis' eyes scanned the vast stretch of road laid out before them; something felt off, as though this weren't Texas, nor said home for that matter. An itch that foretold something was going to happen - something bad - scratched at his skin, and he shifted nervously beside Lily, who only remained standing for a few seconds before she took off running again. He had no chance to state his musings as he chased after her, gawking at the sight of an enormous highway completely blockaded by traffic when it came into view. The pair stood at the top of the hill that overlooked the surroundings, and their hearts suddenly swelled with hope when they spotted the familiar red door of a safe house not too far ahead of them.

As they raced toward the temporary haven, a sudden roaring noise reverberated in the air. If they didn't know better (and Ellis most certainly would be the only of the two), they could swear it belonged to a motorcycle. Gears seemed to be churning like clockwork within the confines of Ellis' mind as he calculated exactly what type of motorcycle the sound could possibly be coming from. When it registered in his head, it was as though a light bulb went off somewhere; in his excitement, Ellis slammed into a barrel trashcan and sent it crashing toward the cast iron door of the safe house. The commotion didn't phase him, however. Ellis was simply ecstatic to know that there were other survivors in their midst.

St.Valentine
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Valentine on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:23 pm

((Ignore double post))

St.Valentine
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby St.Valentine on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:10 pm

((What? lol))

St.Valentine
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenyon on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:32 pm

"This is Golden Chariot, coming over Lubbock, Oklahoma now." Anthony DeWitt spoke in to his radio.

"Rodger that Chariot, we have reports of survivors and swarms of infected converging on that city, over." Came the reply.

"I hear you control, I'll keep my eyes out." Anthony replied.

He was flying low and fast, his helicopter approaching the city. He could see in the streets as the infected on the streets moving around as the sound of his helicopter's blades carried between buildings. Anthony scanned the streets, looking for the distinctive red door of safe houses set up by whoever Chicago Ted was. His mission assignment was a simple one: we was supposed to employ the use of his helicopter in order to grab as many survivors as possible in order to make sure that they could be safe. Now Anthony engaged in the first step of getting as many civilians out as he possibly could. Coming to a hover over what looked to be a significantly large intersection he glanced at a GPS unit with a marked area for the designated extraction for people who could get there and hold it, the secondary pick-ups if somebody might make themselves present on a roof or similar area.

"Is anybody out there?" Anthony asked, his voice booming out a speaker on the belly of the helicopter "I repeat: is anybody out there?" Anthony scanned the surrounding buildings "If you can either make it to the northern city limits, or secure a roof, then I can try and pick you up to get you out of here." Anthony continued.

OOC: For those worried that the helicopter will be a kill-joy, don't worry because I don't plan on his keeping it for long.
"First they attack you with smiles, then they hit you with lies, and finally...gunfire." ~ Myself, about poor-quality girlfriends.

Kenyon
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby l i p STITCHED on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:37 pm

[[OOC;; I've posted updates in the I.C. Thread for anyone that doesn't check it on a regular basis or is not subscribed to it (:]]

Though the others had been jarred awake by the smashing sound outside the door, Zoey was sure she was the only one to move. Because the noise was a one-time occurance, she discerned that it was not a zombie. If it had been, the monster would have kept at the door until there was a hole in it large enough to peak inside to find the foursome on the floor.

"Answer me! Who's out there?!" her voice came back stiffly, but before she could receive an answer, a muffled announcement came through the cinderblock walls and before anyone could stop her, she unhitched the makeshift lock on the door and jerked it open just a little to listen. Upon spying two figures outside, her instincts got the better of her and her pistols were raised before her brain registered on the message overhead.

"... -an either make it to the northern city limits, or secure a roof, then I can try and pick you up to get you out of here."

Brown eyes turned this way and that for a second as she carefully scanned her immediate surroundings to be sure that nothing had been stirred by the loud-speaker message before she motioned at the other two to come over. Even from the distance, she could see that they were human. Hopefully they were no threat...

Once they had scooted past her, Zoey smacked the heavy door shut and rebarred it as her stomach did a barrel roll. At least these two would be able to pick up some medical supplies and relaod their ammunition stores if need be...

l i p STITCHED
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!