Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Strange Days

Strange Days

a part of “Strange Days”, a fictional universe by Mr D.

Everyday life in a city where anything can happen.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Strange Days”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Strange Days

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:43 am

*sigh*

So after contacting various people via PM, the replies I received indicate that we are indeed the only ones left.

As much as I'm enjoying things and the wuality of posts, I'm considering retiring this RP for the time being to relaunch it when I get some more free time to devote to it. (Possibly around December time.) What are people's opinions?
There was a signature here.

It's gone now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ProfPeacock on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:15 am

Hmmm . . . I would very probably rejoin in December, as long as you PMed me. I have no problem continuing to post, but agree that three/four can be hard. I do think it would be easier to keep forward momentum if the world was a little bit smaller. I know that, for the most part, we've made it smaller to keep everyone in the same general area, but I think there is so much room for expansion that it can be easy to expand in totally different directions and eventually loose sight of each other.

I know for me, I'm trying to consider what you, Mr. D, had originally set out: some humor and a sense of normal-meets-abnormal. It's really hard, though, without wanting to suddenly burst into a bonfire of magicalness. I do kind of like the different priorities of the characters, though, so perhaps I shouldn't complain. I feel like "can Kinzie and Aurelie be friends when Kinzie cares about saving Bay City and Aurelie about saving her reputation?" is an interesting question that the game can explore, but I'm not sure if that's what you want for your game. (I think it works; it's just hard.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ProfPeacock
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:30 am

I don't mind the restart, if you sent me a PM when you are ready. But Like Profpeacock already said we'd need more players or a smaller world, if you'd restart it. To me its no problem to continue posting, but I am starting to wonder if Trevors save the day behaviour isn't ruining situations that you guys are setting up.
there are things in this world that poeple mustn't touch....WHO CARES!!!

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Well let me just clarify, because I don;t want anyone getting the wrong idea. I'm actually kind of happy with things as they are in terms of how the characters are interacting and in fact I don't mind if things go into, as you say a 'bonfire of magicalness' because for me part of the fun of it is in the concept of a place where outrageous things happen and people treat it like it's completely mundane. Originally the idea was for all the 'magic' so to speak to be out in the open, with only my character thinking it odd. I had hoped for a large cast, so that there would always be something going on and people would always have someone to interact with, but I guess that was wishful thinking on my part.

But as it stands I think you're right in that I need to rethink the structure of things. The idea of the city was so that there were different settings established for occasional side trips (so characters could have an 'episode' taking a trip to the city or the marina etc). The problem was I never established one particular central location to act as a hub.

So yeah, I'll restructure, clarify the intro, introduce character approvals before people can post to hopefully prevent people from signing up, posting once and then disappearing, and hopefully recruit some more people. And like I say I should have more free time to devote to things around December once I've settled down from travelling and have a stable connection.

Mr D
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:21 am

Alrighty then, but like the others have said, a PM when it's all ready would be appreciated.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:34 pm

I'm cool with it, just Pm me when your ready for the restart.

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:25 pm

It's December... DO we know if we're going to do that restart or not?

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr D on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:20 pm

I was ggoing to contact everyone and set up everything in the next couple of weeks once I'm back from travelling. Almost there.

Mr D
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Phoenixrisen on Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:33 pm

Okay, just wanted you to know for sure that you still had at least one devotee.

Phoenixrisen
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!