Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sword of truth-The Great War

Sword of truth-The great war.

a part of “Sword of truth-The Great War”, a fictional universe by Veld.

The wizards of the New world unite in an epic struggle to keep themselves free of the oppression of the wizards and people of the Old world. Would you see magic banished and locked away, or will you fight for the freedom of wizards everywhere?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Sword of truth-The Great War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Sword of truth-The great war.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Veld on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:19 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Sword of truth-The great war."

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Veld
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Sword of truth-The great war.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scythe MassakÃŧr on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:58 am

Ooh, interesting, this. Allow me to get a skeleton together.
Scythe MassakÃŧr's quote of the month:

Women are like whiskey: pleasing to the eye, warming to the heart, and the cause of the world’s worst headaches.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Scythe MassakÃŧr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Veld on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Surely.
Guess I should have posted a skele up.

Veld
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:15 pm

It sounds interesting and I might just decide to join. But what is a Confessor?

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Veld on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Confessors are a race of people, restricted to the female gender, with the power to destroy a human soul and give them only the desire to serve the Confessor who took them. Anyone taken by a Confessor's power finds delight only in serving the Confessor's desires, to the extreme that if a Confessor asks a person she took to die, they would fall dead that instant (assuming the Confessor was sufficiently powerful). Their magic is only usable through touch, and it takes a day to regenerate. (save for the mother confessor, her takes merely hours.) They were created to question prisoners, and gain the full truth of many different situations.

Confessors are only female due to the psychology of the feminine mind. Male Confessors lack the sympathy necessary to consistently exercise the ideals Confessors are required to follow. The lack of strength and empathy in a male Confessor is supposed to visit horror on the world, in the form of tyrants of unbelievable power. It is now law that all male confessors be murdered at birth. One may be able to slip through the cracks, given that you give me a good storyline behind it.

Veld
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Veld on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Character skeleton is now up! Hope to see some characters coming in soon!

Veld
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Veld on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:05 am

We have three great characters.

I am going to set up the introduction for the start of the role play. I would like to wait for one more person to actually set out but we can make our first few posts and have our characters meet up while we wait.

You are summoned by your leader. (Mord-sith are commanded by Lord Rahl, Confessors by the Mother confessor, wizards by the First wizard... on and on.) It is well known now that the war is reaching a boiling point, there has yet to be full scale outbreaks of fighting. There has, however, been several small skirmishes along the border lands between the two nations. Neither side is ready to give the order to an outright attack, yet. Being the strategists that they are, the combined leadership of the New world has devised a plan to cut short the chain of command of the Old world. You will be ordered to venture south and do your best to infiltrate and eliminate enemy superiors. I will leave up to you how you intend your respective leader to tell you this. Once the orders are given, you are then to meet the rest of your contingent at the people's palace in D'Hara. (For the mord-sith it will be a very easy trip...haha.)

Veld
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:47 am

Lol, yes indeed it will.
I started Faith of the Fallen this week and I haven't been able to put it down XD

*EDIT: Well, well, well, it looks like we have the ever-so-classic arrangement of Kahlan, Richard and Cara XD now all we need is a Zed!
"Lips that Shakespeare taught to speak have whispered their secret in my ear." -Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:46 pm

I'm really interested in this, is it still going to happen?

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:52 pm

I really hope so =/

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neonemerld on Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:29 pm

The GM has been away for a couple days. I imagine he'll be back soon. He told me a few days ago that he would be unable to post for a while.

Neonemerld
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Veld on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:13 pm

I'm realy sorry everyone. I have been supper busy with work and getting things set up back home. I'm not realy able to get on regularly at this point but I should be able to soon. i will let eveyone know as soon as I know when I can be on more often so we can get this started.

Veld
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:39 am

Just in case something happens and we start playing next week, I wanted to tell you guys that I'll be celebrating Mardi Gras all next week. So I'll probably not be on.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:51 am

Well, gee...

Since no one else is really doing anything, I think I'll start up my own sword of truth rp.
And really start it.
If you're interested, send me a message and I'll link you.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheScarletPlague on Sun May 01, 2011 8:39 am

roleplay/the-darkest-dawn/

This is my Sword of Truth Role play. I have two people not including myself interested in starting it, and I'm not going to back out of it. So come check it out.

TheScarletPlague
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!