Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Rage Disease

Rage disease.

a part of “Rage Disease”, a fictional universe by MEH.

If you were ripped from your daily life and thrown into a choatic zombie apoclypse would you have the skills to survive? If so for how long?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Rage Disease”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Rage disease.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEH on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Rage disease."

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MEH
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Rage disease.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:54 pm

I was quite enthused about joining untill I read that your character can shoot for 800 yards. While this is not impossible for the cartridge, a VAST majority of shooters, (the other percentage being MILITARY PERSONEL TRAINED TO SHOOT LONG DISTANCE), aren't trained to shoot past 100 meters, or 328 feet. This includes hunters. Shooting competitions with 30-06 (as in world class shooters; the ex-militants that retired after 40+ years of service) are at 600 meters. I find it hard to believe that your 19 teenage "hardass" can surpass the skill of people whose entire life was baised around knowing how to use that rifle skillfully.
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeique on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:04 am

Am I allowed to join even if I have been preparing for a zombie apocalypse since I was 8 years old? (I am now 18 years old.) I have also seen all but two or three of the zombie based movies, and at least seen the game play of every single zombie game. I have also been in boy scouts and now am in martial arts. I know how to make napalms and explosives from house hold materials. I have a sword (which is right next to me as I type this) and I am very skilled with a bow/arrow set. I do free climbing a lot and even sometimes do a little free running (aka parcore[Spell?]). As for driving I have had my license for just over a year and have become quite good at stunt driving from my little day practice and major night practice.
Can I still join or am I not allowed to be added into this array of fun zombie killing?
To be accepted by others you must first accept yourself.

Zeique
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:19 am

All napalm does is make a flammable liquid gooey as to burn slower.. so honestly you can throw powdered sugar in ligter fluid, and you have cheap napalm. Honestly most explosives are rather simple, but using fire against zombies doesn't seem to me to be the brightest idea, but if thats what floats your boats go get em tiger.
"The day will not save them. And we own the night."

The minds of gods are not for mortals to know or to judge. Accept that Tzeentch has a place for all of us in his grand scheme, and be happy in the part you have to play.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeique on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:32 am

So you are okay with the rest of the stuff there? Dang that surprises me quite a bit. lol XD Anyway I'll start on a character soon and get it up asap.

Zeique
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:39 am

Sure, I have no problems with it personally. I mean martial arts are good and all, but Id much rather run than karate chop a zombie :). A sword is great (please tell me its western.) but they chip and dull (especially if its a katana), which is why I personally would rather have a blunt object, god what I would do for a morning-star, but I dont own one, so I wont give my character it :)

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angelappocolypse on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:11 am

I just posted my character form am I accepted.

Angelappocolypse
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:27 am

I have to side with vio, althought im still interested so ill be joining anyway because screw it its a role play i can let one or two things slide. Just for the record 800 meters is an extremely hard shot to make, most military personnel cant make that shot and I have not heard of your average hunter that could. I mean that shot is pretty much highly trained scout sniper or Special forces material. Regardless, As long as we dont have too many shots at that range I'll continue to grin and bear it. Now as for my charecter honestly setting someone whose running at you on fire doesn't sound so good in my opinion, id rather make smoke grenades (Which i know how to do because of youtube and all its greatness, and Survival tips from an ex navy seal) To cover my ass across open streets. Not to mention it gets a heli's attention when there's blue smoke. Som as for my charecter would a hardcore gamer, football linebacker, son of a sergeant first class, gun nut, and eventual combat engineer with a crowbar and his infintite wisdom for survival situations, be acceptable? because believe it or not that pretty much describes me.
Edit: And I thought we wouldn't be starting out with firearms? I was assuming we wouldn't be because well....its been done a thousand times.

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEH on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Hello Vio and smrtazz thankyou for the insite but let me make things very clear. One 800 yards and 800 meters are quite different. And Competeion shooters have been able to hit tennis balls at around 400 yards to 600yards with a30-06 model 750 rifle. I can not personaly do this but i can hit a pieces of computer paper at 300 yards to 550 on a good day i can hit human sized targets at around 750 to 850 yards. This is not completely out of possiblity due to the fact that a 30-06 has an effective range of 1300 yards to 1500 yards, and a max range of 2000 plus yards if you would like me to prove this then i will soon make a video of me shootting at these ranges, but aside from our bad mouthing and argueing i strongly incourage you to make character in this roleplay. I do not wish to cause conflict between us lets just roleplay together or go our seperate ways. Thank you and have a nice day.
(And yes my dad was specail forces for 8 years and a Scout sniper for 15 he has passed many of his skills down to me for which i am greatful.)

MEH
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:27 pm

I am starting out with a gun because I own that gun. Its based on us and that’s what I own. I think starting out all super buff is just kind of boring which is why my character is not some spawn of a super soldier (despite my father being a master sergeant) he is just a regular teenager who has some experience hunting Elk.

Also smoke is not a smart idea either. Zombies are rather curious creatures from what I have seen and a giant pillar of smoke would pretty much be saying “HEY! COME CHECK THIS OUT!” and than they smell you and game over, personally I think simply walking. No super powers, no super equipment is needed to survive. Id much rather have a pistol and a mace than any other weapons, but I don’t own either of those so I have to use what I have in my house a rifle, bat, and pocketknife.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zuratul on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Does your post mean we're free to start, Penguin?
Neutrality means that you don't really care,
Because the struggle goes on even when you're not there!

-Rise Against (Collapse (Post-Amerika))

Zuratul
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Architect on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm a bit busy so if I dont create my character you know why, if it gets to be too long then ill just forget it, hope it goges well for you.

Architect
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEH on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Hello all! You are now free to start posting. I do suggest since we have an even number of people that we should first pair up together then, and very quickly we all get together. I hope that we have fun with this and that this roleplay moves quickly and continues for quite a long time.

MEH
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCreepyCanadian on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Woah.. so much posting went on while I was at school today.. goddamn. :X

I'll just conveniently show up at that gas station because I can. And you wouldn't say no to a crazy midget with knives, would you?

EDIT: Also, this is an eagle knife.

I actually own one. It's awesome.

Edit #2: I won't be able to post tomorrow, and for half of Friday. So yeah. Having a life is a terrible thing, isn't it? ^^
TCC commands you to make him SPAGHETTI. 'Cause spaghetti is the new sandwich.

TheCreepyCanadian
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowCorridor on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:52 pm

Sorry I haven't been posting. I have so much catching up to do! Anyone alone and willing to let Renae tag along?

RainbowCorridor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCreepyCanadian on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:47 pm

Well, Renae can follow Gawain if she dares. Otherwise, you could go find that dick that ditched everyone. And sexually harass persuade him to let her tag along.

So yeah.

TheCreepyCanadian
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowCorridor on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:59 pm

I think...she'll offer to drive.

RainbowCorridor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCreepyCanadian on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:11 pm

That works too.

I think Gawain is going to a) "accidently" stab one of his friends or b) be sent on a kamikaze suicide mission to save everyone or c) merely thrown the infected to die.

Or even combination of all three.

TheCreepyCanadian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RainbowCorridor on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:18 pm

TCC, your post made me laugh!

I swear I've posted this before...

RainbowCorridor
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheCreepyCanadian on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:07 pm

Well, I'm usually the comic relief characters in an RP. So yeah.

Or the villain. Or both at the same time.

Villainous, humourous, and totally not mind-raping at all. That's me.

Also, RP seems dead. WHAT THE FU cookies

Shut up, me.

TheCreepyCanadian
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!