Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Path of Nobility

The Path of Nobility

a part of “The Path of Nobility”, a fictional universe by Disciple of Tzeentch.

The path to Nobility is a diverging one. Some rule with a kind heart and others with an iron fist, but one thing is needed above all: Ambition. (Sandbox Rp)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Path of Nobility”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Path of Nobility

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jfan999 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:54 pm

I can't seem to find anything about my lands in the latest posts, am I just oblivious or is the information coming in a later post?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jfan999
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Disciple of Tzeentch on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Close to oblivious. I forgot to put you in. Sorry, I did not remember to place your lands in their. I will try to get it up tonight or 2mm (depending on how my workload its tonight. Still have to read 7 more 6-10 page essays and write reviews for them)
"The day will not save them. And we own the night."

The minds of gods are not for mortals to know or to judge. Accept that Tzeentch has a place for all of us in his grand scheme, and be happy in the part you have to play.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Disciple of Tzeentch
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uzgobravaga on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:01 pm

Damn this RP. I'm supposed to be working on a presentation, an assignment, and two papers that are all due in the next two days, but instead I'm derping around here....

FML.

Uzgobravaga
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Uzgobravaga wrote:Damn this RP. I'm supposed to be working on a presentation, an assignment, and two papers that are all due in the next two days, but instead I'm derping around here....

FML.

I'm writing my post at work tonight as I always do. Hell yeah procrastination?
You know what the first rule of flying is?

Love.
You can learn all the math in the 'verse...
But you take a boat in the air that you don't love...
She'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds.
Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down...
Tells you she's hurting before she keels.
Makes her a home.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:49 pm

Congrats are in order for you Disciple, your roleplay hit 3rd i think is the highest of number of words per post ON THE ENTIRE WEBSITE :)

That's not counting that you do the battles in pms ect. :)

Tigeress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Uzgobravaga on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:28 am

Hell yes procrastination indeed.

You know what, I'm going to use this RP as a study-tool. Oan MakVenner writes about how claims of objectivity (bias-less and value-neutral), are deceptive and possibly dangerous!

...a little bit of a stretch?

Yeah.

Never mind.

Uzgobravaga
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:28 am

LOL we will get the rank 1 WE WILL BE THE BEST XD

sorry I havn't finished my post yet, Imma procrastinating

Nanase
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:33 am

Oh wow.

Clearly I am not pulling my weight and must make larger posts.

Disciple is going to implode when we reach the point where we have to manage empires as opposed to simply tiny little city-states.

Edit: Also, two points that weren't addressed from my last turn's choices: I hired a trader to keep record of inter-village trade, and manage the shipments that are to be sent South. Also, the messenger that announced the Contest was supposed to find out how many men of fighting age there were living in each village.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tigeress on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:36 pm

lol I think he's getting worn out already, our battle (yes tika is already waging yet anouther war) is holding up my actions lol

Tigeress
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:44 am

@Disciple:

Excepting the above point I made, I'm also curious about finances. I'm not expecting you to tell us exactly how much our provinces are making although that would be ideal, but if you're expecting us to agree on wages for contractors/soldiers/other employees, I'd like to at least know around how much the province is making. A wage of fourteen silvers a week could be extortionate, or it could be completely reasonable. I wouldn't know, because I really have no idea how much my nation is actually making. I checked out your financial levels that you posted on I think the first page of the OOC, or maybe it was the second page, and I really like how those are laid out, but they don't really help me in this situation. Essentially, if you can't give me the approximate amount of money I have to work with I'm going to stop agreeing to "fourteen silvers a week" and start going by "insulting, low, reasonable, good, excellent, or extortionate" when it comes to wages. I don't want to bankrupt my nation without even realizing it because I don't know how much I'm actually making.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Wow....Yeah I'd kinda like to know that as well....

Cause I may be REALLY overpaying if that is the case....my miners are getting 7 silver lol

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Is our GM still alive?

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:27 pm

I think the GM is just having a busy time in his social life. Remember he/she/it might still have work/studies plus I believe Disciple pointed out once that it took a few good hours to respond to all our actions.
Could use some members for this RP, a fantasy, strategy RP.

Klause
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Oh, I don't doubt that, but he hasn't responded to OOC in some time either which he's usually fairly prompt about.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:29 pm

Meh, he could be out of internet service, perhaps he's on a trip or something eh?

Anyways, not like this RP is an immedite post deal, only what....4 or 5 of us have posted? It's fine, were not in much of a rush anyhow.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:59 am

I am annoyed, I spent 6 hours writing a 2520 word post for an RP yesterday. It was probably my longest post ever and I spent more time on it then I have on any post before. In the meantime two people post, one has a full on fade to black scene, and the other one has a very blatant penis joke in it.

AND I'LL I DO IS HAVE MY TWO CHARACTERS KISS EACH OTHER AND I'M THE ONE WHO GETS REPRAMENDED >.<

What the hell is this crap, This RP is based on a book where the second or third chapter opens with TWINCEST and the rest of the books are swimming in sex AND I GET FCKING ATTACKED FOR WRITING A KISS >.< I put my heart and soul for 6 long hours and all they can say is omg why do you have them kiss, ewww that's disgusting, she's 6 years younger then him.

DUDE WTF THE KING AND QUEEN ARE 10 YEARS APART AND YOU HAVE THE FCKING GALL TO ATTACK MY POST ABOUT A TOCHING MOMENT BETWEEN TWO FRIENDS AFTER WRITING A PENIS JOKE IN YOUR POST >.< No Just No. What the hell.

Plus they wanted a 'realistic and good RP' In no way did I go against the Book or historical facts of the time. Hell it was COMMON PLACE to have arranged marrages at a young age. YOU ALL SAID AS MUCH >.< So Like your attacking my post and creativity for this shit???? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE ARGHHHHH

READ MY POST. TELL ME IF YOU THINK I WENT TO FAR. The setting is in a book series called A song of Ice and Fire which is a historicaly accurate middle age fantasy world WHERE MUCH WORSE THEN I WROTE IN MY POST IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK AND WAS COMMON HISTORICALLY

The cool bite of the early morning crept through the camp, latching on to every soul who wakes with the dawn. None were excluded from its nip and to with chill there was no lord, son, or servant. To the morning chill it was just one flesh to chill, no different from the other flesh or from the squirrel in its hollow home and the doe laying its head in the glistening dew coated grass. The silent wicker of a horse pierced the coolness, its breath leaving a little cloud and startling the poor stable hand that had woken to tend to the horses for this final morning of travel.

In one nondescript white walled tent, two figures still lay asleep, the pair huddled together and their warmth keeping the penetrating chill away more then any blanket ever could. The pair, an oddity in their own right, a young man and a small child, lovers many say under the cover of whispers or simple jest. Perhaps truth rang in what was leveled as joke, but if so the love was purer then most and shared equally, fully, knowingly.

The young man stirred, waking early morn had been drilled into him from the cradle. His eyes, blue as the sky itself, lingered lightly on the small form curled against his chest, the tinges of a smile upon the corners of his face. Eyama, his little savior, scars and all. The small form moved slightly in her sleep, her sweet voice whispering lightly in her sleep "Tera" she whispered silently. Teralo smiled to himself, bending down he lighted a small kiss upon the top of her blonde head. "Dream well little one" he whispered before carefully escaping her embrace and settling the blankets around her body. Lord Father knew that Eyamo was a close friend to Teralo, but if he knew how Teralo truly felt about the young girl. He shuddered at the thought, no he would not think of such things.

Teralo moved quickly, despite being so far south, the air still contained a chilly bite to it and he wanted to be dressed as quickly as possible. After a minute or two of fumbling with his slowly numbing fingers, Teralo was dressed in a pair of simple dark brown breeches and a simple white shirt. The sides of the tent were coated with a light layer of condensation but Teralo exited quickly and stepped out into the light of the morning.

The sun had not yet passed the horizon but already its light was beginning to burn off the thin layer of fog that had collected over the camp at night. Teralo was not alone in his movements around camp but it was quite possible he was the only person of 'noble' blood awake. His steps brought him quickly to a small coral that had been erected every night for the sole purpose of the small mare he had brought with him. The unnamed horse was still young but it's body was already well toned with muscle and even asleep it seemed to radiate power. The mare was a proud stallion purchased at more then a fine mountain of coin. It was to be Teralo's gift to Crown Prince Lionel. Father was stingy to say the least in his gifts, but Teralo and Jamie had agreed that a suitable gift would be needed. Though Teralo did not know what Jamie's gift was. Jamie had come to him a year ago with a considerable sum of gold and told him to turn into a fortune in trade and investments. Both Teralo and Eyama had gone through a considerable amount of work in finding the best investments and trading options for Jamie, but it had been fun their minds and in the end Jamie had his fortune and spent all of it on something for this trip. Teralo would e lying if he said he was not interested in whatever that gift might have been, but his mind was on his own gift. His proud little Drothaki Stallion.

The Mare woke at Teralo's steps and backed away as if ready to charge until Teralo held out his hand and filled a small trough with food for the mare. It still would not let Teralo get too close to it without trying to take one of his fingers off. The horse had the biggest spirit in an animal he had ever seen; honestly it was almost a shame to have to give her away. Still, she was a warhorse through and through. The mare would not be happy unless a warrior rode it her proudly into battle.

Teralo stayed with the Mare, admiring her beauty in the early light before heading back to his tent as the camp slowly began to come alive. He did not walk back to his tent as fast as he had in getting to the young mare to feed her, instead he took his time casually picking his way over tent ropes and stakes. Somewhat lost in thoughts about what was to happen that day at King's Landing, Teralo walked clear past his tent and was forced to double back after realizing his mistake some five minutes later. Entering his tent quietly so as to not disturb Emaya, he was surprised when he walked in to find her already awake and currently in the middle of dressing herself in a small blue dress he had purchased for her last birthday. Both their faces blushed, it was not the first time such an occurrence had happened but it was embarrassing none the less. "Ah, I'm sorry" he said turning away clumsily away. Eyama's face was hot with embarrassment and she turned away too. "No...It’s fine." she said lightly. "Can you help me with the back; I can't seem to tie the back up." It was true; the dress was a little big for her as he had purchased it for her expecting a growth spurt that still had not come. There faces still red with embarrassment, Teralo tied up the back of the dress, trying to make it tight but not uncomfortably so. When he was finished the two shared an awkward smile before Emaya gave him a cute little hug with a word of thanks.

The two began to pack up their belongings, all the while the two of them went on with each other nonstop about the places they would visits. The Red Keep, The great sept of Baelar, The Guildhall of the Alchemists, most of all however they talked about the Dragonpit. Dragons, they were one of the small fascinations that the two shared and even more so since the apparent rebirth of the Dragons by Daenerys. Both of them had described a want to visit the site and even explore it, they dreamed of finding a dragon egg there and even as far as of hatching it. Of course they would have to keep it out of Jamie's or their Father's hands but that was their dream.

As they placed a few small books they had been leafing through in a box filled with about fifteen other books, Emaya fell silent. "Hey Tera...." she asked, her voice having lost it's normally upbeat atmosphere. "I had a dream last night...... I was in a dark forest and I was lost and afraid.... I tried to find you and I called for you but no matter what I did, you weren't there." Her face had a look of loss and sadness it in, one that reflected by Teralo's almost he had left her this morning, but only for a few minutes. Surely that could not have brought on such a bad dream. Emaya visibly shivered, despite what she told him. Teralo did not believe she had yet recovered completely from the attack that had cost her eye. It had been shortly after she had been allowed to leave her bed that she had come to him the first night, asking to sleep with him. Since then it has become a common occurrence and every once in awhile she would awake from a dream such as this.

Teralo kneeled down so that he was able to look her in the eyes and placed a soft hand on top of her head to try and comfort her. "Shh, it was only a dream. I'll never let you go; I care about you too much to leave you." He gave her a large comforting smile but she still seemed a little troubled. "Tera....can I ask you a question?"
"Of course you can Emaya, you can ask me anything."
"Do you love me Tera.... I mean not a brother sister love, but do you Love me?"

Teralo's hand stopped running through her hair lightly. He was taken aback by the question. He knew Emaya knew about love and relationships but he had always thought of her as a little sister, sure a few times he thought of her as...well more then that. But he had always just brushed those aside. Now she had brought all those brushed thoughts to the front of his mind. Did he truly Love her? Of course he did, but she was so young and his father would be unpredictable at best. His mind raced but finally he resigned himself to the unadorned truth, "Yes... I love you more then anything else... You saved me from myself when I first met you and I've loved you for years now. That's why I'll never let you go Emaya. I love you." his face was red and she was certainly looking much happier now, relief flooding into him. He did not like to see her unhappy. Suddenly he felt her small hand on the side of his face. "Tera I... I love you too, more then anything. I don't know when I first felt this way....but I feel safe near you, all my fears leave me and all that's there is a fluttering in my chest and a want to feel your arms around me."

Teralo was touched; anyone else would have scoffed at the words of a girl who was a foot shorter then you and but a child. However, for Teralo who had lived with her and shared his life with, would have died for her, these were heartfelt words given to him by the person whom he loves. He noticed in alarm that there were tears in her eyes though. "I knew you had gone to see the horse...but I was so scared after that dream I..." Teralo wrapped his arms around her small frame and pulled her close to him, to hold her tenderly, an embrace of love and comfort. Teralo wiped a tear from her eye. "Don't cry Eyama. Don't ever be scared, I love you" GODS it felt good to be able to say that. It had been bottled up inside him for so long and now the cap was burst open by her own small hands. "I'll never let you go, I am here for you."

A smile burst open on Emaya's face, a glow lit that the sun could never compare and her cheeks colored by the same blush painted on Teralo's face. "Tera... Please..." her eyes darted away lightly, her face growing considerably redder "Will you kiss me." she mumbled out, the barest whisper of her voice falling into Teralo's ears. His face colored almost more then her own now scarlet cheeks, but he smiled and brushed a loose strand of her hair from her eyes. "Of course I can." he said softly. He brushed the side of her face with his hand and placed his head until there foreheads were touching. Teralo's hand tilted Emaya's head up slightly and their lips met, locking themselves in a deep kiss.

Several seconds past but it felt like a lifetime to the two lovers before their lips parted. Their eyes held each other as each tried to digest what had just happened, of how this innocent kiss would change everything. Their faces were deep scarlet and if not for the cover of the tent then word would already be spreading swiftly across camp, the rumors proven and knew ones already underway. "Th...Thank you Tera" Emaya said somewhat stunned, as if even she had not expected him to actually return her feelings, let alone kiss her.

The sound of heavy footsteps on the cold ground could be heard approaching the small tent and both Emaya and Teralo quickly broke apart and grabbing several different items and clumsily exiting the tent at the same time to place the items in their wagon and give the semblance that they had been busy packing. Though it was clear on their faces and they way their eyes kept glancing toward the other that this was obviously not the case. Teralo had nearly run into his twin Jamie in his rush to clear the tent with Emaya and he gave a silent curse at the footsteps having to belong to his brother of all people.

"Hail mighty Teralo," his brother called in jest, "Bane of assassins everywhere. I hear the Faceless Men have put a bounty on your head that would tempt even our Lord Father." Jamie gave his twin a few seconds to react to that before launching into his real reason for coming here."

Teralo gave a forced laugh though both Emaya and his faces were covered in a scarlet blush. He was just glad that his brother was too busy with some idea to bring voice to some other jest. Though he did glance at Emaya's scar during that jest, it was all in good fun for Jamie but that scar represented something that he had failed her in Teralo's mind, something that weighed all to heavily on both of them. His brother gave a small pause to laugh but continued wholeheartedly with what he wished to discuss. "But all kidding aside Teralo I have something I would like to show you, something I need your opinion on. Don't look so shocked it's not the first time I've asked you for advice. If you would follow me I'll take your right to it."

Honestly Teralo was surprised, it was rare for his brother to seek help or advice though Teralo was usually the first person whom his twin came to on such occasions. Plus something told Teralo that he was about to have his questions about what Jamie had purchased with his considerable fortune. He nodded to his twin. "Very well Jamie. Lead the way, I would like to help you with whatever it is you require advice on." Teralo tried to flash a smile but it was difficult at best to even pretend that he liked being in his brother's company. He did indeed smile at Emaya though. "I think were about to find out what our little trade with the Free Cities was all about." Emaya grinned, the eagerness for knowledge back in both their eyes and their embrace not moments ago put to the side, if no where near forgotten or out of mind.

I MEAN GOD DANMIT, THEY JUST KISSED, JAMIE'S POST HAD A SEX SCENE IN IT, WHAT THE HELL >.<

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ironbrow on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:05 am

I try to avoid romance in my own posts simply because most people aren't interested in reading it, as they don't have the same emotional attachment you do to your own characters. But I don't feel as if you went too far.

Ironbrow
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:11 am

*Breathes deeply* Thank you, I know... I was trying to hold that in but I had to scream my head off in drustration or it would be bugging me all day and I would never get over it. I am not good at bottling up frustration for long without it lashing out. I had to get rid of by ranting somewhere :( sorry... I just habe problems with things like this. I don't have much of a problem with keeping such posts out if I have too because it 'offends' someone. But plase for the love of god don't crticize me after writing a sex scene or one of the most blatant dirty jokes ever.......

Nanase
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Klause on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Isn't it a rule that you can write ne sentence where you are allowed to do something like a kiss, but then you HAVE TO have 6 paragraphs between the next 'interacting' moment.

Here it is:

Remæus wrote:Adult content roleplays must be tagged with "adult" and must follow collaboration guidelines.
Be reminded: Adult content is permitted on RolePlayGateway. It must 1) be tagged appropriately, and 2) be collaboratively written so as not to clutter the story. Sexually explicit (kissing, fondling, etc.) interactions must be concluded immediately in the responding author's post and must be separated by at least 5 posts of other non-adult writing. Help keep RolePlayGateway smut-free by working together with your game's players to meet this requirement.

Well, according to my interpretation of that rule and your post. It is far from as serious as some people are treating it.

Klause
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nanase on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:46 am

lol really... Kissing is sexually explicit now..... lol I find that really funny because any romantic RP is fine so long as you don't start crossing the normal boundaries into 'real' sexually explicit....

actually that rule is hard to follow for a cheesy romance RP but it IS a good rule and I do agree with it. But very hard to enforce...or be very practical I think.

Nanase
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!