Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ah, RPGateway....

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Ah, RPGateway....

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Orith Nar on Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:21 am

So, I got bored and decided to read the paragraph or two of text at the bottom of the RPGateway page (any page here on the site) and I found this...

RolePlayGateway is proudly powered by obscene amounts of caffeine, duct tape, Wordpress, Moodle, phpBB, AJAX Chat, Mantis, and the efforts of many dedicated writers and roleplayers. It operates under a "don't like it, suggest an improvement" platform, and we gladly take suggestions for improvements or changes.

Really, Eric? Really? Ahahahaha. Wonderful, simply wonderful. Though, I won't dispute the caffeine, as that's how I get things done, too...But duct tape is only good when you're Mexican (also, Mexicans here, don't get too mad...I've grown up around them and black people, that's why I can say things like that). If I'm late, and people already know about that text at the bottom of RPGateway, I apologize...If I'm the first to notice this, then...wow. Ahahaha...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." -~-~-~- Edgar Allan Poe.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Orith Nar
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Ah, RPGateway....

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Prose on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:04 am

Oh yes indeed. I saw that almost three years ago. I am pretty adamant about reading most of what goes on on the site even the little words. It made me laugh the first time and when I randomly scroll down to the page and notice it, it still makes me smile. I think its because most of it is totally true.
(16:12:43) Prose says: Izzy does anything she can get her hands on.
(16:12:54) Namaru says: My god Xorn and Prose you guys totally did a bunch of crazy things, I'm sure
(16:12:54) Prose says: Coke, meth, heroine, crack, pot.
(16:13:06) Prose says: Oh that was really bad timing.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Prose
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Beta Tester Bug Hunter Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:07 pm

With that in mind, don't hesitate to use the "feedback" button that you'll see anchored to the left-hand side of every screen on the site! It's a great place to suggest the changes you feel should be made!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Meggie07 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:42 am

Caffeine and duct tape.... I love this site already. [Haven't been on this account in a really long time....]

Meggie07
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Johnny_Tokyo on Mon May 30, 2011 4:46 am

Reminds me of the joke about duct tape being like The Force: "It has a dark side and a light side and holds the world together."

Johnny_Tokyo
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!