Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Rebirth of Magic

The Rebirth of Magic

a part of “The Rebirth of Magic”, a fictional universe by GamerX.

In a world that magic was believed to be tricks and illusions and demons mere myth and superstition what will four teens do when they learn of powers they have come to possess? And will they be able to defend the world against the demons that threaten it?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Rebirth of Magic”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Rebirth of Magic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:35 am

The Rebirth of Magic

Hello there everyone! If you were not invited but you would like to make one of these be my guest to ask to do so here.
For those that were invited and your characters accepted you may start posting after you have read this.

The location of the roleplay will start in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The school everyone will be going to at the time of the barrier cracking is Rampart High School. Any questions can be placed here or messaged directly to me.
I'm my own boss; I make money from doing whatever I want. I could be on here all day and night and still make money. Want to know how? Want in on this fun? Check out WorldVentures.biz and look through the 1: Life is a trip, 2: A life of adventure, and 3: Your journey awaits and watch the videos to find out how. If your interested and want to sign up let me know so I can give you my Sponsor ID that is needed when you click the 'Sign-up today' button in the top right corner of that page.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GamerX
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Rebirth of Magic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Those of you who have had your characters submitted and accepted you may post your introduction to the roleplay while we wait for Rarikou to post a character up. As you can see my little occurrence was the water bottle moving slightly. Yours could be then or earlier in the day, that is up to you. Either mentions it some how, be it in conversation with another player/NPC, your character simply remembering back to it, or it happening to your character. As I had said before I can help you come up with an idea if you want.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GamerX
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:33 pm

I'm guessing you based this off of your high school. So.....are there really clicks and bullies and stuff in your highschool? Because I'm from California and no one really picks on anyone else and there are no clicks, just groups of friends with usually very different interests. Such as one of the best singers in out theater group was also a LaCrosse player.

I'm just fascinated that the stereotypical things of a highschool really exist in our modern age.
Image[URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][/img]

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Yes to everything you asked. XD Although there are some rare cases that mix with all the group. I am one of those rare cases since I have friends in every group at my school. As for the bullies part...well...we had five fights in the first three weeks of school. I passed by one of the areas one fight happened three minutes before it happened. The only funny one is when someone trip over their own feet and went through an internal sliding glass door.

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:59 pm

By the way in my post there are 19 typed lines excluding the space between paragraphs. My first paragraph came out to be 3 typed lines and then a little more. You can put as much as you want as long as you get at least typed to the 3rd line you are good. My posts most likely won't be that long very often but it will happen on occasion. XD

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:06 pm

Posted. And wow, thats weird. All of the fights at my highschool were between girls. A catfight is a very common occurrence in southern Califronia. The only people who pretend to be tough and pick on people and just basically be douchebag poser would be the Bros. You guys got Bros in Colorado?

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Yeah we have people like that. They tend to pick on me because I am different, however I just come up with something witty that either confuses them so much they walk away or use simple physiology to make them feel like shit and they tend to apologize right after.

By the way i love the whole shadow puppet idea, and also the book your character is reading gives a bit of irony to the whole story. I laughed slightly from that.

Just as heads up I graduated from Rampart this last school year. I'm lucky I am out of that place but I am sad since all my friends are going to be seniors and lower this coming year.
I'll place a map of the school here in the OOC if I can find one. That way everyone knows the floor plan of the place and don't have to guess at everything.

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:15 pm

JUst put in character app.

Is it really peaceful where you guys come from? I'm from texas, and it's a total warzone. Bunch of bullies walking around, thinking they own the place. The nerds getting quiet, yet passionate revenge.... wow, must be nice where you guys live.

I'll read what you guys got, and see If I can't make something to match (is about to vollapse)
'The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate. Entrusing his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the Arcana are the means by which all is revealed. It matters not who you are, Death awaits you."

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:37 pm

If you want to sum Rampart up quickly I would say it is: A clean facility with great teachers and many programs to help students; the students are as diverse as a garden with all the world's plants and each group sticks together with a few that go to each group.
All-in-all it is a great place that I am glad to have gone to.

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:42 pm

@Everyone
I was thinking since this will only be us four the we start a posting order.
The way we could decide is by when everyone posts their intro. I which case so far it will be me then Sneakyrio followed by the next poster and ending the cycle with the last intro to be put up. After that we start again. How does that sound to you three?

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PeachesNCreme on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:09 pm

I can do that (:

PeachesNCreme
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:16 pm

@Everyone
If we go by a posting order then it will be me, Sneakrio, PeachesNCreme, Rarikou, repeat.
How does that sound to everyone?

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:37 pm

I can't believe I just notice this but the character setups are perfect for romance if we want. Boyce (played by me) and Sabrina (played by Peaches-chan) are both 17 and Jason (played by Rio-san) and Miriam (played by Rarikou) are both 18. I am not sure if you three planned this or not but I definitely noticed it. XD Did anyone else notice that or did no one check the profiles? lol

@Rarikou
May I call you Kou-chan?

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PeachesNCreme on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:03 pm

I didn't notice at first, but now I do! :P
Nope, happened by coincidence

PeachesNCreme
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:00 pm

Where did you get Kou-chan? I suess so. I hadn't intended on the afe, but I purposely tried to make her different than others.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:44 am

So I just realized something. My character is the only one who doesn't have a raw elemental power.

Don't really have much thought on it but there it is.

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:32 am

I am going to sum up how I see the power combinations for each character.
Sabrina: A Psychic with control over wind
Boyce: A one man garden that can't be touched
Jason: A man that can bring forth terrifying beasts, hold you down with shadows so you can't get away from them; and oh yeah it is nearly impossible to see him
Miriam: A personal volcano that can heal you after you have been burned and beaten
Sounds about right huh?

By the way I have already come up with about 120 different combinations using my character. And I am still not done coming up with stuff.

My favorite combo so far is this: using Sabrina's Telepathy she could locate an enemy. Once that is done she could slow/prevent the movement of an enemy so Boyce could more easily freeze their feet in place or snare them with some plants. Then by pulling out a throwing weapon she can send it at them amplified by wind or telepathy. Best part is a wall can be in the way due to Boyce's Intangibility power. By replacing the weapon with a solid weapon made from shadows created by Jason we could hide lava in it the was formed by Miriam.

How does that sound for a deadly combination?

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rarikou on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:42 am

Later, I can manipulate metals, correct? I wwas thinking of creating somthing like a mteal forge, making stuff like weapons, or even necklaces, out of precious metals.

Rarikou
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GamerX on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:56 pm

@Kou-chan
Yeah, the Earth/Ground part allows the user to pull metals and gems of all kinds from the ground with higher control. The better you can control your power the more accurate you can become on which metals and gems you get. Then using the Fire/Lava power you can melt them down to more easily mold them using the Earth/Ground power. Then once molded either Boyce (Water/Ice power) or Sabrina (Wind/Air power) can cool it down to allow instant use. The way everything is set up is so that everyone can have a way to make money but it would be faster when teaming up with others.

@Everyone
Using Boyce's power of Nature/Plant our characters would never go hungry since he could grow all kinds of fruits and vegetables later on. Also they would never go thirsty due to his Water/Ice power later on allowing him to pull the moisture from the air to have some water.
Also a lot of what the combinations would come from is our knowledge over chemistry since that would allow us to know how it would react.

@Peaches-chan
I just came up with a combo for our characters. Boyce pulls out the water in the air which would intensify the temperature of the air to smoldering heights. Then Sabrina could use that air to both hit someone with air and give them some slight burns. An additional effect would be that the target's body would start to get really hot and they could possibly go into heatstroke depending on how well Boyce pulled the water from the air out. Hehe, I love being a chemistry wiz.

GamerX
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sneakyrio on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:15 am

Sorry it took me so long to post everyone. I couldn't connect to the site all day. I woke up at 5 a.m. and checked and it worked!

Did you guys have the same problem as me?

Sneakyrio
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!