Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Help

a topic in The Academy, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Scholars

Wanting to improve your writing? The Scholars are here to help! Find guides, tutorials, and even 1-on-1 mentoring threads here!

Help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ninjakitty21 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:10 am

Ok, so I'm not new RPing, but I am new to this site. I've RPed several other sites before and I've always been good at it, but a lot of the RPs here require us to post a certain number of paragraphs, which I can do, but I'm not used to. See, I'm used to only having to write out 4 or 5 sentences for a response and sometimes I get confused about who's posting at whom.
So I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what might be a good RP for me to start in on this site?
Thank you. I'd appreciate it.
=^_^=
Meow!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ninjakitty21
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Help

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sky Harper on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:40 am

I don't know of any roleplays to start you out, but once you're able to PM, you're more that welcome to send me one. We can do a PM roleplay to get you used to posting in paragraphs, if you would like?
Like Neopets, but want something better? Tell them 873 sent you! :}
[Psst! It's awesome!]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sky Harper
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:24 am

Hey there and welcome to Gateway!

I just wanted to let you know that we have a dedicated team on Staff here, Mentors, that exists to help RPers get a feel for how to make their way around the site as well as how to write to ensure the best possible experience here on the site. I've moved this thread to the RolePlayAcademy, which is where the Mentors hang out and can help. Thanks!

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ninjakitty21 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:27 pm

@ Jag -- thanks. I knew there was a "Help" section somewhere in the forums, but this site can be mundo confusing to someone who's not used to it.

@ Sky Harper -- I can post in paragraphs if I HAVE to cause I'm an avid writer. I wrote a 50-chapter long X-Men fanfiction and I used to write novellas for fun in middle school. The thing is that on all the other sites I used, there either weren't any standards regarding post length or if there were certain standards we had to follow, they had all the RPs separated and categorized by those standards. So I'm not used to someone just saying, "You have to post at least 2 paragraphs. No questions."

ninjakitty21
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi Ninjakitty,

Usually, things like minimum post length are up to the discretion of GMs for their individual games. The longer, multi-paragraph style is by no means exclusive here, but it is fairly prevalent. That said, there are plenty of games that don't institute minimums. Usually, a GM's expectation for post length is listed in the "Rules" section of their RP, but in the case that it isn't, a simple PM or question in the OOC will probably tell you.

Would you like assistance finding a roleplay that's in your area of interest without a post minimum? If so, I can help more if I know what sort of RP you're looking for. Feel free to send me a PM or respond here, and I'll do what I can. Otherwise, myself or other Mentors are usually around to answer other questions you might have.

Hopefully this helped a bit. If not, tell me why not and I'll give it another go.

-Kiku
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!