Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Porcelain Curse

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Porcelain Curse

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely ♠ on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:23 pm

This is a private OnexOne between Lovely Spade and SweeneyLight.

Name:Aniyah

It was a cold day. The sun was covered by the clouds above and a light fog filled the air. It made the Victorian styled house stand out even more. On the outside it was freshly repainted, but the inside still held many of it's nineteenth century charm. The home was built in the 1920's and has been refurbished for a new family's arrival. Under all of the paint and remodeling, the house is still the same no matter what one changes about it. The home held many secrets most of which no one will even dare to speak of. There have been new families in the home over the years, but each one of them never stayed for long. They either never came back out or left after a couple of nights. It has been years though since the last family had moved out though.

Up stairs in the first bedroom to the right lies a porcelain doll. It was left there by the original family who lived in the home many years earlier. It was amazing no one tried to take it. It is still in perfect condition. It's skin is pale almost translucent, long bistre colored locks, and a white dress. Some would say if the doll was a human, no one would be able to take their eyes off of it. No one knew the true pain the doll goes through though. It's name is Aniyah. Every night she comes to life and looks to see if a new family has moved in or not. It is hard to stay in a home all by herself with no one there to talk to. Her secluded life hopefully will come to an end soon. All she wants is someone to talk to. It was daytime now and she couldn't move until night time. She heard people moving into the house though, causing herself to become excited to see who her new family would be.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lovely ♠
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Porcelain Curse

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:54 pm

Name: Bradley 'Brad' Harper

Bradley rolled his eyes as his father's brand new Mercedes pulled into the driveway of their new home. He pulled his hoodie tighter over him and pushed the headphones deeper into his ear as he his mother coo about the new house in the front seat. His eyes scanned the house and he had to admit it was a nice Victorian house that had been recently fixed up but it was a woman's house. That and he was going to miss his old home. The car came to a sudden stop and Bradley jumped out of the car grabbing his bookbag and heading toward the house.

The music was still playing in his ears but he could hear the faint sounds of his mother scolding him for not helping his 8 year old sister out of the car. "I'm gonna go find my room!" he yelled behind him to his parents before disappearing into the house. Bradley didn't even bother to roam the house. Instead he walked up the staircase and into the first bedroom on the right. He would take a tour of the house later. Right now he wanted to relax before the movers started walking in and out of the room and his mother called for his help. He threw his bag down onto the full sized bed before walking around it and toward the window that overlooked the front of the house. He saw the moving van pull into the driveway and he sighed. He then walked over to the closet and opened it up. Nothing. Then a porcelain dill sitting on his bed caught his eye and he walked over to it. He picked it up and smiled. It was a beautiful doll and it drew his attention. But he was a man and men didn't play with dolls. He threw her back on the bed and figured he could give her to his sister Lily to play with.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely ♠ on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 pm

A couple of hours have passed since daybreak. Aniyah was being impatient now and wished for the new family to hurry up and move in. She heard a car outside and she smiled on the inside. They're here! She exclaimed to herself as she waited in anticipation. Once she heard footsteps she started to laugh to herself. Though the doll was motionless, she was still able to laugh and no one could hear it but her. When she saw the boy who walked in he didn't seem...happy. Thinking for a brief moment she watched has he moved about the room. He seemed to not like the home or something. How could he not?

Back when she could remember people were raving about the home. But eventually over time no one even looked at the house. Aniyah smiled to herself again when he picked her up. He was attractive to her. She wanted to know more about him, but night time wasn't ready to quite fall yet. It was almost there though. After he tossed her she felt hurt. it was quite easy to hurt her cause of the lack of people over the years. She has grown quite sensitive because of it. She knew he was going to be back though, and once it was night fall she was going to greet him.

Lovely ♠
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Brad let out a yawn as he walked into the his new room with a towel around his waste. After bringing in boxes and more boxes in from the mooing van and then unpacking a few of those boxes he had to sit downstairs with his famik and enjoy a fine meal of medicore Chinese food. He was happy that at around ten o'clock his parents decided to head to be since the next day would be a long day of more unpacking. He was able to take a long hot shower and now all he wanted to was crawl into bed and just sleep.

Once his bedroom door was closed he discared the wet towel and pulled on some boxers and a beater. A few moments later his little sister entered the room to wish him a goodnight and give him a kiss before going into her own room across the hall. Bradley climbed into bed, forgetting all about the doll as it fell to the floor, and pulled the sheets over himself before shutting off the light. Ah it was nice to finally get some rest.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely ♠ on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:22 pm

Aniyah couldn't help but feel giddy waiting for night fall. She was like a child on Christmas Eve. She was trying to contain her excitement. She couldn't wait until she had the chance to talk to someone again. When he came in in nothing but a towel she would have blushed if she was a human, but for now she just laid there. Moments after his little sister left the room, Aniyah knew it was time for her big appearance. Once she hit the floor, she turned into her human form. She still wore the white dress, only this time it looked more like a babydoll dress. Standing up she tip toed over to the side the boy was sleeping on.

"Hello!" She squeaked in a child like tone. "My name is Aniyah what's yours?" She wasn't the best at staying quiet when new people were in the house. She crawled over top of him and sat down next to him. "You're really going to love this place! It's amazing when there is a full moon out, you can see it so well from here!" Aniyah was having a hard time controlling herself right now, but it was going better than times in the past.

Lovely ♠
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Bradley was just about to fall into a deep sleep when he hear movement and then seconds later he heard a female talking. At first he thought it was just dream but once he del he weight beside him he knew it was real life. He sat up quickly and turned the light on before looking at the female. "Who are you and how did you get inside my house?" He asked quickly before looking the female once over. She look familiar. He had seen her somewhere. The flawless face, the long hair and the white dress ... "The doll!" He jumped out if bed as he shouted this.

He was going crazy. This old house probably had aspethis or something and that was why was causing this. He knew that a doll couldn't really come to life. It was all in his head. "Okay so I'm going crazy and you aren't real," he said to the doll as he ran his hands over his face. "Obviously that was real bad chinese food and it's messing with my brain. Yeah, that's it. Brad you're just imagining a doll talking." He began talkin to himself as he paced back and forth around the room.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely ♠ on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Aniyah blinked a couple of times before giggling at his reaction. She got that a lot from new comers. She listened to the male go on about how it was all a dream and she could only smile at him. "I can reassure you this is no dream." She crossed her arms in her lap still watching the male closely. "So your name is Brad huh?" She questioned swinging her legs off of the bed and walking over to him. "You talk a lot don't you?" She questioned invading his personal space. Her head was cocked to the side as she studied him for a couple of minutes. "Food sounds amazing! I would love to try it it out sometimes!"

Aniyah exclaimed taking a step back away from her new friend, or what she called a friend. "Oh well I was that doll you tossed on the bed, but now I'm real!" She spun in a circle before her eyes fell back on him. "I hope you like it here though, I don't want to lose a new friend." She grabbed onto his hand with both of hers and smiled widely at him. She just wanted him to agree to be friends.

Lovely ♠
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Bradley took a step back from Aniyah and forced his hand away from hers. "Being friends sounds great but here's the thing : you're not real," he told her clapping his hands together and shrugging as if it were nothing. "The only reason I even see you is because I've watched one too many thumbelina cartoons with my little sister." He explained to her before walking over to his bed.

Maybe he was seeing her because as a child he had never had an imaginary friend. Maybe he was a late bloomer with this. Or maybe his imagination was finally starting to become more vivid. Whatever it was he didn't take this seriously. He needed a good nights rest and then he'd be a there in the morning. "This only happens in movies and I am not in a movie. I am a real person leading a real life." He added as an afterthought as he sat down on the bed and looked over at Aniyah. "You can disappear now." He waved a hand at her and smiled. Not a friendly smile either but a why are you still standing here smile.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely ♠ on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:58 pm

Aniyah watched him pull away from her, but she easily dismissed it. Though his next couple of words she couldn't. "How can I prove to you I'm real?!" She questioned still looking at him. She may not have many social skills, but she knew when she wasn't wanted around. Sighing a little her happy demeanor faded to the coldness of the boy laying in front of her. Maybe the next day she would be able to get along better with him. "Umm...good night." She spoke somberly before walking back over to the closet.

Closing her eyes, she let herself fall back into her natural state. She was laying up on the shelf back in her normal position looking at him as he slept. She clearly felt unwanted, but she wasn't going to let go like she had done in the past. No this time was going to be much more different. She just had to think of ways to prove her realness to him. She may not be able to move in the daylight, but she could move other things in the house. Just as long as it was in the house she could move it if she truly wanted to.

Lovely ♠
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:18 am

Even after the doll turned back into a doll Bradley was not able to sleep. He just laid in bed with the lights off staring at the ceiling. He couldn't believe what just happened. He knew he was rude about the situation but it was a talking doll what feelings did she have? He knew once he laid eyes on this house that there was something creepy about it. It looked like one of those houses straight out of a horror movie and he was the only one who could stop the happening from killing his family.

He closed his eyes and saw the pained expression in the doll's face and sighed. He couldn't believe he felt bad for a doll. Turning in his side so that he was facing the shelf she was perched on he thought for a moment. "Even though I sti think I'm going crazy I'm sorry. I can't go back to sleep though so mind keeping me company?" He questioned into the dark room hoping for an answer from what was suppose to be an inanimate object.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely ♠ on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:29 am

Aniyah looked at Brad and felt he was truly sorry. Giving it a moment she turned back into her human form with a slight content look on her face. "I'm the one who is sorry. I shouldn't have startled you." Looking at the ground, she looked back up again. Walking over to the bed she sat on the end facing him. Playing with her fingers, she took a breath before looking back up again. "So is this your first time here in this town? It's lovely I'm sure. Though I have never seen it myself." She looked out the window in a longing manner.

"I assume you have to go to school, when do you start?" Aniyah questioned turning back to face him again. She had a habit of talking a lot when she was nervous which showed clear as day. "I'm sorry really, I just wanted to be friends with you. I would understand if you don't want to be." She gave him a sweet smile. It faded slowly back into a straight line as she waited for his reply to her plethora of questions.

Lovely ♠
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:38 am

"Yes, I just moved here from a town in Ohio. I haven't seen much of the place myself but my mother insists that it's nice. I just graduated high school and I'm taking a year off school to help my mother with my sister and the house while my father settles in at his new job." Bradley answered her questions in one long breath. He never took his eyes off the quilt over him and played with a loose thread a he spoke. He still couldn't believe he was talking to a doll. He was sure that in the morning he would sum it all up to being just a dream.

"If you want a friend who would believe in all this fantasy then my sister loves this kind of thing. She had an imaginary friend up until last year when my father got tired of her talking to air and yelled at her that her friend wasn't real." He suggested. He was way too old for an imaginary frond but Lily wasn't. It could even help her adjust to the move better.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely ♠ on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:49 am

Aniyah chuckled lightly at how fast he managed to answer all of her questions. She smiled lightly looking up at him. She watched as he played with the bed covers and frowned a little. From the way he was talking he still didn't believe she was real. He also sounded like he didn't even want to be friends with her. "I wanted to be friends with you." She whined a little seeing how she was being pushed away. "Tell me whatever I have to do to prove I am truly real." Aniyah looked desperate at him now. Taking a breath she tried to calm herself. "I mean I don't want to be an imaginary friend. I want to be like you."

She spoke to him giving a light chuckle afterwards. "What you pass as being normal in your life, I cherish deeply. It may seem passable to you, but everything to me. You have no idea how lucky you are to be able to get out of this house. I have never been farther than the front door. It's like my own prison cell."
Last edited by Lovely ♠ on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lovely ♠
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:56 am

Bradley sighed and ran a hand over his face. "I'm flattered that you want to be friends with me because if you were human you'd be a very beautiful one but I'm going to be considered crazy if people find out I'm talking to a doll. It's nothing personal it's just hard to believe you're real. I mean things like this only happen in movies," he tried explaining to her. He could see she really wanted him to accept her bi he was having a hard tome graspin the fact that this was really even happening.

"And besides even if you are real this is still crazy so I'd still be crazy no matter what." He adde trying to get her to see things from his point of view. "Being human isn't all that fun." He toss in finally looking at her.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely ♠ on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:06 am

Aniyah looked up hopefully at him. "I see so you're saying it's just going to take you some time to get to know me better!" She had a surge of happiness go through at such a thought. It would be nice if he came around to like her. A light blush came across her luminescent skin hearing his comment on her looks. There was a lot that she wanted to ask him but seeing it was his first night it was better left alone.

"For someone who is surprised by all of this, you still aren't running away like the other humans. That means you must like me then?!" She questioned him hopefully. She wasn't sure of the full extent of the meaning of the word, but she liked how it sounded. To her it was just another word for friendship.

Lovely ♠
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:13 am

Bradley couldn't help but to chuckle at this before nodding his head at her. "For someone who isn't real you are pretty cool. And I have no reason to run. You haven't threatened to hurt me or my family," he answered her honestly. "And something is telling me that you'll keep coming back until I believe in you so I guess I'm stuck with you." His tone held a playful hit as he smiled over at the girl who sat at his bed.

"My name is Bradley Harper but everyone calls me Brad. Nice to mee you." He introduced himself since he had been so rude earlier. Wait-had he just introduced himself to a doll? He wished he was back home in Ohio now because this was just getting too weird.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely ♠ on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:30 am

Aniyah smiled deeply at him seeing him warming up to her already. "Pretty cool? I assume it s a compliment." She smiled once again. She hadn't seen anyone in years and had never heard the term 'cool' before. It was exciting to hear such a word. She was going to ask him something but then he introduced himself for real now. "Nice to meet you too!" She squealed grabbing his hand and shaking it.

Pulling her hand away again she looked at him innocently. "Do you have anymore cool words?" She decided to use her new favorite word. "I like the way it rolls off the tongue. Cool!" She piped up again before giggling afterwards. "So do you have a girlfriend? I imagine she must be beautiful," Aniyah spoke dreamily of a person she didn't even know. She only knew what a girlfriend was from other people who lived in the house before.

Lovely ♠
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:46 am

Bradley laughed and sat up in bed but didn't turn the light on. "Cool is good. It means I like you." He clarified. He thought of more words he could teach her but none really came to mind. He wasn't much for the slang most people his age used these days. He sighed when she asked if he had a girlfriend and thought back to Gia. She was beautiful and perfect in every way but that was all over now that he was here and she was back in Ohio. "I had one and she was- no is beautiful but when she found I was moving she couldn't take the distance and we ended things. I miss her already." He admitted with a sad smile.

He shook these thoughts away. He wasn't going to open up or become sappy to a complete stranger and a doll for that matter. "Enough about me say you were real how old would you be?" He was genuinely curious as to what the answer to this question might be. He imagined that she had to be real old.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely ♠ on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:56 am

Aniyah looked at him as she noticed the saddened look on his face. "Oh no I didn't mean to make you sad!" She looked panicked for a moment. She relaxed a little seeing him cheer up again. "She sounded wonderful." She smiled at him again trying to comfort him. Looking away for a brief moment she loped back to listen to him more. "My age? Well let's see I would say 81!" She sounded giddy as she told him her true age.

"I look seventeen but I'm truly 81 years old. Pretty cool huh?" She loved saying the word now. It never occurred to her how old she truly was. In her eyes she was still young and thriving which she was. "I never age, but it's boring to be alive forever and be stuck in these walls." She pouted crossing her arms before standing up and walking over to his window. "Can we go outside?"

Lovely ♠
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SweeneyLight on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:05 am

Bradley smiled and watched as she walked over to the window. "You're an old woman," he joked before shaking his head at her. "Not tonight. The grass needs to be cut and cleared. It's like a jungle out there." He told her leaning his head against the wall. "Is there anything that could make you human forever?" He wondered. He figured it was probably like one of those stupid fairytales Lily made him read to her. She probably had to get kissed by her one true love to turn into a human. "I would love to live forever. To know that I don't have to rush because I have all the time in the world to experience everything." He admitted with a sheepish grin. Whoever this chick was she was a good person to talk to. Bradley had never been able to truly open up before and it felt good to just talk about normal things for once and not the latest craze.

SweeneyLight
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!