Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Last Chance {closed}

a topic in Uncategorized Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Other roleplay stuff, either inactive or otherwise. Roleplays that don't fit within any of the other categories.

Re: The Last Chance {closed}

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:02 pm

Tabitha tapped her lip thinking. "Well, i think i have sugar yes." She smiled lightly. "In fact im sure i do." She shrugged. She had to have sugar with all the tea she made. She always put sugar in it. She listened as he mentioned the old ring legend. A legend her father had mentioned a few times as a reason for hiding out in the little town.

Tabitha paled as she remembered her fathers words.

'keep your ring safe tabby, someone might try to take it one day'

She shoved her hands in her pockets and looked at the ground. "I have heard of it. I didn't know the ring existed." She lied. She doubted it was really about her ring. It was such a simple little thing, but anyone else thought it might be, She didn't think she could hand over her prized possession. "Perhaps we should continue discussing this at home." She gave him a slightly worried look hoping no one else heard. The people were overly superstitious and she didn't want them hearing.

Rule number 126: I am not allowed to Declare it official hug a slytherin day.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Giancarlo nodded as they headed back, looking in front of them as he kicked at a couple loose pebbles. He glanced back to her as she talked about the legend. He noticed that she turned away uncomfortably, and shoved her hands into her pockets. Curiosity passed his face as he noticed this, but didn't say anything. Tabitha avoided his gaze so he answered quite plainly, "Alright. At home." He repeated, looking away. It was quiet now.

He realized a few seconds later how he'd referred to Tabitha's home as his 'home'. Weird, he thought, glancing back to her. He'd never really had a home after his mother died. He mimicked her and stayed quiet, waiting until they arrived back. Then, he thought, the explanation would all begin.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:32 pm

Tabitha made her way back to her home and entered the house, stepping into the living room. She fiddled with her ring under the glove, wondering what to do. "Giancarlo..." She paused. "the ring..." She froze wondering if she should continue. After a brief pause she decided it would be best. "Does this ring your looking for, look anything like this?" She swallowed hard and pulled the glove off, showing him the ring.

Tabitha watched in silence, waiting for an answer. She was hoping against everything it wasn't her ring he was looking for. She couldn't bare to part with it, but her fathers words rang through her head. Something about the ring was important, he wanted to hide it, hide his family from being hidden. Tabitha sighed.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:00 am

They arrived home a few minutes later, and Giancarlo glanced around the living room before dropping off the lemons on the kitchen table. Tabitha was strangely quiet. He came back a few seconds later, sitting down on the couch as Tabitha stepped in. She fiddled around her glove again, which he noticed that she did a lot, and started to talk. She continued on about the ring before slipping her glove off. Mark's eyes widened when he saw when was hiding. It was a small jeweled thing, with a gold band wrapped Tabitha's fingers. It was the ring. The jewel glared a bit from the light, "No..No it can't be!" Giancarlo shook his head, taking Tabitha's hand to look at correctly.

It wasn't possible. How would Tabitha have it? He thought wildly, dropping her hand slowly, and meeting her face. He sucked in a breath, still unbelieving. "Where..Where'd you get that?" He asked her, exasperated.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:47 pm

Tabitha sighed. As she had thought the ring she possessed was the one he was looking for. She pulled her hand back when he dropped it slipping her glove back on. "It was my fathers. He passed it to me and told me never to tell." She looked at the floor. "My father used to tell me amazing stories, and the ring was always worn by the hero in his stories." She sighed and took a seat on the couch. "My father told me to keep it hidden. He moves us here when i was small, to keep the family safe."

She looked up at Giancarlo. "why do you need it?" Her voice barely over a whisper.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:49 pm

Giancarlo stared at the girl as she pulled her hand away, astonishment written all over his face as Tabitha tugged the glove back on. It was her fathers, she said, her gaze kept on the floor as she continued to speak. He could hardly believe what he was hearing. "Your fathers? How...How did he get it?" He found himself asking, looking to her now covered hands. She couldn't be serious. What he was looking for all along, had always been in possession of the girl in front of him.

Tabitha asked why Giancarlo needed the ring, her voice weak, and coming out as a mere whisper. He found himself looking away from her then, as the answer to the question hung between them, "It's...what I was sent to look for." He finally said, still avoiding her eyes. He didn't have a clue on what to say. He knew that now that he knew where the ring was, who had it, he'd have to find a way to get the ring. No matter what the cost.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:07 pm

Tabitha took a deep breath and shrugged. "This ring has been passed down in my family for generations. It's always been ours. If i were to ever have a child i would pass the ring down as well. That's how it goes." She shrugged shoving her hands in her pockets once more. "It's basically the symbol of my family."

As he explained that it was what he was sent for she nodded. "if you must take it... then im coming with you. I can't let the ring out of my possession." she didn't raise her gaze from the floor. The ring was hers, and her father's before her. She could never simply hand it over. Her voice though quiet, was firm. There would be no changing her mind on the matter.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:33 pm

Giancarlo looked back at her, sighing. He listened to her speak about the ring's tradition, and how it'd been in her family for ages. Guilt seeped through him, as he met her eyes. "Do you know what the ring is said to do?" He asked her, speaking of its endless power. How maybe, just maybe, it was rumored to able to end the war. Thoughts lingered back to his mother, but were immediately cut off as Tabitha spoke again. He averted his gaze away from her, astonished on how she insisted that she would have to come with him. He looked at her, "The king would never allow it," He found himself replying rather quickly, thinking of the month journey it would take to go back to the kingdom. He tried to imagine how the king would react if he brought back a girl .

He looked at Tabitha, waiting for an answer. He wasn't exactly sure what he could do to convince her to leave the ring with him. She seemed rather stern about coming along with him.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:58 pm

Tabitha bit her lip. "The ring is said to hold some kind of power." She shrugged. Tabitha wasn't sure she believed that part. Her father had worn the ring, and even after passing it to her she still had memories of strange things happening around the man, even without the ring in his possession. Either way, Tabitha would not relinquish it.

"The kind can speak to me about it then. I will not just hand it over." Her voiced went up a little in volume. There was no way to change her mind. The ring was hers rightfully and she didn't care if a king was looking for it. She would not hand it over. "I go or the ring stays." She looked apologetic as she spoke. She didn't want to be a bother to Giancarlo, but she couldn't change her mind.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 pm

" Power that could end the war," Giancarlo immediately said, looking to Tabitha with intent eyes. A sharp sigh escaped his lips, and he looked away for a second. She refused to let go of the ring. Completely. Giancarlo looked back to her; could he possible bring her? The reactions of the king would be unimaginable. He didn't know just how well he would take it, "Is there really no chance? At all?" He found himself asking, noticing Tabitha's face to soften a little. He glanced back to hands, and hiding ring.

He wondered how long she had been hiding the ring. Under the glove and all, he knew that it must be quite annoying, "If you come...You do understand that the journey would take weeks , right?" He looked to her, unmoving.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Tabitha nodded sighing. Power. Of course it was power. How a ring could end the war she had no idea, but it seemed Giancarlo was sure it could. She looked down at her own hidden hand. There really wasn't any chance. She could never give up her fathers ring. "Im sorry. there is no chance." She gave him a sorry look. "I want to help you, but i can't give it up. It's my fathers."

It seemed he was wearing down. She gave a small smile at his next words. "i know. I really kind of want to go." She looked around. She had wanted a way out of the little town for years now and it seemed she might have found it. "I would want to go anyway." She added.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Giancarlo sighed heavily, knowing it was no use. Tabitha insisted she would have come. He watched her slowly, looking down, but not saying anything. She would really have to come, he realized, looking up again. "Fine," He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "We'll be leaving tomorrow morning." He added, hearing her words. A smile tugged her face, telling him that she would want to come anyway. He couldn't help but grin slightly, glancing sway.

"Pack light though," He suddenly warned her, remembering the long journey that awaited both of them. It would take four weeks to get there; they'd need plenty of food and water. He glanced around the living room, to the bundle of blankets Tabitha had given him last night. He guessed that would be okay with that. He thought back to the market, and to the left over money he had left. It would do them good for a month. "Don't bring anything unnecessary.”

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Tabitha nodded relieved he was agreeing. She smiled softly and looked around her little house. "Alright." She stepped into her room and looked at everything she had. She didn't have much. She pulled out her fathers old travel bag and dropped it on her bed. She put in a few changes of clothes, a blanket and all the extra money she had. She looked around the room thinking if there was anything else.

When she was satisfied she had everything she needed she went to the kitchen and looked at the small shelves of food. Whatever they didn't take she would give to everyone else in the town. They needed all the help they could get, that was for sure.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby swishandflicker on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:25 pm

(Rizzy, school's starting for me and replies might be slow for the best couple of weeks. I'm starting high school :c But, I'll still be replying! :)

Giancarlo watched as Tabitha left the room momentarily, glancing to his own pile of things on the couch behind them. He walked over there, folding the bundle of blankets Tabitha had given him, and shut his bag before placing it back on the couch. He put the blanket there as well. They weren't leaving until tomorrow, but he knew it was best to start getting ready today. He looked up when he saw Tabitha head to the kitchen, following behind her. "We should probably stock up on some water," He told her, looking down slightly. He nodded towards the stream they had been earlier, and to the jug of water in his hands. "We'll need it," He told her, glancing outside to the streaming light. It was probably at least 95 degrees outside.

He looked past her for a second, glancing to the bare shelves of food. "Do you need any help?" He asked her, squinting slightly as the glare from the sun worsened. He leaned slightly on the shelves next to them as he waited for a reply.

swishandflicker
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rizzyrat on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:29 pm

((alright. Well have fun in highschool. It's a crazy few years that's for sure. but it can be fun Xb. Either way, take your time and thanks for the notice ^_^))

Tabitha smiled and nodded. "Water, that's a good idea." She stretched and looked at the jug. "I need to get my clothes off the line and wash up anyway. I can go get the water." She smiled and offered to take the jug. "I shouldn't be long." She added. she wanted to be clean when they left. It would probably be a while before she could wash up properly again.

As he mentioned her shelves she smiled and shook her head. "Oh no.. i don't think so. You could pack whatever you think we may need. I'll give the rest to the townsfolk." She smiled softly.

rizzyrat
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!