Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Body Modifications...

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Body Modifications...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MurderousBeauty on Wed May 25, 2011 3:57 am

Post your body mods (piercings, tattoos), any reasons why you got them, any regrets you have, or even ones you'd like to get in the future. Pics welcome also.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MurderousBeauty
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Body Modifications...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ellipsis on Fri May 27, 2011 12:36 am

Thiiis I can definitely get into.

I have three in the upper lobe of each of my ears... About three millimeters of space in between each 16 gauge surgical steel loop. In my right, I have a 16 gauge loop through my tragus. In my left, I have a curved bar that goes through the forward helix and the rook. Then, of course, I have two to each lower lobe...no gauge.

I have no regrets about any of my piercings, though there is a subtle difference in the way the upper three are lined up in comparison to each other--I suspect that one might be a mite higher than the other. No one but me seems to notice...

The three loops on my left ear represent a past I ought to let go of but not forget. The three loops on the right remind me to think of the future. The piercing in my tragus is meant to remind myself to tend to my body and mind--to always dedicate myself to improvement. The one in my forward helix and rook is meant to remind me that I do not live only for myself, so I should not be so reckless.

March 18th, 2010. November 10th, 2010. September 11th, 2010. December 11th, 2010.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ellipsis
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Body Modifications...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Oh Ellipse... How I envy you! I've been trying to achieve the three-layered piercings for years! For some reason my body rejects them every stinkin' time :( Someday I will... I just have to! Yours look AMAZING!

Previous piercings:
Current:
Future: Just look at Ellipse's pics!

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:25 pm

I'd dont have any piercings and I don't plan on getting any although I do have some tattoos.

Here are my two current tattoos which I feel represent my personal beliefs.

And I have plans to get at least two more tattoos.

And here they are:

This one I am going to be getting on the right side of my chest. It will be the center logo with the triangle around the medical symbol, I don't know yet if I will get the words included or not. I'm going to be getting this because it's a major part of my life after all me being a Medic.

As for this it again has to do with my personal beliefs and it will be on the left side of my chest.

edit: Well it appears my last photo didn't want to show up. Anyways it is also known as the american atheist logo if you google that it should come up with an image.

Medic
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Are we the only few on RPG that have any piercings or tattoos? I find that hard to believe.

Anyways here is my 3rd tattoo out of four that I am planning on getting. This one is on my left upper chest and it was just unbandaged and washed only a few minutes ago.

Medic
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blizzard on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:49 pm

This is my tattoo, I've had it for about 4 years now. It's Rorschach's "blot" symbol from the Watchmen comics. I was big into comics when I was growing up, and Watchmen was by far my favorite, with Rorschach being my favorite character, obviously. I still really like this tattoo, and in a few years I'll probably get it re-done.

I also have my ears pierced, but their just studs, nothin' special.

I've also been entertaining the idea of getting the Blizzard logo tattooed on my shoulders or arm or something... lol
"Peace is the absence lack of war."
"I like to reserve my mouth for kissing, alcohol, and words. Not always in that order, but you get the point."
Blizzard's Music

Blizzard
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Love 'em! I've been designing tattoos for myself for a couple of years now... I just am far too apprehensive to put the fate of my art in someone else's hands : / And then have to wear it for ever if it doesn't turn out right. It's probably an irrational fear, but a fear nonetheless.

Did either of you have that feeling? And what reactions have you had good/bad in result of your tattoos?

-Lilz

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:57 pm

Well I myself was a little apprehensive when I got my first two tattoos. But both of them were done by the same artist and I found him to be trust worthy so I got my third tattoo with him and it turned out just as I wanted. I am going to have him do my fourth tattoo as well.

So if I were you I would try to find an artist who usually does the same style of tattoos as you are planning to receive. That way you can have him draw up the plans you have and see if you like how it looks. If not you can have him redraw it or go to a new artist.

Oh as well I just remembered this! When I went for my first tattoo I thought that they just freehanded the tattoo's they did but the salon I went to actually printed out a trace that when combined with some liquid and pressed to my skin it left a copy on my body. So they could follow the design perfectly.

As for reactions I have received so far:

My two forearm tattoos: I have gotten a lot of complements from both people I have shown my tattoo's to and just random strangers who happen to notice some ink on my arms and ask to see them. They have said they love the style of the writing as well as the quotes. The only bad feedback I have got is from some family members who don't particularly like that I have an atheism quote on my right arm, and that they are in a visible area when I wear t-shirts or go no shirt.

As for my new chest tattoo: I haven't really had a lot of time for anyone to comment yet but the few friends of mine who have seen it so far have been impressed and said they really liked it. Although my relatives and immediate family aren't as happy. Although they are sort of hardcore Christians so it is understandable.

Actually my brother had sent me a text asking what "Putting a Scarlet Letter on yourself" was. Because apparently he overheard my mother saying that about me. So I gave him a brief summary of the book Scarlet Letter. I will admit that it gave me a good laugh though.

Medic
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blizzard on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:37 pm

I was actually just scared about the pain when I got mine. I knew exactly what I wanted, and it's a really simple design so it's not like the artist could mess it up. It turned out pretty good. The pain wasn't even that bad actually, and I'm generally a pansy.

As for reactions, my dad loves it, my mom hates it, and most people who see it ask what it is, which I tell them. Usually they're like "wha?" but sometimes I'll get the "That's awesome!"

Blizzard
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Oh yeah I forgot about the pain. Though it really depends on where you get the tattoo. I know for my first two tattoos the only parts that really sucked was when it was near my wrist and elbow.

For my third tattoo it hurt the most when he was doing the outline (The most painful part was probably near my sternum or the left side of the picture. The least painful was probably the upper right part of the picture.). After the outline was done though he started to shade everything in and that didn't really hurt at all. I couldn't really say why that is though, maybe my body had finally released enough endorphins to dull the pain enough or maybe shading just doesn't hurt as much. Maybe I was able to go to my happy place? XD

Overall I would say that it really just depends where it is located at since some areas are more sensitive such as your wrist, elbow, sternum and your sides. But I think that the first tattoo is probably the worst because you don't really know what to expect until you get tattooed. Because honestly I couldn't explain what it feels like besides saying it feels like getting a tattoo.

Medic
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blizzard on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Maybe I'm not really a pansy? It wasn't so bad on the wrist for mine, but then again mine's really small. Idk.

Blizzard
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Yeah I dunno I mean it wasn't unbearable or anything I was just kind of thinking "Wow this actually kind of sucks." Though it wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been originally.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being me getting stabbed. I would say my first tattoo was about a 6.5.

Medic
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Medic on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:29 pm

So I know it's a double post but I figure it's worth it.

Here is my final tattoo and boy do I love how it turned out. I love my artist.

Medic
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oborosen on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:20 pm

I am so glad to see so many with these marks on them, I on the other hand am not actually allowed to mark myself as of yet. But when I am faithful enough one day I will be deemed worthy for my markings.

There are those above me who are very beautiful with there changes and those below me who aspire to the same. As a great friend for mine once said.. *We are artist, The beauty of our work is both a labor of passion and love.*
She then went on to quote another atrist, Saying the gods do not like to create true art. They leave that duty up to the artist of the world. She has long since run out of space on her body to (enhance) herself so to speak.

**Far be it from me to Judge the masses of this world, But from where I stand on this pedestal I can see all the Beautiful people.** Rip- Grigori,Yefimovich R

Oborosen
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Curiose on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:19 pm

Personally, I just have a couple of ear piercings and a naval piercing. Nothing special or schnazzy.

Probably later I'll edit this post to add up some pictures.
We are who we are through meticulous disection and suturing of all things we come by.

Curiose
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beyond sky on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:15 pm

I only have my ears pierced...but I never wear earrings and my left ear is already filling in >_< I am super afraid of the pain that multiple piercings/tattoos tend to come with. I also have super strict parents and a bunch of tough dress codes to follow in cadets/school/work.
Do you have a match...I would like to set you on fire.

Beyond sky
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leif Cauldor on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:35 am

Alright. I haven't the pictures to post on here. But, I have 16 tattoos. If you want to see the ones I have pictures of, They are in my Deviant Art collection. Http://Sishenyuandaolai.deviantart.com

(Most of them are jailhouse from when I was too young to go get them legitimately.)
The First is on my left thumb. It's an Ankh. It was a present shared with my ex wife. She has on one hers as well.
The second, is a tribal design with a Radioactive symbol dripping green ooze on my right forearm. It's covering up a jail house tattoo of the symbol for "Tao" I had taken off the Tao Te Zhing. (Spelling?)
The Third, is a symbol not unlike a dagger but more tribal on my left bicep. And not in the little curvy lines intersecting each other form. It's broken apart in various places and has colours missing in every other section.
The Fourth, "Spyder" with a web that if you look at it just right says "Lil". On my left shoulder. My nickname as a kid was "Lil Spyder" Because I used to climb on an older friend who's name was Spider. (I knew only that name.)
The Fifth is the heart on my left pec with flames above it that shows a birth date and "RIP" For my mother. She passed away some time ago and my heart burns with a passion to see her again.
The sixth and seventh are on my right breast, depicting the letters of my Mother's and Sister's initials. I love my family dearly.
The Eighth, is a handless/lower torsoless, alien on my right forearm covering yet another jailhouse tattoo. I needed something to cover up the "Egg with Legs" that was supposed to be a black widow.
The Ninth, is a cartoonish frog that my ex-wife initially designed right above my right elbow. I had it professionally done over to add color and depth to it.
The Tenth is a former "Stoner" Dot right below my right shoulder. I used to be hardcore into drugs and was very proud of it.
The Eleventh is on my right shoulder, it's a moon and supposed to have three stars. One of my best friends/exes designed it for her fascination with Sailor Moon. And, it's something for me to remember her by.
The Twelfth is on my right shoulder blade. An Anarchy symbol my brother placed on my with a sewing needle and pen ink. (We were morons.) Symbolizing the Anarchy I have in my life as I struggle to make it fade away.
The Thirteenth is my ex wife's name (I told you I was a moron) down the entire length of my spine. I was in love and stupid.
The Fourteenth is my name spelled out to resemble Kanji writing on the back of my neck. It was novel, and when I finally do decide to change my name, I will have that to remember.
The Fifteenth is on my left shoulder blade and it is a dragon. I'm still thinking about getting it re-done.
And finally, the Sixteenth is on the side of my right calf, it's a symbol, in part, to my love of Final Fantasy.

I have also had my tongue, and eyebrow done. I'm thinking about getting my labret done. None of my piercings have meaning.
As babies, mustn't we learn to crawl before we walk? Then, why as adults do we speak before we think?

Leif Cauldor
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!