Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Snagged!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Snagged!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bloodypage Kane on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:40 am

Apologies if this isn't formal or protocol but I'm fairly new at this affair.

Almost two months ago I started my own roleplay in this site but 'Life' happened and I have left my roleplay unattended since then. It may as well be considered dead by all standards so the question is how do I get this roleplay back up and running again? Or is it to the point where it is doomed to be left in a roleplaying scrapyard?

I just need a little something to breath a little life back into it although I have pondered about "advertising" it in other forums but I'm not too sure if that is appropiate or not.

Thank you for your time.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Bloodypage Kane
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Snagged!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:26 am

Oh hey, there's lots of places you can advertise your RP, though at this point I'd recommend maybe giving it a do-over or remake.

For a start, try making an interest check or alternatively roleplayers wanted

There's sometimes people in chat that might be interested, so don't feel afraid to advertise there!
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:33 am

That's the great thing about Gateway! There's always a crop of eager writers who're ready to attack some new, fresh ideas. You could try sending a message to the folks who were in the RP with you to let 'em know about the restart .. and then definitely wipe that slate clean.

I've done that before many a-time, and while it can feel frustrating, sometimes having the new beginning lets you clear up and dust off some of those posts you thought were so stellar back in the day. Woo!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bloodypage Kane on Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:42 pm

Thank you and thank you for the quick replies. I'll be getting to work on polishing, editing and re-working some of the rough patches in the roleplay. Maybe this time it can finally get off the ground.

I have one more question and this is towards ViceVersus, how can I contact the people who expressed interests? The only way I know of them is through the characters they sent on my roleplay management section. I don't see an option to contact the person behind the characters.

That is my only complain about this website is a clunky interface.

Bloodypage Kane
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Clunky interface, huh? If you have any ideas about improving the design of anything you see, send a message to one of the members of the Design team! That's sort of their job, the look and feel of how things work.

And about contacting your players, using the character list may have to be your best option. You could also make a post in the auto-generated OOC topic and try to see if there's anyone still active out there, and checking their posts regularly.

After that, head on over to the Interest Checks forum once you're ready for a new crop of writers!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!