Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life is a Fairytale

Life is a Fairytale

a part of “Life is a Fairytale”, a fictional universe by XxXDreamstressXxX.

Two friends are teleported to the dangerous fictional world of one of their stories where magic reigns supreme and danger is around every corner.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Life is a Fairytale”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Life is a Fairytale

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:37 am

<<<still here, breath slightly bated.

Nice to see that my char was approved though.

aaaannnnddd *ahem* Go team evil!

That is all....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:04 pm

Well to put it simply, would you join a roleplay where the GM, the person who made the entire thing and had more notice than everyone, doesn't even seem to have their character up after a week?

Not to say you need to just sit down a focus on this over everything else, but things like that usually don't put forth the best impression on people scrolling through these, and some people might just assume that the roleplay died.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxXDreamstressXxX on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Well sure I would.

At least half the time, GMS aren't playing anyway and since I have to read over everyone elses character, posting mine up for everyone wasn't my first priority.

Especially not given, as I said...mine was written and saved before the roleplay was posted. I would assume people were foolish for assuming the roleplay is dead when there isn't even an IC being posted in yet and anyone who bothered to read the comments would see that it didn't start.

XxXDreamstressXxX
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:44 pm

When there's a total of three characters and absolutely no IC or much OOC activity, it would be a safe assumption of perhaps not dead, but dying. A roleplay dying before the IC even starts isn't some rarity either, and every roleplay (except one) I've ever joined has had the GM playing a character.

And since your character is, you know, finished, why didn't you submit them?

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxXDreamstressXxX on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:05 pm

I was going to wait for Pimpette to comment but since she seems to be having a ridiculous amount of bad luck in regards to her electronics so I will say this.

I'm not sure if you were around very often, but it's hardly novel. I have done several roleplays where I just hosted and didn't participate. I'm also aware of how fast roleplays die and I am not panicking over this one. If people really want to do it, they can manage to stick it out a bit. I was not going to start with 3 characters anyway.

That aside, I believe I already informed you of why I didn't, you know....submit her. I had other things on my mind and plenty of other things to do. I also am not used to this new format and Pimpette was helping me. As of the moment, she hasn't been online to do so. And since you seem to be the only one concerned about it, I'm going to assume everyone else is fine.

XxXDreamstressXxX
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:58 pm

I realize that it's not impossible for GMs to not participate, just noting that it's not as ubiquitous as you think it is. As for the apparently new format, I wouldn't exactly call it a complex puzzle; name, synopsis, avatar, details.

And while we're using assumptions, one could easily assume that people haven't expressed concern is that they stopped watching the OOC due to prolonged inactivity.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm still here, but also I tend to have the paitence of a garden hoze.

I think that I have a sort of increased confidence in this roleplay's ability to survive due to it having a rather close co-gm. To me it seems like it has a lower possibility of failure even if there might be an extenede ammount of time of inactivity. But that's just my opinion.

On a less related note........I had a question about the setting. Are the majority of the citizens of the kingdom human? That is what I had assumed, but I just now realized I hadn't asked.

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MilkHoney on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 am

Hm. Well, I don't know where you are with deciding whether this is alive or DOA: I just wandered in from Roleplayers Wanted. The link at the top is not working for me. I like to scope out the other characters before brainstorming one of my own, but without a valid link to an active game, that can't happen. If this is active, I wish y'all luck, and please don't hesitate to shoot me a pm with a working link.

MilkHoney
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pimpette on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Sophia is finally up. It took a while to do, and her background is on the short side, but she has arrived.

Dreamy, I'm sorry I haven't been too active these past few days. I know you've been waiting on me to help you figure out the tab system, and I just got a window of free time to hop online.

Lifecharacter, I can assure you me and Dreamy have no intention on letting this die out. She would have had her character submitted by now if I had the time to walk her through it. Things might be moving a little slow right now, but we'll do whatever we have to in order to get things off the ground.

I'm right in the midst of finals and about ready to pull my hair out, but in just three days I have a nice 24-day break coming up, which means I'll have plenty of time to devote to the RP. Please bear with me these last few days.

Oh and, here's the Official RP Link if anyone needs it.
We compliment each other | Just like Satan and Christ

Pimpette
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Heads up that I might have some trouble posting from next Wednesday to Sunday. Going on a trip and I don't know the state of the internet I will have. I'll be sure to try an wrap up any major char interaction going on before that time and go into a soft hibernation mode, so I don't hold up the RP. If I somehow end up holding it up though, feel free to control my char to get them out of the immediate action. Just do you best if it comes to that, I'm fine with it.

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxXDreamstressXxX on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:25 am

Thanks for the heads up Max

XxXDreamstressXxX
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colors of Iris on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:12 am

*pokes head in cautiously* Uh, hello...may I reserve a spot for a Commoner?
- The world is quiet here -

Colors of Iris
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:31 pm

may i join, this seems interesting.
And on the eighth day, Death said "Let the killing begin!"

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxXDreamstressXxX on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Hello,

You two can feel free to submit apps yes, the more the merrier ^_^

XxXDreamstressXxX
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colors of Iris on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Ah, thanks. I'm working on a male character at the moment; you know, to balance out the 3:1 female gender ratio thing. He should be done soon. Hopefully. >.>

Also -- before I submit his sheet, I just wanted to check -- is this still alive? I'm sorry if I come across as rude, but the overall activity has been rather...um, lifeless? Not that I can say anything, of course; I haven't exactly been contributing, either. [laughs nervously]

...Ahem. Right. If this is normal, then please ignore my mewling.

Colors of Iris
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxXDreamstressXxX on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:33 pm

I am going to add another male as well.

Iris it is still alive, it will pick up when the other three profiles finally get submitted.

XxXDreamstressXxX
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxXDreamstressXxX on Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:47 pm

annd the other male is added so if the other three profile could go ahead and submit, I could get the IC going.

'

And can someone explain why in gods name all the characters aren't showing up?
-_-

XxXDreamstressXxX
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!