Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Death of a friend..

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Death of a friend..

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Alright, I'm not sure where to place this but alright..

Today, I was cycling home with a friend, a really good friend. But, a car hit us both and he died on the way to the hospital. I only had a small wound on my head and I'm back home again. Though, I feel so bad. He died but I survived, seems no fair to me. I've been crying all day, punched the wall a few tims of my room and my fists are bleeding now..

Maybe someone can help me out?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Death of a friend..

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LonelyGreyWolf on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Oh my god! Well, you're doing the right thing. Let it all out, don't let it build up like I did, when my sister died. I'm starting to have emotional breakdowns, and you really don't want that. Trust me. (She died a few weeks ago, and I didn't even know she existed...)

But punching the wall probably wasn't a good idea. Really, it wasn't your fault. Unless you're a super hero or something, there really wasn't anything you could do. It was a car, and an idiot driving it. Rest for a while, and keep your mind off it. Roleplaying is a good idea, but sleep is better. Don't hesitate to cry or anything, and talk to someone about it too. Just don't keep your feelings in, that's the best way to go about it. :)
What I have shown you is reality. What you remember...that is the illusion.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LonelyGreyWolf
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks LonelyGreyWolf! Well, punching the wall did release some anger but I shall try not to. I tried to sleep but I just couldn't. So.. I guess roleplaying will help me to forget it a but and feel a bit better.

I'm sorry about you're sister.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LonelyGreyWolf on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Don't be.

LonelyGreyWolf
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:52 pm

I didn't eat or drink after I got home. Normally I would but I didn't because I just was so sad and depressive.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm very sorry for your loss and the traumatic experience. I'm sure that you're going through a lot emotionally, physically, and mentaly right now and I want you to know that our thoughts are with you.

Physical violence toward yourself, as much as it may help in the moment, is a bad idea. Physical exertion such as running, lifting weights, or some other exercise will release the same endorphins without you hurting yourself. Also, I strongly recommend that you considering trying to talk to someone, be that a counselor, doctor, spiritual advisor, or someone else that you feel comfortable with that might be able to help you through this.

I hope things start to improve soon.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Thanks Jag, that'll really help out. At the moment I'm writing my feelings down releasing some of the pain.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Thoughts and prayers are with you, tornadofan2. I can't imagine the pain you must be going through right now. Don't be afraid to reach out to those around you for guidance and support. Stay strong.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Thank you. It's great to see all of these people caring so much.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Today I'm not doing any better then yesterday. I hardly slept, cried almost all night and didn't really eat or drink. Only a small cracker but I just don't feel like eating and drinking. My friends stayes in my mind, his scream just before the car hit him, how he looked.. Nothing seems to soften the pain. My dog tries to make me laugh by doing funny things and normally I would have laughed but I can't.. I can only cry..

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:37 pm

How is his soul supposed to find peace when it feels guilty of making you cry?

So instead of crying, just think of all the happy moments you had with him. I assure you, you will find peace.
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tornadofan2 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:40 pm

I will try to do that.

tornadofan2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moon/Mihael on Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:20 am

I know this is kinda thoughtless, but time really does heal all wounds. The pain will go away, but it'll hurt for a long time, and it'll only linger if you keep thinking about that hurt.

Here's my advice, and its worked for myself, and many others. Get yourself a job, or take an extended vacation away from where you are, like the next state or country over. Staying where you are wont help your recovery much, so get something that'll take your mind completely off the trauma. When you feel ready, go back to the city you and your friend lived in, grab a picture of him, and just remember him for an hour every day. If you feel depressed, or start crying, make your mind and body work for a while before trying to look at the picture again.

You being in the area wont help you. Either leave on a vacation now, or get a job that requires you to think and use your body a lot. Doing what you're doing now wont help you. I should know, I've been in your shoes almost a dozen times over.

Moon/Mihael
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!