Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

periculum Town

periculum Town

a part of “periculum Town”, a fictional universe by No-one-special.

One hero time to stand against a series of villains. The people on the side all caught up in tales one could only dream of. The mad run around and the cunning are cutting up the biggest parts of the stake for themselves. All that stopping them is one man.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “periculum Town”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: periculum Town

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:47 pm

No-one-special wrote:
Sorry, If It sounded like I placed you under the assumption that you may do that. I assure you that I do have rather good impressions of you so far.

Now, I did read this draft. I won't lie...it did take me aback a little at first to be frank. I was leaning heavily to a "No" but as I read on and thought about it I think that I would have to reconsider that stance. On his own, his was a character I would not accept but when coupled with his history and the fact hes been alive so long I think that this character actually has a lot of potential for growth and perhaps some moral questions for everyone. Its risky though, This kind of format could become preachy but I like the show of ambition from your side.

I don' think I will be against this plot idea. However, I would like you to keep your character past vague and perhaps some of it kept out of the light even OOCly. Because your character been alive so long I think his past can flexible and have a lot going on with it and I don't it to be cemented totally as in "this happened" and "this did not happen" in his world.I think what I am trying to say is I think he should be explored like a ruin himself which would fit his supernatural existence and his almost ancient level of experience. In his change from the indoctrinated childhood he had to exist in a world that pretty much go against ideals and has worked rather well opposing his beliefs I consider to be a very good line for character growth.

Because your characters very extreme views though and obvious capabilities I think it will make sense to have possible police support cast in this too. Even if it just a single detective or a normal cop possibly one who has heavily studied or was very close to his grandfather that was in the war.

Besides that, I would like it if you could give me a little bit more of a description on his looks.

I won't force you to do anything. If you want to make your characters past detailed and very solid to as where has been, who has meet and what he has done(so far we only really know his more nazi based endeavors)then I won't stop you. My input is merely a suggestion. I am also open to any disagreement about my support cast input.

I was laughing when I read it took you aback, I could see that response for sure, definitely an out there character. The thought for it just struck me. Sure, there is a certain part of him (his past role) that is a bit of a fad in movies/video games these days, but the horror take on him I like to think of as more original.

I wanted to keep my past vague and not on the page, so I am on the same page with you there. That was why I had the original comment of what should be kept confidential and what should not be kept confidential. Police would be welcome (my life experience actually involves being a police officer).

To do:
-Better physical description (I was tying to have him be an 'everyman' type of look with a bit of eeriness to him.)
-Actually write out supporting cast desc.
-Edit out most of his history so it is vague, replace it with a history of current criminal activity.

My thought is that my villain branches out to whatever city the hero is in, originating in a different part of the country with his organization. This way if my villain plays out in the RP as one of the later ones, I don't have to worry about an explanation of what he has been up to in the city the whole time. If this were the case, even in the future the supporting cast could be edited for any criminal/law enforcement characters introduced in other supporting cast listings.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Sounds good.

There not been many others joining this RP so far. A little worrying. I might set up a role players wanted soon.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cjeap on Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:22 pm

This seems interesting. Is this active? If so, I may want to make a villain.

cjeap
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:06 pm

cjeap wrote:This seems interesting. Is this active? If so, I may want to make a villain.

Your totally welcome to join. We won't be starting though until we have a hero.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Alright. I added Thane. I'm going to proof read him once more. Then I'm going to set up a RP'ers wanted thread.

If anyone has any question feel free to post.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:10 pm

Ok question time for me ^ ^

1. Who is going to be your main character Special? Like can you give us backround info on him?

2. How many more people do we need before we can start the rp?

SilverInk
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:20 pm

SilverInk wrote:Ok question time for me ^ ^

1. Who is going to be your main character Special? Like can you give us backround info on him?

2. How many more people do we need before we can start the rp?

If another villain joins which means we have another support cast member as well then all we need is a hero and we can start.

My main Is Thane mostly. I don't want to take up the villain/hero spots from the RP'ers while I'm GM'ing. I'll most likely handle various support cast to help out. Although I might make a main later after a few episodes if there a few spots open as a villain.

Thane in the profile section now. Hes pretty much a goody two shoes researcher of the mind. Spurred on by general interest, sibling rivalry and his father decreasing health.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:28 pm

I see, will look at Mr.Goody right now.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:03 pm

SilverInk wrote:I see, will look at Mr.Goody right now.

I approved your character. I would like it if you could have a final read through. There one spelling error and that it-modified-and if you change up the sentence starters a little It would be a good profile.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Will do, sorry I have been busy with stuff lol.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Alright edited it offically, I think everything is good now. If I need to do another check then let me know kay?

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:45 pm

SilverInk wrote:Alright edited it offically, I think everything is good now. If I need to do another check then let me know kay?

Its all good, I've been ghostly for your RP last couple of days and we haven't got a hero yet so we can start up anytime soon yet anyway. It might come to me having to be him if we get deseperate.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Gah I need to get moving on Contract. I am slacking on my part lol, I found a perfect avatar for my character. Hopefully it uploads quick onto the thread.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Busy at work. Added some to the desc. to see if it is up to your liking. I took down what I had for background and saved it as an aside, then wrote in some cast members. The cast is nowhere near what it could be, just a base layer.

Let me know if you want more for his current ongoings, which I would completely understand.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:29 pm

El_Gringo wrote:Busy at work. Added some to the desc. to see if it is up to your liking. I took down what I had for background and saved it as an aside, then wrote in some cast members. The cast is nowhere near what it could be, just a base layer.

Let me know if you want more for his current ongoings, which I would completely understand.

Great, I'll take a look.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Morning everyone

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:49 am

Sorry guys. I've been a little ill and handling a different set up somewhere. I was kind of letting this sleep for a little while to see if we got any new members. But I think that isn't happening. I don't know if we really have enough members, I was hoping for at least for five people-with me included-

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:33 pm

I understand what you are saying. Even great ideas fail to get enough members to make it worth doing. Just let us know, if your time is better spent with something that has more of a base for success, I wouldn't blame you for going with that.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SilverInk on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Hmmmm so are we going to kick off this thread soon or shall we wait a little bit more? Super sorry you have been under the weather Special.

SilverInk
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:31 am

Hm...it sucks. I thought this would of really been fun for everybody and was kind of planning to have a lot of members to rotate support to side kicks/main roles. Even if I took a position as a hero this would be a very empty RP.

Its a real shame..but...I think this may be a card we will have to flip upside down and forget about. It doesn't seem like it going to live.

If I happen to do anything else I think you guys would like. I'll message you.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!