Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Gladiatorial Destiny

Gladiatorial Destiny

a part of “Gladiatorial Destiny”, a fictional universe by CussingChild.

You're a gladiator in Ancient Rome. How will you do in this world of pain and suffering?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Gladiatorial Destiny”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Gladiatorial Destiny

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:52 am

I look forward to reviewing your characters! I hope everyone considers joining. I welcome anyone wanting to contribute to this roleplay.

If you leave telling yourself you won't join, alright then. Have a splendid day. But I hope you're haunted with the awesome idea of this roleplay.
Last edited by CussingChild on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not that I believe people are generally bad in nature, it's that..I know it with every fiber of my cold dark being."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Gladiatorial Destiny

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:08 am

So wait...we have no real say on the outcome of combat?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:17 am

Ofcourse you do. I will take in to account the skills of your gladiator, and the training and combat prowess. Plus the fact you're an actual person. But I'm going to roll for hits. So unless you're facing another person's character, you're more than likely to win. Playing against another player character is when it gets tricky. There I think you'll have the greatest chance of dying.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:14 pm

This looks amazing. I have a set of twenty sided die that can be used for the odds as well.
"Oh, there's some bubble wrap over there not being used? I'll just leave it alone."-Said: No one, EVER.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:00 pm

20 sided die, would help greatly. I'd love the help with the odds.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:27 pm

Would you like to start as the only player controlled gladiator in the roleplay thus far? First batch. You'll have a head start on any one who joins here after.

After we get started that way, we'll wait, and as more people join. They'll come as new recruits, with new recruits.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:49 am

I'll have a bio up tomorrow.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:56 am

Oh, alright then. So by tomorrow night I will have an entry post to the bringing in of the first round of gladiators(the two of you included).

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:17 am

How bitchin are the Picts? When the Romans were first tried to clean sweep Britonia the Picts had no metal working. Not even stoneworking. To put it this way the Native Americans were far more advanced weapons wise. So a legion marched up to Pictland which is now Scotland. Not a single one survived to come back. That is why the Picts made that border so damn dangerous.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:39 am

By the way, Rome's common tongue is called Latin.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:03 pm

X). We've waited long enough for Noxize, hope he joins soon after but I'll get together a post of the man who owns the School ordering his slaves be brought in.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:08 pm

So should Orci be in that school?

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:13 pm

Preferrably, but he could be someone that has already been training there. Like someone from past batches of gladiators.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Alright, Shadow. Be careful about jumping the gun, you can't blast ahead. I was going to have a long post that would act as an introduction, but I suppose we've evolved past that. I can only guide your characters if you allow me to. Alright, so now I need you all to go to a point where it's the morning and your character's awake in your cells. Then we'll go from there with your first day of training.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:24 pm

By the way, Drachmas are Greek and silver. Roman coins consist of Aureus (gold), the Denarius (silver), and the Sestertius (brass). Just for future reference.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:13 pm

Oh, oh, X). Yes, ofcourse. Sorry, my bad, been reading, "Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes" so the Greek culture has been fresh in my mind. Well, guys, three training days ingame and I'll be sending you to an arena.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CussingChild on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Alright, guys. Sorry I've had trouble getting around to posting and everything. Been busy with real life stuff. I got it up, and now I need you all to respond to servants bringing plates of rich meats, fruits, and wine to your room and shortly after, moderatley attractive prostitutes! Feel free to turn either away. Just know that Letonius is extending hospitality.

CussingChild
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!