Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Fleure

The Fleure

a part of “The Fleure”, a fictional universe by GracieGray.

The kingdoms of Zaiphar and Shigan have been known for their hostilities in the past; in an attempt to forge peace between the two nations, diplomatic meetings are planned and wedding plans are made. But what does a street dancer have to do with all this?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Fleure”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Fleure

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:28 am

Oh my goshhhh my little shipper heart, how could you do that to me?! I swear in the middle, I thought you were going to kill him off. I swear I thought that and I sat there like "THERE'S NO WAY RINN WOULD KILL OFF RELOS." But I waited and waited for it and I did breathe a sigh of relief when you didn't.

That one little thing was so much better than all of mine combined. I swear to it! It kind of makes me laugh in a way, because I can see Bell doing the same thing, eventually - running off to Retir. Of course, hers would be much more scandalous, but what could the emperor do once they wed? Nothing, really, to Rue and Relos (lala I love their names together... alliteration! <3). He could, possibly, manage to shame Retir for the whole "baby out of wedlock" thing, but other than that...

Oh, how angry he'd be. He'd lost one daughter to a prince due to negotiations, only to lose another. Maybe he'd learn to be a little more lenient on his wants...

The scene with Relos with the King - I could practically see it in my head and Rue peeking through the doors and Relos just standing there, fuming, fists clenched.

I loved it sooo much. So so much.

And don't worry about it! Football started yesterday for me and I've been beat the past two days... so I probably won't be on much Monday through Thursday most weeks. It's doing what it's suppose to, but it sucks, I can tell you that. It's the biggest love/hate relationship ever.

No big deal on the post. I don't wanna rush you. Just whenever... although this does hold me over quite fine. I shall re-read it once I'm really awake.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GracieGray
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SasoriRinku on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:48 am

Post is up.

Too tired to explain myself; I'll do that tomorrow, when I'm rested enough to hold my head up for a few moments. 'till then, lol.

Edit: Ok, I'm up now.

So, yeah, post is up. Sorry that it took a little while to do so, but I took a break after that little Rue shipping, lol. I've pretty much just ended the meeting now (which, might I add, I never intended to be very, very important; just in case you think I'm cutting it short. It was mainly for the purpose of introducing the princesses and getting the plot rolling). Looking back on it, I'm not entirely sure if I ended it on the right note...I might need to go back and add a little smidgen there at the end, maybe having Relos get back to the room so that you have something to post...

Also, I, once again, took a bit of liberty with the lore in this post. Yesterday and the day before, I wasn't quite sane; I'd been bombarded by a stream of movies and books that I love, many of which are set in foreign places. The crown jewel of this: Ratatouille was on yesterday, and I adore that movie. It's probably my favorite next to Studio Ghibli films. After watching it, I spent like an hour messing around, listening to the ending song from it, and i was feeling all French-y and, well, you get the point.

So, I decided to make Relos speak French, lol...

Or, at least in part. I've given Zaiphar a 'native language', something that the locals used to speak. I sort of touched on this before, with the origins of the name Zaiphar, without really meaning anything by it. However, I don't really feel the need to add a language barrier here, so I just decided: "Ahh, it can be...old; yeah, old. And everyone could just speak a sort of Common language, out of convenience..."

So, that's that. If you're willing to indulge a bit of stupidity from me, I'll use it (very) sparingly. But, if you're more of the opinion of: "Get these freakin' foreign words outta my beautiful story!!!", then I completely understand (Of course you talk like that, in my mind xD).

And, uh, since I only know (or knew, would be the better tense to use there) only the basics of the French language, I'll be taking liberties with it. I seem to take liberties with a lot of things. The little translations I added are not strictly correct, and a French speaker would probably slap me for butchering them so, but hey; it's a rp. There are no rules that say I must speak correctly (French or English).

Yep, that's it for now. I think. I will check again to see if I need to add a bit more, but if you think you have enough to post (maybe we should do a little pow-wow between the princesses...just a thought), feel free to go ahead.

-Rinn
'Mekaku City Actors anime coming soon! Brace yourselves!'

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SasoriRinku
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:34 pm

That's so cool! I speak a little - and I mean a very little - French, so the concept made me smile. I'll see what I can do with your post and perhaps I can add in some interactions among the princess as they go back to their rooms or some such.

Sorry I took so long - busy busy week - but I know if I don't get it done this weekend, next week's gonna be even busier! It'll be up by Sunday at the very latest.

Edit: I replied! I'm sorry if it's a little lackluster. I tried to keep it open ended so Relos could appear at whatever point he wanted/needed to. If you need anything just ask! :) I sent you Elle and Bell's because I wasn't certain if you wanted it added onto yours or not so you could respond... if not just let me know and I'll add it onto Lilla's post.

Also, I was re-reading through the intro page for the original Fleure... and it says that for Inamai, they're born as their animal and change back shortly after. I'm like... seeing as there's no restriction of what kind of animal you could be, I think that's a little farfetched when it concerns the larger breeds. And our birds. Because birds are born in eggs and that would be a little weird.

I know that's not really a major deal but me being who I am, I already have a breed in mind for Bell's little boy and I was just like "...wait a minute here." So... not that it effects you, but I'll be sidestepping that little trait xD

GracieGray
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SasoriRinku on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Yep, to copy you: I replied!

Sorry that it took me a little while to write it all up. I read your reply the day you put it up, it just took me a bit to get down and write. I went to do so yesterday, but then I hopped over to my other rp, TDC, and to my enduring sadness: we're going on indefinite hiatus. That basically depressed me for the whole of yesterday, so writing didn't really seem like a desireable action.

About the specific posts themselves, I wrote everything I had to say in the mail I sent you. I sent them by mail, rather than post them, because...well, because a part of it needs a reply....maybe? Ok, mainly because I want you to tell me if it's crap or not before I actually post it (thereI'lladmititmightbecrap/sadface)

"I was re-reading through the intro page for the original Fleure...and it says that they're born as their animal and change back shortly after."

'da hell...what if like, the child was an elephant Inamai? Owwwwwwwwwww. Yeah, I'll agree, there are some holes in that plan.

But, but...a little Rue-Egg?!?! /diesfromcuteness

Someone must now make a little art of this Rue-egg. It must exist!

Oh, and just for your information, I've been struck by some ideas for another little story like my Rue one. It's not as deffinite as the other was, by a long-shot, but it has been tossing around in my head for a bit...if it becomes too incessent, then I may be writing another one of those here shortly.

SasoriRinku
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SasoriRinku on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Gasp, I'm alive! Don't worry, I didn't think I was either. I'm just as surprised as you are, honestly!

Heh, all humor aside, sorry for not having anything up earlier in the week. It has just all around not been a great week for me; had plenty to keep me busy, and got a bit of bad medical news, so I've been running with a pretty low tank. By that, I mean I've been pretty sulky. Combine that with the fact that TDC closed, so I don't have my little not-family to amuse myself with, and you get one sad little Rinn.

Pass the tissues? I still need to get over that...even went and signed up for a new rp impulsively to try and fill the gap, but...alas, nothing could compete!

...I'll need another week and several more mugs of coffee before I'm normal again. Or, well...until I'm "normal", again.

But enough of me rambling about my (agonizingly boring) life! As far as the posting goes, I went ahead and put of the princesses little chat up, since there wasn't really anything else to add to it. (Why I even sent that back to you in the first place...ahh, not sure?) And I put up the "MEANWHILE, IN ANOTHER PART OF THE PALACE!!!" post up, as well. That'll be the thing to respond to next, I guess. Relos and Lilla need to have their little pow-wow. Touch base, make a few jokes, give eachother googly eyes, and all that jazz. Ahh, aren't the two of them just adorable? (I may be thinking of the wrong couple, don't mind me)

And, yep...that's all for now.

-Rinn.

-P.S, The Princesses post has such a colorful introduction! It's like, Quadruple Rainbow all the way across the title page, man! What does it mean?..

SasoriRinku
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:03 am

I am so, so sorry, too. I replied to your message because I wasn't entirely certain what to do with it and didn't explain myself. Like you it's been a really busy week - I hope your health is okay :/ - even though it was my week off from things.

I'm just going to warn you that starting today - Monday - my schedule is going to be all kinds of crazy. I've got a little over a month until school starts, team camp is two weeks from now, and then my dreaded eight hour long two-a-days starts in three. Ack. That being said I will be on as much as I can because, well, I have no life outside of football and I love to roleplay! So.

Again I hope you're okay, and I'm so sorry about TDC ._. That happened to me one time before, I was just getting immersed into a roleplay and the creator cut and left before I could even save the text interactions so I could re-read them. It was only the beginning and we had so much more we could have doneeeee.

I'll go read your post and probably fangirl flail because that's what I do, yes.

- Gracie

Edit: eagierubgeri it's three thirty and I really ought to be asleep but I just spent like twenty minutes trying to draw Relos because for some reason, that part after she takes inventory makes me all mushy inside. I couldn't find a pencil so i had to use a pen and it looks like he's wearing a bumpit so I'll probably try a better version in the morning, but either way I'll probably end up showing you.

I hate it when the movie in my head is so well drawn I can't do it. I don't know if that's a me problem, but this whole RP has been like it's own anime and I can't even draw it the way I see it, and it makes me sad.

Plus, he didn't notice her shirt and that made me grin.

Okay. I'm going to bed. Post up by Friday, at the latest, I promise!

PS: I was playing the sims on one of my DC houses, and my teen girl Irey comes home from school with a friend! I didn't recognize her at first. She brought home Rue :D
You can't really see her but I thought it was cute. They gossiped and played a little soccer.

So it's Wednesday and I haven't posted and I'm sorry ._. I'll try to get to it this weekend. Swear.

GracieGray
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:40 am

I'm so sorry it's been so long since I checked in omg.
I'm just glad you're OK and alive and all that mushy business. I thought maybe you had done what a lot of people do on here and just jumped ship, which I was alright with, but you don't seem like the kind of person to just go and leave without saying goodbye, so I knew you had some reason or other. I have no reason for my absence except I have only freetime on Sundays, and have only had freetime on Sundays since the last time I posted... lol. Busybusybusy.

And yes I did creep through your recent OOC posts and that's how I know you're back, because I'm that kind of controlling girlfriend and I was a little concerned, so.

BUT YOU'RE BAAAACKKKK and you seem alright. And I'm totally not mad. xD I'm really not. I thought this was just to be declared dead, but the other day my teacher gave me a writing prompt and somehow it lead back to this with the races, and I decided to get on and check this after like two weeks of not being on. I'm so glad I did.

AHHH *hug* Okay, I'll stop acting like a ten year old now. Swear.

GracieGray
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SasoriRinku on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Ok, yes, I'm back. I'm a coward when it came to facing you, but...back anyway ^^;

Even though you say you're not mad, I still feel the need to apologise. If you've read my OOC post, then I hope you understand that I really was onset by a bout of different, random things that took me out of commission for a while. So yes, I do apologise. It was never my intention to walk out on this rp, just so you know. If I ever am not on for an extended period of time, it is usually because things have come up in my life that prevent me from doing so. And, provided that I'm able, I will eventually get back on and hopefully continue where I left off.

That said, I was a bit lazy since getting back on RPG. Although I'm not sick anymore, nor am I still obligated to help my firend, I am still quite busy with work. Therefore, I haven't been writing as much as I used to be. And, honestly, I've been worried with playing my part in Neo-TDC, as I call it. I haven't actually bothered with this one yet...

For the third time, I'm sorry! I may or may not have anything up tomorrow or whatever, but I will work on getting something up sooner rather than later to get this back on track. It's going to be interesting, surely, picking this back up. I've sort've forgotten where we left off. Guess I've got some reading and character connecting to do ^^;

And yes, hugs are in order. Sorry (fourth time, now) for neglecting you for so long. If I catch spare moments over the next month then I'll start putting together another vignette. God knows I've had ideas and inclinations to do another, but...well, enough buts. I'll see what I can cook up. ^^

(Yes, I am plying you with literary gifts (read: bribing). Is it working?)

-Rinn

SasoriRinku
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:03 pm

RELOS'S TRICKERY IS REAL

Bribes are not needed and blaaaaahhh you don't need to apologize so much! No worries.

GracieGray
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SasoriRinku on Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Alright, well, I hope you don't mind that I went ahead and wrote my little vignette first. I just felt like it'd be better for me to do things in this order to get in Relos' character again. Besides which, I feel really content for having written another one of these. ^^ Makes me feel validated and all that. Anyways, hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

The Story <3

@Hey, that's pretty cool! I didn't know that actually worked. Wait, wait, I mean; of course I knew that, yeah! I totally based that scene off of scientific fact.

SasoriRinku
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:52 pm

I loved it! :D I like reading little one-shots like that nearly as much as I like writing them. You certainly are making me into a Relos/Rue shipper. I don't know if my heart could take it.
There are so many options with Relos... Relos and May would be super cute also... Except if they made red haired, red-eyed babies. I'd be afraid people would think it's the devil's child or something. But still! Red hair and white dog ears? Cuteeee.

While you worked on that, I finished my little scene I was telling you about. It isn't even really related to our characters, except I use Zaiphar as my prince's homeplace simply because he's meant to be a Vyx. It's a looong story, and I could give you some backstory, but I think the scene mainly speaks for it's self.

Prince from bustling city/country with the "magical" ability to create electricity and light that only runs in his family + Nomadic tribe with the odd Pyschre abilities but none of the looks who somehow manage to get into Zaiphar every few weeks, without the proper paperwork = these two. Drama llama.

Anyway, here's myyyyy story. It's at the end of the other snippets... which looking back at, I'm not entirely proud of. Oh well!

GracieGray
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GracieGray on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Okay, I don't think this thread could attract any more tumbleweeds but I was literally in bed this morning waking up and had the thought

"oh my god, fish Inamai. MERMAIDS." And my brain just went WOOSH because inamai's don't pick their breed it picks them so imagine all these babies that end up just being sea creatures or kept in royalty aquariums because there's literally no where else for them

but what if they only adopt some breed traits and this could do the whole Ariel bit and live on land also but be super ignorant because, no matter the language, speaking to someone underwater sounds different and they live without so many things and walking is foreign to them and UIEBRIG
I'm done xD

GracieGray
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!