Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Welcome to the Edge

Welcome to the Edge

a part of “Welcome to the Edge”, a fictional universe by Rend.

They say that at the Edge of the world the fight for the survival of humanity rages on. Because of a freak accident and a hidden past, one teen is about to be forced into that fight, whether they want the truth or not.[one on one only]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Welcome to the Edge”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Welcome to the Edge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:39 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Welcome to the Edge"

Whooooo. This one's a doozy. Hope I didn't terrify everyone away already. ^^;;;

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Welcome to the Edge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:11 am

EDIT: Seems I'm not the only one who's interested in this. Since Castella seems really enthusiastic, I'll redact my reservation and leave it to him/her. I've got more than enough on my hands, anyway.
Last edited by Tsukiakari on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:14 am

This sounds extraordinarily interesting. I've been looking for an RP like this for a while. With this being a one-on-one RP, i'm assuming that you're going to judge by character bios, correct? How long would this spot be open?

Castella
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:29 am

Hello to you both. ^^ That was quick. I am glad that I've managed to catch your interest. To answer your question, I was mostly just going to wait until someone submitted a character that seemed fun to play with. If you like, I can reserve the spot for you for a while to give you a chance to toss up a bio and we can go from there?

And Tsu if you are still interested, I do have other plots in the works, but if you have your hands full I completely understand. <3

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mat_z6 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Grrr! Looks like someones already claimed the role. :p I've just gotten my computer fixed and I've been wanting to find a legit and involved RP to join. If you have any other spot I can take I will totally follow through with this. This looks really awesome. ;)

Mat_z6
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Thanks for clarifying Rend, I'll take that reservation. Hopefully I'll be able to post my bio up by tonight.

Castella
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flame1819 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Gah! Should've checked this out first DX Oh well... I guess I was too late. Um, if you have a spot open in one of your other plots, I'd be willing to take it instead...

Flame1819
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:01 pm

Sorry for not having my character up right away, my internet took a poop. I should have clarified further. The character that you would be playing is a normal human as far as they know. They have no remarkable powers or anything and for their entire lives they have lived a normal life with their family and their mother Tanis has told them nothing of it, in fact Tanis herself isn't even aware of her daughter being a Sol. Forgive the confusion. Also if you would like to take a look at Hiiros' bio it's will give you a better idea of what I am looking for.

As for everyone else, I do have more plots that are in the works, all of them in this same universe just happening in different places. If you'd like to send me a pm, I'll give you the run down on the different plots and you can take your pick. ^^

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 pm

I've submitted my character. If there's anything you have a problem with, just say the word and I'll work with it. I must apologize in advance. It's been a while since i've written anything outside of school work so I found this character profile pitifully weak. I'll be going over it later to make some changes.

Also D:

I didn't know so many people wanted this RP...I feel a little guilty for taking the place.....

(must. work. harder.)

Castella
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:48 pm

She is wonderful, dear. ^^ No worries. The beauty of writing a story is that the characters have plenty of time to change and grow and develop. I look forward to playing with you. ^^ I'll get to work on an introduction for you. <3 Hopefully I can match you well. I am also a bit rusty.

EDIT: Post is up, feel free to start wherever you'd like, be it at the scene or after. I'll post up the bio of her Uncle soon. Just know that at some point she will be getting on a private jet to get to the city, you can decide for yourself how and when that happens. ^^

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Well, that post took way longer then it should have. When this really gets moving, I'm sure that there are plenty of things that are bound to change. Your intro was great, but I had a hard time connecting with mine so please forgive me as I may have gotten a little too excited and took a step towards the dark side >:)

Assuming that this is going to be more than a romance, would you mind if I shuffled around and made two or three other bios. Not all at once of course (I may just punch myself if I sat long enough to do that). Since Ianthe is the newbie to the city and all, I would really like to be able to play a more mature character that grew up in the Edge. To be specific, a guardian as you have listed in the info page. Just making sure. Details would be awesome too.

Castella
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Of course, make as many characters as you like. This is after all, your story now too. ^^ I'll post up more details about the Guardians as soon as I finish reading your post. <3

EDIT:: Sorry if I left things a little too open, but it looks like you did wonderfully regardless. ^^ Are you wanting me to skip ahead or do you want to play out the murders further? Just a note Hiiros isn't going to be meeting her right away, she will be spending some time with her Uncle and with school at first so that will also give you more opportunity to introduce characters of your own.

Info about Guardian: High tech soldiers, enhanced with various chemicals and trained from the time they enlist. Most start fresh out of highschool and are trained rigorously both physically and mentally to combat the darkness and protect the city. Almost exclusively working in packs, they often coordinate their teams with the Angelis and Watchers, a fact that has become a bit more challenging with the Alpha being so unpredictable. Each team has a Watcher monitoring them and relying important information to them from their base, much like a dispatcher. Guardian armor is thick and enchanted with holy wards to help prevent the darkness from harming the wearer though it is not perfect. White bullet proof vests, grieves, and gauntlets, trimmed in silver with the trademark symbol of the sword and wings emblazoned upon the chest. Their weapons are highly advanced guns and grenades, as well as beam swords and other variants.

Info about Watchers: Watchers are...eccentric and usually kept almost perminately within the Guardian headquarters after being recruited. Hooked up to computers and gear that enhances their sight using the obelisks. They answer to James Reign, head of the Watch.

Hope this helps a bit ^^;;

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks for the info, it helps tons! I may be posting another bio depending on my time constraints. Also, what is your opinion on dogs?

As for the murder thing, I have to admit that it sounds like tons of fun and would make things seem a bit more realistic but I'm more excited for things to start happening in Edge. Feel free to skip ahead a bit, perhaps some manipulative devil out there chucks a poor sap out to be the scapegoat. Maybe the case cleaned up a little too cleanly or something, to give another interesting plot point to throw Ianthe for a loop. I'm open for anything so don't hesitate when throwing in those surprises.

Castella
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Dogs? I love dogs. ^^ Any particular reason?

I can bs something for the murder. Oh and don't worry, the thing that killed them will be making an appearance again real soon. -evil grin-

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:19 am

Hm, no specific reason, you just might be seeing one prancing around often >:3 I'm cycling through all the possibilities of a character owning a dog and while I am, at heart, a cat person, I love dogs too.

Whatever you have in mind, go for it....*slightly concerned*

EDIT: Speaking of which. We're in this together so if there's any burdens, please share them with me so we have equal participation in this story :).

Castella
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Erm, hello there? Sorry, I didn't know if you were expecting me to post yet. I thought you were going to do something or some such.

I have a character in the works but I've got two AP tests coming up soon. For the sake of my grade, I hope you won't mind me spending more time on...eh, studying.

Castella
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Forgive me, I was dealing with work stuff that came up so my time online the past few days has been limited.

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:11 pm

All is good, I can understand your time constraints.

Castella
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:27 am

I've been working extra shifts because of a couple people being fired so I've been passing out the moment I get home. x_____x I have most of a post for you ready, just need to finish and it should be up soon. I'll try to get it up today after a nap.

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Castella on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Oh geese, don't overwork yourself too much. Take your time, I'm in no rush either. I'm still working around a character bio during my free time.

Castella
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!