Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Halo: UNSC 5th of November

Halo: UNSC 5th of November

a part of “Halo: UNSC 5th of November”, a fictional universe by Mathew Littlepaw.

"Mayday, mayday, mayday! This is UNSC MTS 5th of November, stranded on an unknown Forerunner world, we are carrying VIP crew and experimental equipment, if someone- no... Anyone... Reads this, send reinforcements..."

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Halo: UNSC 5th of November”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Halo: UNSC 5th of November

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mathew Littlepaw on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:10 am

Nope! x3 Captain has activated shipwide lockdown. Were going to crashland! Everyone hold on, were going in!!

Oh, and after we land, ill explain what crashed into us. x3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mathew Littlepaw
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Holo, man. Come on, you gotta step up with these posts a little.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:30 pm

I hope no one minds that I kinda had the little disaster with the ships gravity getting influxed. Every sci-fi bit I've ever read or watched has always told me that the pull of a planet's natural gravity well always trumps that of artificially generated gravity any day. Especially when crashing, but that might just be for added tension. If it's andissue I'll try to think of a new post, though I really hope it isn't cause it made might post sound kinda exciting. And Holo, the little posts kinda make it hard for anyone to reply to you. I mean, you give so little to respond to, that we're forced to make little posts to and then this turns into one big chatroom play-by-post.
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:19 pm

give me something good and my poor roleplaying skillz will give you their best which by the large number of complaint's seems like crap.
so how is everyone?
(\ /)
( . .)
(")(")

getting closer to world domination since 1999.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:19 pm

"give me something good and my poor roleplaying skillz will give you their best which by the large number of complaint's seems like crap."

What?

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:15 pm

well I'm trying and all I hear back is complaints from you guys.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:47 am

Im sorry, but three sentences isn't trying. Hell, I write on average 600+ words, and Im NOT even trying. I am not trying to come down on you or anything, it's just that your posts leave a lot to be desired. There is a ton of activity going on, the ship is crashing for god's sake, there are literally thousands of things for you to respond to that you can pick from in making your post...you could take something already established (the gravity failure, the escape broadcast, the ship's tilt etc.) or come up with your own...just think of what;s going on...and run with it.

I just think it's sad that you are playing TWO PEOPLE and your post is insignificant. I can read your post out loud on one breath...that is unacceptable. If you need help, or ideas...just PM me, I have nothing against helping you flesh things out some...I am not saying this stuff to be mean to you, I just think you can improve.

Again, PM me if you need ANY help. Or if you just wanna discuss what I have said here. Please, do not take anything I have said the wrong way, this is not a flame...it's just me trying to get my point across.

Grahf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:01 am

shit I know I can improve fuck tons of room for improvement.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:36 pm

Holo, you know your first post in this rp? That should be the bare minimum you strive for. A good formula to follow is just stretch a action in descriptions and comparatives. You do that right, you can make a handshake take up two paragraphs..... for a freaking handshake. Or just have your character go over everything in her head. Look at my first post in this rp. That fight took 15 seconds, but I made my entire post about it. I know it sounds stupid, but treat it like one of those discovery channel specials. Pick one action and treat it like it went into slow-mo, how much more detail could we see? What would it look like? What are you thinking during this? Obviously, you don't have to do this on everything or anything really, it's simply just a method of stretching out a post.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:18 pm

don't talk to me raidose -_-

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:02 pm

This Rp has gone stale. I am waiting for a few straglers to post before my next, but it's looking like no one else is going to be active anytime soon. A shame, I was having fun.

Grahf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:32 pm

I won't be the cause of this RP's death.

Just give me a day and I'll have a post up. c:

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:07 am

I would post but am busy feeling offended no just kidding I just want help from nox first.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mathew Littlepaw on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Is no one going to respond? The RP is still going you know people...

Mathew Littlepaw
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:03 pm

I was the second to last to post, so it'd be weird if I did. That, and I was kinda needing someone to find Choi's pod. He's out cold.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Either

A. I own the most awesome ways to reach the planet below

or

B. I just killed Dalton.

c:

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:08 am

Pants, what kind of Captain is Dalton? If he's a military Captain, then you can stop questioning why they out rank you. A Navy Captain is the equivalent to a Colonel..... I think. I know they are way higher than air force captains, marine captains, army captains, etc etc. Either way, just wondering.

Ah, the Armor Lock. Cause Spartans are too cool to use drop pods like ODST. Really, the MJOLNIR armor can survive a drop from outer-freaking-space through the atmosphere, crashing to the ground like a meteor relatively unscathed, and yet in the games a couple of rounds from any old assault rifle can kill you. What a bunch of crap, in reality that armor should have the same rating as a freaking Wraith tank. Maybe more.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:52 am

was that better? ps armor lock is available to all spartans due to it being a external armor attachment ^_^

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Uhh... No, Holo. Armor Lock is a built in feature in all MJOLNIR Armor Mark V or newer. Halo Reach was a gameplay mechanic. There's nothing external about it. And yeah, that post is better. Still kinda small, but better.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby holothewisewolf on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Wasn't asking you >:(

AND The Armor Lock Armor Ability provides the player's shield with a massive boost, preventing the user from taking any damage, acting similar to Halo 3's Invincibility. However, the player becomes locked in place, unable to move. When deactivated after two seconds or longer, it sends out an EMP blast to nearby enemies, and pushes them away from the player before emerging. Any Plasma Grenades sticking to the user are removed upon activation.[5] Activating the ability can also repel incoming Rockets. It also has the useful ability of being able to push a Falcon out of the sky when standing on it. This also deactivates the vehicle causing it to fall to the ground because of the EMP. The ability can be used by both Elites and Spartans. Both the human version and Elite version of Armor Lock are enabled through an external shielding attachment.

holothewisewolf
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!