Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Life Before the Bathhouse

Life Before the Bathhouse

a part of “Life Before the Bathhouse”, a fictional universe by peachyme123.

Over 100 years before Chihiro showed up at the bathhouse door. (This is a roleplay about the movie Spirited Away.)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Life Before the Bathhouse”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Life Before the Bathhouse

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DasNaisa on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:58 am

@Inno

I completely agree with you!
It's much more fun ( and also a lot more simple ) to start in the whole gist of things.
If it's ok with peachy we should all probably add what job our characters start out with and also maybe a teeny weeny bit of history as to how they got in, and why they got the job they did.

If your proposal is accepted, is there any particular place where all of our characters should end up meeting each other?

@Peachy

Sorry If my character is a bit girly. I resubmitted my character as a guy, but I was too lazy to go back and fix his personality. My point is; don't be too surprised if he comes off as a "house-wife" type person. ouo

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DasNaisa
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inno on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 am

Lol@the housewife comment..

Anyway, I'm glad you agree, I was worried I'd be boo'd off stage, rofl. I also like that idea of adding the job title we have. And also how they got it and why; that would be an interesting part of it.
OHOHOH. We could... fill in "applications" on why our characters would make a good cook or cleaner of whatever. But it should be at least 3 of the 5 choices Peachy has offered. Then we can rate how proficient our characters are at the job they applied for on a scale of 1-5 or something. That way we can be placed correctly. c:

About the place we can all meet...
Quick example: Your character is a cleaner; s/he makes the bed, dusts, etc. Another character is a cook; s/he obviously makes the food and washes the dishes. My character could be the assistant person; helping with problems around the park/inn.
(first meeting) Your character comes to my character (while my character is in the gardens helping another gardener character or something) and says the room they had just been cleaning, that customer leaves their plates on the floor and tables instead of putting it on the cart and setting it outside like they're supposed to (I totally just made that up). So your character is kindda annoyed and wants me to go talk to the customer about the situation. Both characters could go to the kitchen and talk to cook (second meeting) about missing dishes. Afterwards my character can talk to the customer.

Just everyday, normal interactions like that ya'know? We don't all have to get along but I feel like we should be in the middle of the story where we all at least know one another and understand how the park/inn works.
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." ~A.A. Milne

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Inno
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiyokojordie on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 am

I think that sounds like a really good idea, though I think it would be good if most were new arrivals so to fit into Peachy's main idea...but only by a few days/week/month etc. So our characters still know the ropes but are trying to get used to interactions between workers and customers of the park.

Kiyokojordie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DasNaisa on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:30 am

@ Inno

lol, hope no one minds a guy housewife.

I have no complaints, it sounds good to me! Loving the scenario btw, lol.

@ Kiyoko

That doesn't sound like a bad idea! So our characters wouldn't be "Oohing" and "Aahing" all over the place,
but they wouldn't exactly be completely used to it yet. I think that the assistant should be an exception though. It would be a bit awkward to have he/she have no clue what they're doing. A few mistakes here and there aren't that big of a deal, but the assistant should generally be comfortable with what they're doing.

CURRENT REAL-LIFE TIME : ( Just thought it might be helpful to add this, in case I wasn't posting for a period of time )
11:37 pm. I'll be gone until 3:30 pm.

(I have school tomorrow :P )

DasNaisa
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inno on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:21 am

Yes to all of that, lol.

Good night.

Inno
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tezza on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 am

Oh wow, I love reading what I miss out on commenting on :P
No, but those ideas sound awesome!!! So excited about starting this (:
SO, just to break it down, we'd like to start where we already have our jobs, but we all haven't met yet, but we meet over a series of events such as something as simple as a customer leaving plates, cutlery etc in their room (: Awesome.
I love you guys :')

tezza
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiyokojordie on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:45 am

Haha :D I'm excited too, I just wish we had a few more people.

Kiyokojordie
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tezza on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:54 am

People problems :(

tezza
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inno on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:30 am

People... ;-;
Has Peachy posted a wanted ad for this? That might help.

Inno
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laseu on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:33 pm

@Everyone

Hey guys, it's DasNaisa here. I stupidly forgot my password for my other account,
so here I am. LOL. Don't freak If I'm tagging Sera in all of my posts.

Laseu
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laseu on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:45 pm

So, shall we start? :P

Laseu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kiyokojordie on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:16 am

I'd love to :) we should wait for Peachy though.

Kiyokojordie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laseu on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:39 am

Ah, very true.

Hoping she likes all of our ideas :P

Laseu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby peachyme123 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm so Sorry guys I have had some comp problems over the last few days :(
And I love everyones ideas, it's great that you worked on that plan while I was gone.
I shall make the first post and that will show you it's time to start the RP.
@Inno I loved your idea about filling out "applications" ,they could be in your guys first post . (by the way it can be and opptional.)
I'm going to have us all take a vote. Should the RP begin in the gist of things. Or should it begin when they just arrive. So heres how it's going to work you guys are going to PM me which one you choose and I'll count them up.Just so nobody knows who picked which, only me.

Thanks,
Peachy
I am the beginning of sorrow, and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me, yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk, yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun, but I am never out of darkness.

peachyme123
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Laseu on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 pm

It's all good, just made my vote :P

Laseu
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tezza on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:10 am

I've voted as well (:

tezza
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Monochrome on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Sorry it's taking so long, but I'm actually making a character for this! He should be posted today~

Monochrome
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!