Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Perhaedian Empire

Perhaedian Empire

a part of “Perhaedian Empire”, a fictional universe by kexia.

King Aievol has sat on his throne of tyranny for far too long. The Empire no longer thrives the way it used to; and the citizens of this great land live each day in fear. Who will stand up and join the cause against this evil?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Perhaedian Empire”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Perhaedian Empire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Scarlette on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:28 am

I think this leaves us all in a bit of a bind.

It's safe to say none of our characters really dont have any rapport with one another (maybe certain couplings, but as a group there is nada) and its painstakingly obvious that our band of rag-tag misfits are simply together because they HAVE to be for the story to move along. There is simply no glue that holds them together.

No ring to our fellowship!!!! (PRECIOUS!)

There is Anira and Asher who want to raise an rebellion, Miorie who could care less as long as no other elf if lost, Pyrian and Rowan who are along/observing the ride, and poor Joph who is being dragged around because he's too nice to say no. And none of these character's are budging on their point of view, which is reasonable;character growth/change isn't going to happen in a single post or because of new player introductions.

Point being: there's no common ground among our characters. If in reality this was to happen the group- by now- would have gone separate ways. By simply adding MORE characters into the mix, specially in this forest setting, we're loosing some character/story development.

That isn't to say I don't want Pyro to join us, including everybody in this RP is essential.

But let's think about it: two elves meet three strangers = group of five. In less then 48 hours, in the same territory, we'll be adding three more into the clan = group of eight. And nothing binds the 8 together except "oh shit, we're all in the same place! LET'S GO FORTH." It's poor development. But, then again, that's just my opinion.

How does GM want to proceed?
Weird works for me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lady Scarlette
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pyrotechron on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:11 am

Hmmm.. I see wisdom in your post, Scarlette. (or experience, either works for me!)

My character has always been more of a lone cleric anyway. Now that he has led the two insurrectionists to "safety", that kinda leaves him in a limbo. He could go off into the desert and continue training as he has done for years, or he could proceed into the city in an effort to hunt down demons. I am still developing his character, so I am not exactly sure what he would do at this moment.

With that being said, I DO know that he would not like to join your "merry little band" at this moment. Actually, it might be better if he went on a private RP to do a little soul searching for a few posts.. Maybe look up the history of Sithe because he is curious about demons?

Just throwing ideas out. As for the "glue", yeah. We need something to pull us all together toward the same goal.
The pointless point: Reality.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pyrotechron
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Scarlette on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:57 pm

At the moment, the group is trying to start a side mission/quest (?) to enter Ma'el and ask for reinforcements from the elves, however, the elves will give one condition. Find my character's enslaved brother before anything else. This way it ensures the rebellion can earn trust from the elves, and ultimately an elfish army.

This cements Miorie's and Joph's placement in the group.

Asher and Anira's attention are pretty obvious, start a rebellion and a new age.

The others, honestly, Im having a difficult time seeing solid placement. Again, this is what story development is for. They'll have pivotal moments, solidifying their placements, when they're players decide when and how.

I think there is a possible story line to introduce your character, Pyro.

Sithe is still running around as a solo party. I'm unsure of what Biker has planned for the character- weather the character plans on turning good or staying terrible. That being said, I think it's pretty clear Sithe has a hard on for causing pain to the party and their plight. We can use Sithe again, as a segway, to introduce your character to the group.

I was thinking (and of course, if this flies with GM, Biker, and yourself) something along the lines of: Nicholas retreats back into the dessert to recollect and do whatever he does. Sithe, still trying to gather himself from his encounter with Kayo managed to wander near Nicholas' safe heaven. Being demon and angel, sparks tend to fly, yes? But, Nicolas sees the human in Sithe (as Sithe is still trying to hold him back, when Walker tried to surface during the fight with Kayo) and thinks "hot damn, there's still human in him. A lost child, like I was....I WANNA SAVE HIM."

So you follow Sithe around, and he finds our group again, coming out of Ma'el and decided to cause demonic fun. Demonic fun accomplished, and Nicholas realizes he can stay with the group not because he wants to start a rebellion (eventually, he can like the idea it's up to you) but use them as bait. He'll only ever meet the Sithe and Walker again when he decides to drop of demonic torment on his toys.

This can lead to a number of possibilities and outcomes, for amazing character development.

Spitballing here- we can always try to come up with other plotlines. Just trying to get everyone interconnected and give the party some connecting factors. What do involved players say?

Lady Scarlette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:21 pm

As far as group dynamics go, I don't think these guys are really going to be close to one another until they've spent more time together. They need to fight some battles together, deal with some serious stuff where they are all needed in order to find out how they work together. It might not even be until they get out of Ma'el that they really start to see the point in being together as a group.

I WOULD, however, like to take the rest of the trip to Ma'el a little slower, see some characters talking to each other. Trying to learn more about one another. Anira's going to try to warm up a little bit and make an attempt at getting the others talking. I'm gonna go catch up on the posts I've missed, then I'll get my own post typed up and out.

Scarlette's idea for Sithe and Nicholas works for me, if that sounds good to the other players.

kexia
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Scarlette on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Looks like we have a character bail. How does group want to proceed?

Lady Scarlette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asher MstrImmortalis on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Oh crap. Sorry guys. I'm going to post at least by the end of tomorrow.

Sorry for not participating in this roleplay much. I'm prioritizing my role-plays again. x.x
The Darkness serves to make a faint Light glow brighter. However, those drenched in Light only serve to create Darkness.

Asher MstrImmortalis
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Scarlette on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Didn't mean you Asher :)

it looks like Nightmaric bailed. And declared so in the RP thread, not ooc. Soooo, looks like we have to switch gears.

Lady Scarlette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emjajoas on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Seeing as talking it out is out of the question.... uhhhhhh.... We could just carry on I guess...?

Also, do any of you want to discuss how you want our characters to interact, or do you just want to let it kind of play out?

emjajoas
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Scarlette on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:16 pm

I suppose so, not much else we can do.Other than dislike the character enough to leave her behind and never see her again.

Lady Scarlette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:00 am

Well... was that god modding? Really? Hm. I didn't think so... Sorry, but I mean, Anira wasn't about to just let her go galavanting off through the forest willy nilly. That was my character being who she is.

Anyway. Um how about if... Perhaps Miorie or Joph signal the nearest patrol and have them lead her out of the forest? She can't just be left behind in the middle of the forest. Then.. well, Sithe or whoever is welcome to have at her, if you like. That, or perhaps I can write her up as breaking out of Anira's grasp and making a run for it, and someone shoots her with an arrow or something. Ideas?

If you would like to discuss how they'd interact, that's great!

As far as Anira is concerned, she has welcomed the others into the group, but that's not to say she trusts them. She is starting to warm up a little bit to the idea of being surrounded by people and the fact that, as the leader, she is expected to have some kind of rapport with them. She isn't likely to just start up a cheery conversation with anyone, but if anyone was curious about her, she might answer some questions. Otherwise, she'll probably stick to herself, realizing that the others seem to have made friends among one another.

Hope that helps. Sorry I've been MIA lately. You guys are welcome to get one Skype (if you have it) and hollar at me if I haven't been around. I've been forgetful with school and stuff, but I'm pretty much always logged in on Skype.

Edit: Also, look out. We've got a new guy on the loose. http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/perhaedian-empire/characters/sirus-draigo

kexia
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Scarlette on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:50 am

For the record, TOS states that we can't force reactions onto other characters.

Basically it formulates to:

OKAY: Miorie sent a death glare to Joph. Her glare meant to send shivers down his spine.

NOT: Miorie sent a death glare to Joph, her glare sent direct shiver down his spine.

It's quite the fine line, and very hard to be mindful of. However, I don't see what the big deal was, it's wasnt a full blown God-mod post (picked her up, slammed her down, she could feel all her ribs breaking, and then she DIED) If I were to go through all our posts, I'm sure I could find that ALL of us have put "forced" reactions/feels onto other characters. To say the least, Kayo's character post and quite a few of them. It's like the kettle calling the pot black. But I think it's a loss we can very easily recover from.

Moving on,I say tie off all the loose ends, with no chances of the character coming back. Cut her loose, and if nobody in the group wants to kill her, I'll have a patrol do it.

From what gathered there some serious bad blood between Kayo's character and Pyrian and Anira. If one you guys wanna finish the job, that would make some sense. Other wise, the patrols will have at it and I can type it up. Unless someone would like to do something different?

Huzzah on the new character!!! What does Incarnate have planned for him? We can totally set him up with Pyro's character. How exciting!

Lady Scarlette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:48 am

Hey guys, just letting you know I am still here but I have been unwell so sorry for not posting. Rowan is following Anira because she hopes (a small hope) that she will be able to get revenge on the King and his men. Though she won't necessarily admit to that openly lol
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Belynta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SRincarnate on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Hey hey hey all. I know I've been a bit absent from the rp but with midterms out of the way I am able to focus more here. And yes, a new guy running about who I have quite a few plans for. Oh what a fun little web I'll weave for him. I planned for him to be in one of the king's patrols, scouting out a recent forest fire and generally being a loyal little soldier. Anyone want to spitball a few ideas for Sirus let me know.

SRincarnate
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Scarlette on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Seems like we are moving at a snails pace, youre best Rping to catch up or get with Pyros's character. At this rate we might finally get to Ma'el at the end of Spring.

Lady Scarlette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emjajoas on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:55 pm

I'm waiting for everyone else to post 'cause Joph doesn't really have much to say or do at this moment in time.

emjajoas
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kexia on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:12 pm

I'll get a post up in the morning. Anira will get rid of Kayo and we'll move on.

kexia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emjajoas on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:19 pm

I'm so antsy to get on the road with you guys.

emjajoas
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Scarlette on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:31 pm

The forest is silent!

Lady Scarlette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Scarlette on Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:47 pm

*pokes rp with a stick*

Lady Scarlette
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby emjajoas on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:04 pm

Watch where you stick that thing! It hurts.

emjajoas
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!